Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    What's the best was to gain marks when writing about each point? I'm really confused on how to set it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksingh)
    What's the best was to gain marks when writing about each point? I'm really confused on how to set it out.
    state your point. analyse it. give an example of a business which relates to your point. explain the causes/effects for that business. evaluate your point.

do about 3/4 of those kinda big paragraphs and your sorted.

ReputationRep:
    can someone please put up their Research note? need to see how ppl are doing this research cos I am confuse!

ReputationRep:
    I think 2 for and 2 against is a bit of a small amount considering we have about 50 minutes for each essay? Wouldn't 3 for and 3 against be better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bundlez)
    can someone please put up their Research note? need to see how ppl are doing this research cos I am confuse!
    Tbh I'm just typing in stuff like 'Barclays corporate culture' and it comes up with a few articles on their culture and how it's changed under Antony Jenkins etc. Nothing too special, as long as you can use relevant examples in your essay then you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    I think 2 for and 2 against is a bit of a small amount considering we have about 50 minutes for each essay? Wouldn't 3 for and 3 against be better?
    Remember they're supposed to be really chunky and in depth paragraphs, not just a couple of lines for each point. You've got to analyse, relate it to a business you've researched and evaluate all in one paragraph, I think 2 for and 2 against is a suitable amount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superunknown17)
    Remember they're supposed to be really chunky and in depth paragraphs, not just a couple of lines for each point. You've got to analyse, relate it to a business you've researched and evaluate all in one paragraph, I think 2 for and 2 against is a suitable amount.
    21 lines a paragraph???

ReputationRep:
    That is true, its just that i have been looking at some answers which are scoring around 30 out of 40 and they each had 3 points for and against, but maybe not as chunky as you say. I guess AQA are more about quality rather than quantity though.

ReputationRep:
    That is true, its just that i have been looking at some answers which are scoring around 30 out of 40 and they each had 3 points for and against, but maybe not as chunky as you say. I guess AQA are more about quality rather than quantity though.
    Yeah I mean if you feel you can do 3 for and 3 against then why not but I find I'm pushed for time when I try and do more than 2 for/2 against. But like you said quality will be more important than quantity.

(Original post by yaboy)
    21 lines a paragraph???
    Excuse me? :P

ReputationRep:
    what are examples of businesses which meet all 5 bullet points?

ReputationRep:
    2 for and 2 against is more than enough. any more and you're not analysing your points in enough detail which stops you from getting high analysis marks.
    also you should spend 10 minutes planning each essay so you only really have 40 minutes on each one, which is just about enough for a total of 6 paragraphs (including introduction and conclusion)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    2 for and 2 against is more than enough. any more and you're not analysing your points in enough detail which stops you from getting high analysis marks.
    also you should spend 10 minutes planning each essay so you only really have 40 minutes on each one, which is just about enough for a total of 6 paragraphs (including introduction and conclusion)
    This is really confusing, how you going to do for and against for the final bullet point: problems of changing organisational culture? our teacher told us to talk about three businesses that are having problems and come to a conclusion. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I DO FOR AND AGAINST FOR THIS BULLET POINT.

ReputationRep:
    Just to add in with this whole structure thing, my teacher gave me some model answers from last years papers,

one that wrote three points that were all really specific with like numerical data etc got 38/40,
    and one that wrote Four points with less specific numerical data scored 37/40,

so I'd aim for four points, but ensure that all your paragraphs are specific as possible, in case you only have enough time to write three points, because it's clear that you can still access a top grade by doing this.

In my mock, I wrote six points/companies and consequently lacked specific details and only got a B so don't do that haha!

ReputationRep:
    Whats a strong org culture and wahst a weak org culture. Can some please explain and give example

Much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)
    Whats a strong org culture and wahst a weak org culture. Can some please explain and give example

Much appreciated
    a strong organisational culture is one where employees believe in the corporate values, so employees need less supervision, the staff are loyal and have increased motivation, an example of this is Zappos, or Facebook or Google or Ikea, like the videos available online all show the employees to really embrace the corporate culture

a weak organisational culture is one where employee's don't share the company's values, they're more forced to comply with them. I'm ngl I'm not really sure of an example for this, but inevitably a business that has failed because the employee's didnt embrace the business, I'll see if I can find an example and let you know

hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiax0)
    Just to add in with this whole structure thing, my teacher gave me some model answers from last years papers,

one that wrote three points that were all really specific with like numerical data etc got 38/40,
    and one that wrote Four points with less specific numerical data scored 37/40,

so I'd aim for four points, but ensure that all your paragraphs are specific as possible, in case you only have enough time to write three points, because it's clear that you can still access a top grade by doing this.

In my mock, I wrote six points/companies and consequently lacked specific details and only got a B so don't do that haha!
    thanks for the tips!

a strong organisational culture is one where employees believe in the corporate values, so employees need less supervision, the staff are loyal and have increased motivation, an example of this is Zappos, or Facebook or Google or Ikea, like the videos available online all show the employees to really embrace the corporate culture

a weak organisational culture is one where employee's don't share the company's values, they're more forced to comply with them. I'm ngl I'm not really sure of an example for this, but inevitably a business that has failed because the employee's didnt embrace the business, I'll see if I can find an example and let you know

hope that helps
    Enron's a good example of a weak/toxic culture as is barclays/other banks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBobb)
    This is really confusing, how you going to do for and against for the final bullet point: problems of changing organisational culture? our teacher told us to talk about three businesses that are having problems and come to a conclusion. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I DO FOR AND AGAINST FOR THIS BULLET POINT.
    the question isnt going to be 'problems of changing a culture'

its going to be a broader question covering probably 2 of the bullet points, so you don't necessarily need a 'f'or' argument for that bullet point.

ReputationRep:

hope that helps
    Thank You that deffonately helped :-)

Could you upload the model ansears you were looking at please?

ReputationRep:
    What culture did steve jobs bring to apple?

I know it was secretcy but was it role culture, task culture?

and what was his leadership style?

ReputationRep:

Excuse me? :P
    Is 15-21 lines of writing enough for a "Chunky paragraph"

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.