The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS 4 - Corporate Culture Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Need help with the Section A research
Reply 1301
Original post by BARCEMO
may do as a section b question..i'll just send you everything like its a lot of examples

Is it okay if i get a copy too?
[email protected]
Original post by BARCEMO
may do as a section b question..i'll just send you everything like its a lot of examples

thankyou so much!! i've found a bit of my mergers and takeovers online as most is on paper, so if anyone wants that let me knowww
Reply 1303
Original post by lucyannnn
definitely can't be as screwed as me, defo doing an all nighter haha

Want some links and stuff that might help you revise last minute?>
Original post by nadster
Oh my apologies
I'm not worried about this though as I do economics so know quite a bit about EU enlargement and free trade, just hadn't heard of the term that was mentioned earlier

I also do Economics, but I used my Business text book to revise for the EU context haha, I found the Alian Anderson textbook to be somewhat limited on the subject.

I'd probably avoid using the EU in BUSS4 though, unless you have business examples for it
Reply 1305
Original post by BARCEMO

Can you send me to aswell please ? [email protected]
Original post by dulwin
Want some links and stuff that might help you revise last minute?>

yes please! x
Reply 1307
can anyone send me any research pleasee ? [email protected]
Original post by Liamp487
I also do Economics, but I used my Business text book to revise for the EU context haha, I found the Alian Anderson textbook to be somewhat limited on the subject.

I'd probably avoid using the EU in BUSS4 though, unless you have business examples for it

Oh haha fair enough. And yeah me too, I'd prefer a more general one on globalisation/ emerging markets. a question on the economic climate would be beautiful
Reply 1310
Original post by lucyannnn
yes please! x

yo i sent it, hope its helpful :biggrin:
Original post by nadster
Oh haha fair enough. And yeah me too, I'd prefer a more general one on globalisation/ emerging markets. a question on the economic climate would be beautiful

I agree totally, imagine a question on fiscal and monetary policies... I would struggle the resist the urge to draw AD/AS diagrams
Reply 1312
Guys can anyone tell me how to set out section b. I have no idea?! :s
If there is a question on Sustainability/CSR/Being ethical are they all essentially the same thing? I'm unsure of the differences betweent them.. I've just done some last minute research and this is what I've found on CSR, I was wondering if it could apply to Ethical and Sustainable questions too? Also, is there anything you could add to my research? Thanks

Corporate Social Responsibility:

Body Shop: Anita Reddick was the leader. No animal testing on products. After Reddick’s death, the Body Shop has been taken over by l'oreal. She started the business from scratch. Extremely ethical. L'oreal claim to have no effect in the production.

Apple: Apple is an iconic global brand which can enjoyed growth in revenues and profits despite some well-publicised problems with working conditions at it’s main suppliers in China. FoxConn is Apple’s supplier who exploit their workers. Numerous child workers under the age of 16, they mare made to work long hour (60 Hours a week), unpaid overtime, workers not given one days rest per seven day week. Numerous suicides by workers jumping out of factory windows, nets have been fitted to avoid future deaths. However, despite all of this, profits have not been affected and they continue to rise. Apple’s investors are not concerned as long as there is a growth in their shareholder value.

Primark: Primark was the main target of the Panorama documentary on working conditions in Bangladesh. Primark had to fire some of their suppliers for using child labour. Although customers were aware of this, they continued to purchase products from Primark and throughout this Primark continued to make large profits. Do people care about where and how their products are made?

M&S: M&S Plan A launched in 2007, has 180 commitments to achieve by 2015 if it is to become the world’s most sustainable major retailor. Cutting costs through packaging reductions, recycling clothes hangers and using less fuel, the saving have outweighed any investments M&S made in Plan A projects. CSR and being ethical proved to be profitable.

Co-Op: Cooporative Group’s “Join the Revolution” (Early 2011). Their owners are their members, not a PLC. High fair trade available in shops. Healier choices will be offered at the same price. The Cooporative bank will increase its lending to the development of renewable energy resources.

Original post by Superunknown17
Leadership, culture, the product, the employees, even the industry, plenty to choose from :smile:

Could you give me examples to go with this please I dont know how to exactly explain it
Original post by Liamp487
I agree totally, imagine a question on fiscal and monetary policies... I would struggle the resist the urge to draw AD/AS diagrams

I don't think I would resist the urge lol
Original post by MrChuckNorris

Body Shop: Anita Reddick was the leader. No animal testing on products. After Reddick’s death, the Body Shop has been taken over by l'oreal. She started the business from scratch. Extremely ethical. L'oreal claim to have no effect in the production.

Apple: Apple is an iconic global brand which can enjoyed growth in revenues and profits despite some well-publicised problems with working conditions at it’s main suppliers in China. FoxConn is Apple’s supplier who exploit their workers. Numerous child workers under the age of 16, they mare made to work long hour (60 Hours a week), unpaid overtime, workers not given one days rest per seven day week. Numerous suicides by workers jumping out of factory windows, nets have been fitted to avoid future deaths. However, despite all of this, profits have not been affected and they continue to rise. Apple’s investors are not concerned as long as there is a growth in their shareholder value.

Primark: Primark was the main target of the Panorama documentary on working conditions in Bangladesh. Primark had to fire some of their suppliers for using child labour. Although customers were aware of this, they continued to purchase products from Primark and throughout this Primark continued to make large profits. Do people care about where and how their products are made?

M&S: M&S Plan A launched in 2007, has 180 commitments to achieve by 2015 if it is to become the world’s most sustainable major retailor. Cutting costs through packaging reductions, recycling clothes hangers and using less fuel, the saving have outweighed any investments M&S made in Plan A projects. CSR and being ethical proved to be profitable.

Co-Op: Cooporative Group’s “Join the Revolution” (Early 2011). Their owners are their members, not a PLC. High fair trade available in shops. Healier choices will be offered at the same price. The Cooporative bank will increase its lending to the development of renewable energy resources.

You are a life saver, couldn't find much good info on CSR anywhere
Original post by MrChuckNorris
If there is a question on Sustainability/CSR/Being ethical are they all essentially the same thing? I'm unsure of the differences betweent them.. I've just done some last minute research and this is what I've found on CSR, I was wondering if it could apply to Ethical and Sustainable questions too? Also, is there anything you could add to my research? Thanks

You could also add to this by saying that the Co-Op bank refuses to lend money to any firms who are involved in the production of weapons or tobacco or other demerit goods
decided not to pull an all nighter and wake up 4am instead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending