Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Iv'e applied to University and started my application to student finance. However, I can't finish my application as my dad has not got his P60 from 2011-12. He said he can't get it as he's fell out with the employer. Is there any other documents such as a tax return or anything that is documented that he could get to help me finish his part of the application such as his income from that year.

I need help and any help would be amazing.
    I'm stressing as I really want to to go Uni this year.

Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lacie,

Firstly don't stress!

If your Dad only needs the income figures from his P60 he can contact HMRC who will be able to confirm how much he earned over the phone. If he needs documentary evidence of his income details he can also request HMRC to send him a Statement of Earnings for the tax year required, this acts as a replacement to his missing p60.

Hope this helps,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank goodness!!! Thank you so much! I'll let my dad know

ReputationRep:
    Hi again,

I was wondering if you know the number for enquries about requesting a new P60 or similar as I've been on the website but they do not have a specific number to contact them by there are so many and I don't know which one to choose.

Any help ASAP would be great.

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Hi again Lacie,

This will the best number I think

8.00 am to 8.00 pm, Monday to Friday
    8.00 am to 4.00 pm Saturday0845 300 0627

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Ill let you know if it all goes well.

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Hi again. My dads been ringing the numbers but they are not answering I really dont know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lacey,

Our phone lines are very busy but he should be able to get through. We're open until 8pm if that helps.

Many thanks,
    Mark-Lee

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i still am trying to sort out my finance as nothing is going right. But I just wanted to ask if having a Cash ISA will affect my student finance? All the money im saving in there is getting taken out nearer the time I gam getting ready to go to uni as its for a new laptop and art supplies? Everyone is telling me not to put anymore money in there as student finance will ask questions?

ReputationRep:
    Hi again Lacie,

No we don't take ISAs into account when calculating student finance don't worry.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.