Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Could someone explain the difference between CSR and ethics to me please? trying to clear up some misconceptions before the exam

ReputationRep:
    Would BP for the oil spill and Barclays for the PPI scandal come under CSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommy1995)
    Would BP for the oil spill and Barclays for the PPI scandal come under CSR?
    Yes, because they're both accepting CSR, as BP set aside a fund to compensate the people affected by the spill. Barclays too but for PPI instead.

ReputationRep:
    hello guys silly question however is CULTURE the definite topic for section A of the exam? and what topics are NOT likely to come up this year around? and which topics should I focus on revising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humabug)
    hello guys silly question however is CULTURE the definite topic for section A of the exam? and what topics are NOT likely to come up this year around? and which topics should I focus on revising
    Yes lol, culture is the definite topic for section A. and you can't really rule out any topics for section B

ReputationRep:
    what are we meant to know about contingency planning, what types of contrasting examples?

It likely it will come up

ReputationRep:
    I would recommend to anybody who hasn't researched Starbucks, research them. They're like the bible of application

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Could anyone help me with business examples to use for WAYS of changing organisational culture?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisRichardson)
    Would anyone care to recommend me a successful takeover example, the company names are fine I'll research it myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The examples I am using are:

Kraft and Cadbury
    Sky and Amstrad

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got a case study/notes on Nestlé?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please post their research for bullet point 5, thats the one which i have the least amount of information about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livvyparr)
    Hi,
    Could anyone help me with business examples to use for WAYS of changing organisational culture?
    Thanks
    Royal Mail - new CEO Moya Greene came I. To help change culture. She used clear visions and careful planning. She organised a 3 step 6 month plan. As she was facing resistance she used Lewins unfreeze - change- freeze model. This helped reduce resistance as it helps employees see why change is needed. She also kept a blog on the website so people could see how change was occurring . Finally she built good relations with unions to prevent any strikes etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowster)
    I would recommend to anybody who hasn't researched Starbucks, research them. They're like the bible of application
    In what way? For culture or other topics? Any resources you can share?

ReputationRep:
    I have gone over the thoery like 4 times over, theres not much else to learn. At this point im just looking at past papers and revising my research. How are you guys preparing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    I have gone over the thoery like 4 times over, theres not much else to learn. At this point im just looking at past papers and revising my research. How are you guys preparing?
    barely any theory all you need is research and witht theory and exam technique PEEL and your sorted

What have you got for contingency planning?

ReputationRep:
    this would be a killer question Are cultural differences within an organisation an opportunity or a threat to
    business success?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)
    barely any theory all you need is research and witht theory and exam technique PEEL and your sorted

What have you got for contingency planning?
    I havent really researched that. I dont know what to research for it. I still have a bit to research for section B apart from contingency planning though. Stuff like the recession and competition. Have you covered most of section B's topics?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the 2013 jan bus4 paper please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pappu)
    does anyone have the 2013 jan bus4 paper please?
    http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/busin...d-mark-schemes

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any research on Royal Mail theyd like to share? For Section B Q's please

THANKS

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.