Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

End of league table Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a long way off with 8/9 games left to go in the league. With the international break and with nothing better to do. I thought it'll be interesting to see what people predictions are like atm and how it actually turns out.

Using the link below you could use the bbc predictor.

Link

I have
    1) Manchester United
    2) Manchester City
    3) Chelsea
    4) Tottenham
    5) Arsenal - Level on points with 6th but better goal difference
    6) Everton

16) Aston Villa
    17) Wigan
    18) Sunderland
    19) QPR
    20) Reading

ReputationRep:
    1. Manchester United 87pts
    2. Man City 78
    3. Chelsea 76
    4. Tottenham 72
    5. Arsenal 70
    6. Liverpool 62
    7. Everton 59

15. West Ham 40
    16. Southampton 39
    17. Aston Villa 37
    18. QPR 35
    19. Wigan 34
    20. Reading 25

Quite fun to do and see the changes. In my predictions, Arsenal occupied fourth place before Tottenham pipped them.

I'm screen-capping my predictions and see how true or false they do pan out to be at the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    1. Man Utd 95
    2. Man City 79
    3. Chelsea 74
    4. Tottenham 71
    5. Arsenal 66

16. Southampton 39
    17. Stoke 38
    18. QPR 36
    19. Wigan 33
    20. Reading 28

Stoke City needed a win at Southampton on last day to overtake QPR, who lost at Liverpool. Might be worth putting a cheeky couple of quid on Stoke to go down.

ReputationRep:
    The West Brom v Man City fixture is missing on there. I've put it as a Man City win anyway, so it didn't change any positions on the table.

1. Man Utd 96
    2. Man City 82
    3. Chelsea 79
    4. Tottenham 71
    5. Arsenal 67
    6. Liverpool - 60
    7. Everton - 60
    8. West Brom - 60
    9. Swansea - 49
    10. Fulham - 47
    11. Stoke - 43
    12. Newcastle - 40
    13. Wigan - 40
    14. Aston Villa - 39
    15. Southampton - 38
    16. Sunderland - 37
    17. West Ham - 37
    18. Norwich - 37
    19. Q.P.R - 31
    20. Reading - 24

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd 95
    Man City 78
    Tottenham
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Swansea
    West Brom
    Newcastle
    Fulham
    Southampton
    West Ham 42
    Norwich 40
    Stoke 39
    Wigan 37
    Aston Villa 36
    Sunderland 35
    Reading 34
    QPR 31

ReputationRep:
    lol, everybody putting Arsenal in 5th midway through a Spurs collapse and with Arsenal having a much much easier run in from being basically one point behind.

Are people literally morons, or do they just literally forget the events of every preceding season? i love it, love it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    lol, everybody putting Arsenal in 5th midway through a Spurs collapse and with Arsenal having a much much easier run in from being basically one point behind.

Are people literally morons, or do they just literally forget the events of every preceding season? i love it, love it.
    Don't know what past successes have to do with whether or not people think Arsenal will come top 4. You judge based on the present and that's what they've done. No need to get your knickers in a twist just because a few people have Arsenal fifth. You do realise these aren't the real final tables, don't you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    Man Utd 95
    Man City 78
    Tottenham
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Swansea
    West Brom
    Newcastle
    Fulham
    Southampton
    West Ham 42
    Norwich 40
    Stoke 39
    Wigan 37
    Aston Villa 36
    Sunderland 35
    Reading 34
    QPR 31
    Sunderland in 18th?? ......Oh wait, you're a Newcastle fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Don't know what past successes have to do with whether or not people think Arsenal will come top 4. You judge based on the present and that's what they've done. No need to get your knickers in a twist just because a few people have Arsenal fifth. You do realise these aren't the real final tables, don't you?
    Ive been reading these predictions for at least 5 years. Currently Arsenal are 4 behind with a home game in hand. Spurs have a much harder run in and have lost 3 on the bounce. And people once again decide to back against Arsenal, the team that has qualified under Wenger 16 years on the bounce ? Just crazy imo but there you go.

You a West Brom fan then? Might be heading up for the match next month...

ReputationRep:
    Utd
    City
    Chelsea
    Arse
    Spurs
    WBA
    Everton
    Liverpool

Reading
    ----
    Stoke
    Villa
    QPR

hopefully

Ive been reading these predictions for at least 5 years. Currently Arsenal are 4 behind with a home game in hand. Spurs have a much harder run in and have lost 3 on the bounce. And people once again decide to back against Arsenal, the team that has qualified under Wenger 16 years on the bounce ? Just crazy imo but there you go.

I am a WBA fan. Do you want to know the best places for a drink?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBAFAN)
    Utd

I am a WBA fan. Do you want to know the best places for a drink?
    Well yeah why not. My brother, who im going with, goes every year so he probs has a decent idea of the area anyway but always good to hear from a local. Reckon boozing in the center of Birmingham before jumping on the train to WBA is most commong?

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah why not. My brother, who im going with, goes every year so he probs has a decent idea of the area anyway but always good to hear from a local. Reckon boozing in the center of Birmingham before jumping on the train to WBA is most commong?
    Birmingham is only 5-10min train away from the ground. Plenty of bars on broad street.

If you want to stay local to ground then I recommend The Vine or Sportsman. Food and atmosphere is great. Both pubs are around 10min walk from ground.

Royal Oak is usually the away pub. And it's a ****ehole. It usually gets smashed up by stoke and villa fans when they come down.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  136.5 KB
    This table shows me that I am not quite a fan of Liverpool, which I can't deny, but 9 point in almost 10 matches is something a bit too much ). Also weird how the table shows 39 matches )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariucell)
    Name:  Clipboard01.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  136.5 KB
    This table shows me that I am not quite a fan of Liverpool, which I can't deny, but 9 point in almost 10 matches is something a bit too much ). Also weird how the table shows 39 matches )
    How can people have swansea above WBA. what a joke.

ReputationRep:

I'd say the biggest difference between the teams and probably what sways most people towards Spurs is that they have Bale. There's nobody at Arsenal like him that you think can turn a game when you need it most. He's a match winner and Arsenal lack them.

Yes. Tend to be good games between us at The Hawthorns.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    Sunderland in 18th?? ......Oh wait, you're a Newcastle fan.
    It's not too inconceivable that Sunderland will be relegated.

- In their last game, they struggled to pick up a point against a team with 10 men that has not done well away from home all season.
    - They haven't won in 7 games, and their next 4 fixtures are Man United, Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton.
    - Their best striker Steven Fletcher, who has scored a third of their goals, is injured and out for the season.

When you also consider that Villa have started picking up points and Wigan have once again activated god mode in the last ten games, it doesn't bode well for them. Remember Birmingham two years ago, who weren't in the relegation zone all season until the final day?

Reading and QPR are gone, for me it'll be them or Villa who join them.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the biggest difference between the teams and probably what sways most people towards Spurs is that they have Bale. There's nobody at Arsenal like him that you think can turn a game when you need it most. He's a match winner and Arsenal lack them.

Boing boing!

WBA vs Arsenal at home is always a end to end game. We gave them 3 points on a plate last season.

ReputationRep:

Definitely agree with you there. I had Everton in 4th spot and Tottenham in 6th at one point. With the season Arsenal had it wont be surprising if their team drop points against weaker teams when they should really win.

Quite an interesting bunch of tables, can't imagine Norwich getting relegated tho :P hahah Reading and QPR to go down for me, even with Adkins in charge. They left it too late. Sunderland to go down for me just barely tho, they should be a lot more comfortable but Johnson/Larsson/Sessègnon hasn't performed this season.

ReputationRep:
    1 Man Utd 97
    2 Man City 79
    3 Chelsea 73
    4 Arsenal 72
    5 Spurs 70
    6 Everton 67
    7 Liverpool 61

15 Sunderland 36
    16 West Ham 36
    17 Wigan 35
    18 QPR 33
    19 Aston Villa 33
    20 Reading 32

ReputationRep:
    1. Manchester United.
    2. Manchester City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Tottenham
    6. Everton, though I wouldn't totally rule out Liverpool.

18. Sunderland.
    19. Reading.
    20. QPR

It was a little amusing to see Nigel Adkins spout all of the perfunctory rhetoric of the newly-appointed manager. Reading are going down; I'd bet a colossal sum on that.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.