Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caraak)
    anyone got any business examples for when governments have intervened in the market? i was doing an essay plan today for
    "is more regulation required in order to ensure multinationals act ethically"
    all i could think of/ find was nestle...
    Maybe microsoft? in 1998 they had over 90% market share in their industry and were charging high prices to customers. The government decided to split microsoft into 2 to reduce their power and allow competitors such as linux and apple to enter.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any business examples for when governments have intervened in the market? i was doing an essay plan today for
    You could argue the privatisation of Royal Mail falls under this AND also, do you have the BUSS4 exam technique booklet thingy Tutor2U produced? There's an exemplar essay regarding regulation.. scored 40/40 i think

ReputationRep:
    I did this exam in jan 2013 for the fun of it just to see what the paper was like. And i was very suprised with no revision i managed to bullcrap my way to 78/100 ums which a high B i think.

Mergers and takeovers was much easier than the current topic

ReputationRep:
    Im struggling with bullet point 4&5 with section A

Can anyone shed some light please

ReputationRep:
    My ideal question would be something to do with being able to change culture quickly! So many things to evaluate against, it would be beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)

Remind me which ones these are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kellyy :))
    My ideal question would be something to do with being able to change culture quickly! So many things to evaluate against, it would be beautiful
    That would be good...or something relating to the leader's ability to change culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)

I have a really good document I put together, going over every bullet point, and I could email it too you? If the upload hasn't worked...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I have a really good document I put together, going over every bullet point, and I could email it too you? If the upload hasn't worked...
    I have this....or one very similar lol. I thought my teacher produced it herself.... knew it was too good to be true

ReputationRep:
    you put that together? my teacher gave my whole class the exact same worksheet

ReputationRep:
    If you do the research there's an amazing case study for that question on AT&T and Tmobile merging, but the market share of them both would dominate the market so it wasn't in the consumers best interest and therefore deemed illegal and the government stopped it happening

ReputationRep:
    You made that? I've got literally the exact same ones my teacher gave me haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_W-x)
    you put that together? my teacher gave my whole class the exact same worksheet
    It was meant to say my teacher put together! Cheeky buggers giving us all the same one hahaha, I have a different one I out together but it won't be as much use probably, it's more to do with application...if that's any help?

ReputationRep:
    LOL we have the same one

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much but ive already got that, Im still struggling as what examples to put in

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have examples for Contingency Planning, Risk Management, and Political/Legal Environment?

ReputationRep:
    What is the most successfull way in changing an oranisation culutre (40)

What would you plan for this guys?

ReputationRep:
    U could also talk about the UK government introduced the car scrappage scheme where £2000 (£1000 from government and £1000 from manufacturer) was awarded when a customer traded in a car over 10 years old to increase the sales in the car industry but also try to reduce emissions in line with the EU emission regulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rubix1)
    Anyone have examples for Contingency Planning, Risk Management, and Political/Legal Environment?
    BP is a really good example of where contingency planning would've been good.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any big corporates that failed during the recession and why?

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.