Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • PS Reviewer

(Original post by Rooroo96)
    Liverpool or bristol can not decide and I don't have long left

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Make a list of positives and negatives and what is important to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooroo96)
    Liverpool or bristol can not decide and I don't have long left

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How has your UCAS deadline not passed yet...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Helloooo I was just wondering who else had firmed Liverpool and what accomodation people have applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah24601)
    Helloooo I was just wondering who else had firmed Liverpool and what accomodation people have applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've firmed Liverpool and I've applied for vine court and crown place
    Where have u applied for accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aishaahmed96)
    I've firmed Liverpool and I've applied for vine court and crown place
    Where have u applied for accommodation ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! First two options Crown place, third Vine Court - I really want self catered

ReputationRep:
    Same! First two options Crown place, third Vine Court - I really want self catered
    Exactly the same as me then
    I defos need self catering I am the fussiest person Ever when it comes to food lol
    Are u in year 13 or on a gap year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same as me then I defos need self catering I am the fussiest person Ever when it comes to food lol Are u in year 13 or on a gap year ? Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha! Year 13 - fingers crossed for results :L what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Haha! Year 13 - fingers crossed for results :L what about you?
    Same year 13
    How u feeling about ur exams confident ? Or crapping urself like me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same year 13
    How u feeling about ur exams confident ? Or crapping urself like me lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Deffo worried :L first one tomorrow and I'm terrified! I really want to go to uni in September but I'm scared I won't get the grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Deffo worried :L first one tomorrow and I'm terrified! I really want to go to uni in September but I'm scared I won't get the grades...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have two on Tuesday
    And yh I feel like im running out of time to get everything done :/ especially for biology it's a nightmare
    Do u do biology ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have two on Tuesday
    And yh I feel like im running out of time to get everything done :/ especially for biology it's a nightmare
    Do u do biology ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly - not enough time :L Yeah I do biology and it's probably the one I'm most worried about!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly - not enough time :L Yeah I do biology and it's probably the one I'm most worried about!
    Same here especially unit 5 :/
    How are u with the essays ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here especially unit 5 :/
    How are u with the essays ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That is my least favourite unit ever
    The long answer questions in bio? If they're on a topic I knoe about they're easy marks, but usually they are so specific I just want to cry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is my least favourite unit ever
    The long answer questions in bio? If they're on a topic I knoe about they're easy marks, but usually they are so specific I just want to cry

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh the 25 mark essays
    I'm so scared I really hope they aren't specific ones or I will freak out :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh the 25 mark essays
    I'm so scared I really hope they aren't specific ones or I will freak out :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh you must do a different exam board! The most marks on a question I can have is 9 or 10 :/ that's ocr! But they're still horrid....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey - I'm a 2nd Year Medic at Liverpool at the moment
    If anyone on here has any questions/queries about Medicine/University/Ciriculum Review please feel free to get in contact with me at any point and I will do my best to answer you. If I personally don't know the answer i will contact someone who does and get it too you.
    If you don't want to post on here for any reason feel free on inbox me on here or you can email me on - [email protected] hotmail .co .uk

I can't stress enough that if you have a question then ask don't sit in the dark worrying

Good Luck with your Exams/Results and Hopefully I'll see you next year

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    The student satisfaction is quite low which is probably due to the lack of teaching, or the teaching we do get either being patronisingly simple or consultant level complicated.
    This stems from the lecturers not knowing what level we are at - The ciriculum review should change this completely as at the start of the year you will get 6 weeks basic science teaching to ensure that everyone is at the same level

As you have probably gathered different exam boards cover different topics so all the freshers come to uni with different amounts of knowledge which is really very annoying at time and it can dint your confidence

Also with the review you will get more teaching and there will be more structure to the year which is good. All the Doctors that I have spoken to regarding the Ciriculum Review love the Idea and the current 2nd years are very jealous of the teaching you will get :P

The satisfaction as I said is mainly due to the lack of teaching but at the same time you must remember we applied for a PBL course which is essentially the DIY of medicine

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    The student satisfaction is quite low which is probably due to the lack of teaching, or the teaching we do get either being patronisingly simple or consultant level complicated.
    This stems from the lecturers not knowing what level we are at - The ciriculum review should change this completely as at the start of the year you will get 6 weeks basic science teaching to ensure that everyone is at the same level

As you have probably gathered different exam boards cover different topics so all the freshers come to uni with different amounts of knowledge which is really very annoying at time and it can dint your confidence

Also with the review you will get more teaching and there will be more structure to the year which is good. All the Doctors that I have spoken to regarding the Ciriculum Review love the Idea and the current 2nd years are very jealous of the teaching you will get :P

The satisfaction as I said is mainly due to the lack of teaching but at the same time you must remember we applied for a PBL course which is essentially the DIY of medicine

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylea)
    Hi

Hope this helps
    Was your year group involved in any trials of the new curriculum? It all seems very mysterious to me (though a good mysterious-I like the idea of more teaching ! ). Are exams going to be throughout the year or just at the end? And what is clinical work like in the first year? Thank you, I'm very excited (but nervous regarding grades...)
    • PS Reviewer

(Original post by Student 1)
    Was your year group involved in any trials of the new curriculum? It all seems very mysterious to me (though a good mysterious-I like the idea of more teaching ! ). Are exams going to be throughout the year or just at the end? And what is clinical work like in the first year? Thank you, I'm very excited (but nervous regarding grades...)
    All year groups have been 'trialling' aspects of the new system.

Exams remain the same: mocks in January with summatives in summer.

There is no clinical work in 1st year (not worth mentioning anyway).

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.