Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

It depresses me it's another year and a half until I leave home watch

ReputationRep:
    I can honestly say I cannot wait to leave home

Any where I go I feel I am being watched ... I can't go anywhere but my mum finds out...

I can't do anything without half my local area seeing it on facebook

I mean.. why the hell do people insist on uploading pictures of every event in their entire life onto facebook?

I just feel there is no privacy in my life here what so ever...

I really do not like facebook. My mum always looks at my friends profiles and there is obviously there is stuff on it that she doesn't like...

But seriously, I am sure her mum wouldn't of wanted to see what her and her friends were talking about? It's no different here accept it's on facebook.

Is it sad she keeps doing this? It's really wearing me down. I am always being watched on facebook and nothing can remain private EUGH.

And for the record- I no longer have facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone agree with this?

ReputationRep:
    i can't join in with the fb thing because luckily for me my mum & dad don't use facebook and i deleted any nosy family members a while ago, but i definitely can't wait to leave home, i've literally been waiting for three years, by september i should be out of here! don't let them wear you down, just keep thinking of how time is passing by and it won't be too long now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazershus)
    i can't join in with the fb thing because luckily for me my mum & dad don't use facebook and i deleted any nosy family members a while ago, but i definitely can't wait to leave home, i've literally been waiting for three years, by september i should be out of here! don't let them wear you down, just keep thinking of how time is passing by and it won't be too long now!
    My mum is always trying to change my friends and get me in trouble.

Does she not understand that normal 18 year old boys are going to talk about girls and are going to get drunk..?

ReputationRep:
    Just delete your mother from your friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madfish)
    My mum is always trying to change my friends and get me in trouble.

Does she not understand that normal 18 year old boys are going to talk about girls and are going to get drunk..?
    can't really say anything there, i would get a good beating, or a lecture if they're in a good mood if i even mentioned boys or drinking alcohol, some parents like mine and yours it seems, feel like their job is to basically rule our lives and then take our decisions upon themselves, to an extent i can see how they feel and that they want to lead us down the 'right' path but it can get annoying, i'm just waiting to finally leave before i turn crazy. my mum's even complained about my friends as well, when i mention anything about them or if they call after 7pm (can you imagine!!!), and i have super goody goody friends too, but they've never really met any of them, i don't like intermingling my family life with anything else, anytime i think of my parents i feel negative so i prefer to keep them separate.

ReputationRep:
    Completely and totally agree. I'm so sick of home now that I'm working on bettering myself and my grades and researching university constantly. I wish I was a year older

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazershus)
    can't really say anything there, i would get a good beating, or a lecture if they're in a good mood if i even mentioned boys or drinking alcohol, some parents like mine and yours it seems, feel like their job is to basically rule our lives and then take our decisions upon themselves, to an extent i can see how they feel and that they want to lead us down the 'right' path but it can get annoying, i'm just waiting to finally leave before i turn crazy. my mum's even complained about my friends as well, when i mention anything about them or if they call after 7pm (can you imagine!!!), and i have super goody goody friends too, but they've never really met any of them, i don't like intermingling my family life with anything else, anytime i think of my parents i feel negative so i prefer to keep them separate.
    This ^ my parents aren't bad people but I can't wait till September. I constantly feel like a failure around them and their constant trying to pick my choices/digging at me for my choices wears me down. Then I get snappy and we row a lot.

My friends don't seem to have these issues - their parents are all really supportive and yet their kids are all fine! I don't think I could ever bring my friends to my house because I'd be constantly worried they'd break one of the rules in my house that don't exist in theirs (like eating upstairs or banging a door or closing the fridge too loudly or having the tv too loud or sitting on the seam rather than on the middle of the cushions in the couch, or touch anything glass with their hands and leave fingerprints. I kid you not. )

Still I'm off to uni in less than 200 days and I imagine I'll miss them when I'm gone so just keep your chin up and agree with everything they say you should do. At the End of the day they do love and care for you and just want to keep you on the right path, even if they impose a bit too much sometimes. Don't bother arguing, even if you know you're not going to do it. Better to let the other party think they've won and then do what you want anyway. :3

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    When you move out you'll miss them, I no it makes me sound old but its just there way of caring about you. I moved out 5 years ago and I love living by myself but don't get ahead of your self paying rent and bills isn't that fantastic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.