Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlotteallan95)
    Do more volunteering and try and get a high ukcat score and apply to places that focus on that more than gcse

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tnx what's ur stats like? If you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by f.loco)
    Tnx what's ur stats like? If you don't mind me asking

Posted from TSR Mobile
    6A* 4A 1B gcse
    A*AAb (predicted) alevel
    690 ukcat hence why I applied here as they do not use the ukcat...I had an absolute nightmare on the day and didn't do enough prep for it!

And I have done three work experiences in hospitals and two volunteering placements one for four years the other for just over 8 months before I applied

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So did everyone get the email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah lol nearly had a heart attack

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbithas)
    Yeah lol nearly had a heart attack

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same :O Oh well at least we know it's definitely the end of march rather than anytime now..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student 1)
    Same :O Oh well at least we know it's definitely the end of march rather than anytime now..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it will be around the 20th (same as last year) or at least I hope it will be - the wait has been a killer, I have replayed the interview in my mind around a billion times now (and cringing a lot haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbithas)
    I think it will be around the 20th (same as last year) or at least I hope it will be - the wait has been a killer, I have replayed the interview in my mind around a billion times now (and cringing a lot haha)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, not remembering anything positive and thinking about when I got asked the roles of a doctor and after I answered the woman looked at me and said 'anything else you can think of..?' And had a total mind block
    Hoping it went ok though.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd drop dead if they gave me an offer, as my interview went so badly. Also they should give emails proper titles - I got all hopeful

ReputationRep:
    6A* 4A 1B gcse
    A*AAb (predicted) alevel
    690 ukcat hence why I applied here as they do not use the ukcat...I had an absolute nightmare on the day and didn't do enough prep for it!

And I have done three work experiences in hospitals and two volunteering placements one for four years the other for just over 8 months before I applied

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're amazing stats! How many other offers or interviews have you got? If you don't mind me asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually nearly died in college.
    That email was terrifying

They're amazing stats! How many other offers or interviews have you got? If you don't mind me asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha not compared to many other applicants!!!
    I have had two interviews in total and two rejections..I haven't heard from either interview yet! I also have a back up offer from Leeds for biochem 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Aha not compared to many other applicants!!!
    I have had two interviews in total and two rejections..I haven't heard from either interview yet! I also have a back up offer from Leeds for biochem 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great! Hope you get an offer! Any advice for me to maximise my chances cause I still have a year to apply!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great! Hope you get an offer! Any advice for me to maximise my chances cause I still have a year to apply!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks so do I 😩 so nervous now!!!!
    Just get lots of valuable experiences that you can learn from in order to talk about on your ps! And start drafting early so you can get it right...prepare for the ukcat properly with books and the online tests and try and get the best as grades you can!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so do I 😩 so nervous now!!!!
    Just get lots of valuable experiences that you can learn from in order to talk about on your ps! And start drafting early so you can get it right...prepare for the ukcat properly with books and the online tests and try and get the best as grades you can!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha I know the feeling! But be patient, and optimistic hopefully they'll give you the offer! And thanks alot for the tips! Shall I do an NCS program?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumschpringe)
    I'm resitting two subjects at the moment actually, so I've applied to Liverpool, Lancaster and Exeter.

Liverpool and Lancaster allow anyone to apply as long as they have achieved a minimum of CCCb in the first sitting and meet all other criteria.

Exeter allow any applicants regardless of what was achieved the first time around (however their selection process is very tough- be wary of applying here without a high UKCAT and no predicted A*s!)

UEA allow applicants who have achieved ABBb in the first sitting.

Keele allow people who have achieved A*ABb to apply.

There are a few others who allow resitting if you've achieved a minimum of AABb the first time around- I can't be bothered to look them up though so you'll have to do a bit of researching on that if you want to know!
    Would Liverpool consider me if I didn't get the grades this year but were to reapply next year? Or do they only consider first time applicants to the uni who have done a levels over 3 years? (I have an offer already from Keele but I'm worried about getting AAb or something) also I thought it was only if you had mitigating circumstances to resist? Thanks for your help

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apply tactically, obviously only to places you want to go but take into account your ukcat score and how they look at it and the applicant : offer ratios.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student 1)
    3 weeks tomorrow until 31st. Do Liverpool tend to give out all the post interview decisions on that day or is it more likely to be a mixture of offers and rejections over a few days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Last year all the offers were given out at once in one big go!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck everyone! That feeling after getting an offer is worth the long wait! From a current 1st year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han2806)
    Ooo the suspense !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han2806)
    Haha, HYMS tried to do that this year but apparently they had system limitations and they had to spread them out instead lol.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.