Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Just wondered if anyone has travelled to Belfast & Dublin in Ireland .. What were your thoughts/experiences? What is there to do that stands out?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    http://www.discovernorthernireland.c...-Belfast-A2045
    http://www.discoverireland.com/gb/ireland-places-to-go/
    http://www.discoverireland.ie/Places-To-Go/Dublin

ReputationRep:
    I went to Dublin last September and it was fantastic! Infact, I am going back this year as it was really great!

Lots to do and see! Google things to do! :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I loved Dublin. Not been to Belfast though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonista)
    I loved Dublin. Not been to Belfast though.
    Belfast is better imo.

Maybe not just as much to see but the people are much friendlier.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Belfast for uni and I love it, never been to Dublin though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lee R)
    I went to Dublin last September and it was fantastic! Infact, I am going back this year as it was really great!

Lots to do and see! Google things to do! :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    I have Google things to do .. Just looking for peoples personal opinions. Glad you had a good time. I may look into booking

Just one question if you don't mind - Did you book yourself or through a company? I've looked at a few companies and it's far cheap to DIY from what I've seen

Thanks I have looked at the Discover Ireland pages and Googled things to do .. Just wanted to get people's personal opinions too

ReputationRep:
    Dublin is a lot more expensive than Belfast.

In Belfast you've got all the Titanic stuff to see, the Ulster Museum, and you've got the Folk & Transport Museum just down the road. If you fancy travelling a bit further you've got the Giant's Causeway, Lough Neagh, the aquarium at Portaferry.

ReputationRep:
    I travel to Dublin quite often and spend long periods there and I absolutely love it. I've been to Belfast a couple of times as well so I can give you my opinion on both although it depends a lot on what type of attractions ur planning to see and how many days you're planning to stay for.

Personally I prefer Dublin over Belfast; the city itself is nicer and theres loads to see and do. Belfast is good if you're interested in the history of Ireland, the tours around the city showing you the murals and stuff are highly enriching but other than that I wouldn't say there is much to do and it's far from being the most beautiful city in Ireland. It's true that you can travel around and go to the Giants Causeway but that's also possible if you go to Dublin. In fact, if you're planning to go on a long holiday, say 5-6 days, I'd recommend you to visit both cities, they're only two and a half hours away. But if you're going on a 2-3 days holiday I think you're gonna get the best impression of Ireland if you visit Dublin first. Belfast is a good option but Dublin is just magic

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.