Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Adolf Hitler Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomas2)
    Hmmmn... what's the point of this thread? Who was the best actor to play Hitler?

Not Anthony Hopkins: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZF6FGAuolY
    Bruno, Bruno, Bruno Ganz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    :five: Isn't it just great!
    No better way to start a good day! You see, I have a friend who knows all about this kinda stuff...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Bruno, Bruno, Bruno Ganz.
    It's definitely not Robert Carlyle either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedd)
    No better way to start a good day! You see, I have a friend who knows all about this kinda stuff...
    Oh really? That's pretty bad ass
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: - don't worry I hate that POS 'publication'.
    Also did you know Metro is made by DM publications? I was so sad when I found that out.

That is sad! Though to be honest I have learned to appreciate the artistic merits of the daily mail :yep:

It's only the start of the battle. Wait till Goering comes in - then the splashing really starts. That boy needed a big bath.

When I first read the Pink Swastika all of the names I'd heard so innocently in history class made sense. The knight of the long knives anyone?

ReputationRep:
    It's definitely not Robert Carlyle either.
    Well, bits of that I thought were quite good, he was good as the ranting orator, the problem was more in the looks department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hal.E.Lujah)
    That is sad! Though to be honest I have learned to appreciate the artistic merits of the daily mail :yep:

When I first read the Pink Swastika all of the names I'd heard so innocently in history class made sense. The knight of the long knives anyone?
    Well I don't personally look as far as the artsy sections of the DM as I am so appalled at what is on the main part of the site I will have to take your word for it.
    Well, bits of that I thought were quite good, he was good as the ranting orator, the problem was more in the looks department.
    Yes bits were good - such as the Putsch scene but yes, his looks were seriously off, there were so many noticeable inaccuracies plus the plot was a bit crap in parts too.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't personally look as far as the artsy sections of the DM as I am so appalled at what is on the main part of the site I will have to take your word for it.

Those are the bits I meant, the front page stories. The thrilling tales, the car chases, the danger and adventure! It's art I tell you, truly masterpiece after masterpiece of fiction.

ReputationRep:
    Those are the bits I meant, the front page stories. The thrilling tales, the car chases, the danger and adventure! It's art I tell you, truly masterpiece after masterpiece of fiction.
    :ahee: Oh I can't believe I didn't realise your context. I am dying with laughter atm irl. Rep for you my friend.

ReputationRep:
    This thread isn't about the Nazis, but I thought I would bring him in right at the start and therefore avoid the usual late collapse of the thread into a series of accusatory "you're a Nazi" statements.

Godwin's Law has hereby been avoided. We are now free to discuss anything without fear of it being invoked.
    You're a Stalinist.

Godwins law is so last year. It's Mails law now.

(The amount of time it takes for someone to link the daily mail)
    This.

Or even mention the Daily Mail.
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    This.

Or even mention the Daily Mail.

There's something oddly disconcerting about you agreeing with me :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    There's something oddly disconcerting about you agreeing with me :giggle:
    :mmm:

wow I got negged

ReputationRep:
    Stephen Berkhoff was quite good too...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huf9JUibW0E

ReputationRep:
    Strangely, the Nazi guide to the UK for children didn't mention the Daily Mail (well, according to the Daily Mail anyway), which is odd, given how much the Mail supported Hitler before, er, 1939.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...akespeare.html

ReputationRep:
    Hitler was one of the greatest leaders in the 20th century in terms of restoring the economy and creating one of the strongest military powerhouses in Europe, and indeed the world. He fulfilled almost all of his policies, abolished child labour, increased pensions and the minimum wage, nationalised a huge proportion of the public sector and most importantly gave confidence and pride to the German people. Downsides are he was antisemitic, and his major downfall were invading Russia.

ReputationRep:
    Strangely, the Nazi guide to the UK for children didn't mention the Daily Mail (well, according to the Daily Mail anyway), which is odd, given how much the Mail supported Hitler before, er, 1939.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...akespeare.html
    The Mail - always leading the charge against common sense.

To be fair, most of England did similarly before the invasion of Poland. Appeasement was all the rage back then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedd)
    The Mail - always leading the charge against common sense.

To be fair, most of England did similarly before the invasion of Poland. Appeasement was all the rage back then!
    Most. Not all.

ReputationRep:
    All the sheep in the textbook shown in the DM article are actually penguins playing hide and seek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    Hitler was one of the greatest leaders in the 20th century in terms of restoring the economy and creating one of the strongest military powerhouses in Europe, and indeed the world. He fulfilled almost all of his policies, abolished child labour, increased pensions and the minimum wage, nationalised a huge proportion of the public sector and most importantly gave confidence and pride to the German people. Downsides are he was antisemitic, and his major downfall were invading Russia.
    Ach, ya, such a trivial mistake, ze invasion of ze bolsheviks, and dat hatred of Die Juden, ahh, apart from those, how was ze krieg for you, Herr Hitler?

God I miss zose days at ze Berghof! Such happy times!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.