Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faddys123)
    what your timetable like?
    With the new curriculum, apparently it's busier than last year's freshers but it's not too bad. Normally a 9am lecture every day, a lunch time lecture and every few days or so we have a group session or two in addition to that.
    It can vary; today I only had two lectures, but tomorrow I'm at uni 9-4 with a lunch break at 1pm.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone here on the liverpool scholars scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumschpringe)
    With the new curriculum, apparently it's busier than last year's freshers but it's not too bad. Normally a 9am lecture every day, a lunch time lecture and every few days or so we have a group session or two in addition to that.
    It can vary; today I only had two lectures, but tomorrow I'm at uni 9-4 with a lunch break at 1pm.
    What is the course as a whole like?
    Anything you like/dislike?
    • PS Reviewer

Well that can't be that hard. 1st year's previously did sweet **** all throughout the year...

ReputationRep:
    At least 2A*s and 8As will help me here, got all As and A*s.
    This uni I am definitely applying to!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone roughly know when liverpool normally give interview offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WesterosWildling)
    Does anyone roughly know when liverpool normally give interview offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the interview dates run from 17th november till february 2015 so i'd assume they'd give out the invitation to interview two to four weeks before the date you get

ReputationRep:
    I have 2A*s, 4As, an OCR Level 2 award Distinction, and 2Bs... i have recovered from several sources that the distinction is an equivalent of an A*A... so will this get me up to a score of about 16/18??
    • PS Reviewer

(Original post by Neuro17)
    I have 2A*s, 4As, an OCR Level 2 award Distinction, and 2Bs... i have recovered from several sources that the distinction is an equivalent of an A*A... so will this get me up to a score of about 16/18??
    Email them and get written confirmation.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skizzle)
    What is the course as a whole like?
    Anything you like/dislike?
    We're only a month into it so I can't really say much other than the lectures will fly over your head if you can't rememeber much of your A-Level biology :lol: but it's fun though.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    Well that can't be that hard. 1st year's previously did sweet **** all throughout the year...
    :lol: that's what I'm being repeatedly told!
    But as we're being made to scan our cards into every session now most people are feeling a bit lost as we can't quite keep up with the content... A lot of freshers are bragging about all the notes they've made and I've barely even started any work :dontknow:
    • PS Reviewer

But as we're being made to scan our cards into every session now most people are feeling a bit lost as we can't quite keep up with the content... A lot of freshers are bragging about all the notes they've made and I've barely even started any work :dontknow:
    Let them make notes. It doesn't help much. Do your own learning in your own time and it is more likely to sink in. Not that I endorse missing lectures (or sleeping in them)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyalimers)
    Let them make notes. It doesn't help much. Do your own learning in your own time and it is more likely to sink in. Not that I endorse missing lectures (or sleeping in them)...
    Do you guys know how many internationals they interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by errrr...)
    Do you guys know how many internationals they interview?
    Roughly in the same ratio as the local students about 3-4:1 so around 120-150?

They interview in Malaysia in January and interview most of the international students there unless you're already in the UK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaylain)
    Roughly in the same ratio as the local students about 3-4:1 so around 120-150?

They interview in Malaysia in January and interview most of the international students there unless you're already in the UK
    Thanks!
    Are you an international? Can ask what your stats are like?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Are you an international? Can ask what your stats are like?
    Yeah I am but I didn't do A levels so its probably not that comparable, with Liverpool though they have a minimum requirement for academics but having achieved that the bulk of the decision lies in your PS and interview performance.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am but I didn't do A levels so its probably not that comparable, with Liverpool though they have a minimum requirement for academics but having achieved that the bulk of the decision lies in your PS and interview performance.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Are interviews for internationals held later than for home students?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply.
    Are interviews for internationals held later than for home students?
    Not really the time they interview in Malaysia is quite fixed normally early January whereas interview for home students (and UK/EU based international students) can be anytime normally from Nov-Feb

ReputationRep:
    Not really the time they interview in Malaysia is quite fixed normally early January whereas interview for home students (and UK/EU based international students) can be anytime normally from Nov-Feb
    Do you think it's easier to get in as an international?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the international statistics for liverpool? e.g. no. of applicants last year?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.