Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    i've got a feeling both will. something about how the economy is affecting business at the moment maybe.
    I agree with this, both are likely to come up in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    Can anyone explain due dilligence?
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone explain due dilligence?
    come again?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    :eek:
    Well its the reason why daimler and crysler failed apparently. I think it means when an aquiring company will investigate the company that it wishes to takeover/merge with. For example, looking at the companys balance sheet to asses their financial position.

ReputationRep:
    Due diligence (i think) is a business who does all that is necessary to minimise the risks of a problem arising, e.g. the BP oil spill, or the Bangladesh factory disaster.

Know this from law

ReputationRep:
    Well its the reason why daimler and crysler failed apparently. I think it means when an aquiring company will investigate the company that it wishes to takeover/merge with. For example, looking at the companys balance sheet to asses their financial position.
    I don't think that's something i'll be mentioning in any of my essays lol....

ReputationRep:
    on mark schemes, where it shows the table of how marks are allocated, what does 'default mark' mean on the right hand side?

heres a mark scheme

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JUN12.PDF

ReputationRep:
    probably best not to mention it if you're unsure how you could analyse the point fully

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that's something i'll be mentioning in any of my essays lol....
    haha

ReputationRep:
    probably best not to mention it if you're unsure how you could analyse the point fully
    yeah fair point! ill just stick to their cultural differences, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this, both are likely to come up in my opinion
    actually I just saw the jan 2013 paper and im not sure now. ethics and external environment came up. however its likely mergers and aquistion will come up.

ReputationRep:
    can i pm someone an essay or if i put it on here can someone have a read and give me tips on how to improve it and give a rough mark please?

ReputationRep:
    What is a bureaucratic leadership style???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james2557)
    What is a bureaucratic leadership style???
    Employs rigid and complex rules, centralised decision making, tightly defined job rules, usually in a hierarchical structure such as government departments.

ReputationRep:
    Please could someone post their notes for business's relating to mergers/takeovers/acquisitions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofiax0)
    it wasn't working because the files too large, it won't even let me upload pages separately because they're also "too large". do you want me to email you it?
    please may you email them to me? [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Any examples for retrenchment? Other than Tesco (Fresh&Easy in US)

THANKS

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got any notes on Cadbury & Kraft and if the merge/takeover was successful or not? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubix1)
    Any examples for retrenchment? Other than Tesco (Fresh&Easy in US)

THANKS
    Nokia used retrenchment as they pulled out of the Symbian Foundation.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, safe to say im very nervous for this exam, all my others have gone well (touchwood) so I feel like this one may be destined to go badly! . I don't know if anyone will have any idea but I got a high A (over 90%) in the AS and I THINK unit 3 went well, say high B, low A, so does anyone know the minimum I could get in unit 4 to get an A overall?? Also, any ideas on what may come up for section B? im thinking maybe takeovers/mergers, or retrenchment?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.