Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

ReputationRep:
    What is each ums value for the units, my OCR ones were out of 100 each time, thus 95 would be an A*. Sorry probably just me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandaman7771)
    What is each ums value for the units, my OCR ones were out of 100 each time, thus 95 would be an A*. Sorry probably just me.
    We're going with Edexcel. The first two modulars are out of 120 UMS, 2 for each of the 60 marks, and Unit 3 is out of 160.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, well I'd just wait for your other result, but I'm guessing Unit 3 is in the summer, so I'm not sure how tight time constraints are for entries.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    hey,

i did linear edexcel at GCSE so I just sat two 100 mark papers

Retake it if you can! one more exam won't kill.

doing it at the end is so much better, as the easier chapters are so basic by June of year 11 and you just need to focus on aceing the hard ones.

Infact I got 76% and 98% in my maths papers (both were A*s) being A* overall - the grade boundaries for the first paper were so low though.

I know exactly, how it feels to not get what you're capable of though.

To avoid silly errors:
    1. slow down
    2. one line at a time and write all working
    3. practice

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take it though - I've heard that you can only retake if you get a C or below. But I also heard you could retake it at college or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashir)
    Hey! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to take it though - I've heard that you can only retake if you get a C or below. But I also heard you could retake it at college or something.
    Beg your teachers is all I can suggest. I'm sure, its not against the exam board policy as far as I know and maybe they are focused on getting as many people to pass with c and above which is why they aren't worried. Get your parents involved, my dad argued with my school to get a GCSE remark when I missed an A* my 1 UMS (eventually they gave in and blackmailed me by saying it would ruin my relationship with the school and my remark went up by 6-7ums)
    My friend re-took an A in Bio to get it to an A*. Although, I did do GCSEs in 2011 (darn I feel old!)
    Good luck Or you could do it as a private candidate?
    How low was your A? maybe focus on aceing the last paper? if you missed it by a mark or two, you could easily make up for it in the last paper.

ReputationRep:
    I got the highest B possible. Missed it by half a mark.
    My teacher is extremely understanding and we have a great relationship, I'll give it a try thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.