Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically I was speaking to this girl, I promised her not to speak to my ex, but ended up kissing my ex and Saturday. Now the other girl has told me not to text her again.

The issue you here is that I really liked the girl that I was speaking to and I am ashamed of myself. The reason she kicked off is because I had already got with my ex before and it was after this I had promised to stop talking to her.

Is their anyway that I can resolve this situation as I really like the girl I was speaking to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeLikeToParty)
    So basically I was speaking to this girl, I promised her not to speak to my ex, but ended up kissing my ex and Saturday. Now the other girl has told me not to text her again.

The issue you here is that I really liked the girl that I was speaking to and I am ashamed of myself. The reason she kicked off is because I had already got with my ex before and it was after this I had promised to stop talking to her.

Is their anyway that I can resolve this situation as I really like the girl I was speaking to?
    If you really liked this girl, then why did you kiss your ex girlfriend?

It's understandable that this girl probably now feels as if its over before it has even begun. You have broken her trust and at a very early stage in your relationship as well, this is going to knock the confidence she had in you.

Before thinking about how to get this girl back, perhaps you need to think about the reason why you did what you did? Do you still have feeling for your ex girlfriend? Could it still happen again? Things like that.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to bring the terrible excuse out again, but I was drunk. I had not spoke to my ex for near enough two weeks after I said I wouldn't and not once did I want to text her or call/skype her. I am not stupid enough to let it happen again as I do actually really like the girl I was speaking to and actually feel really guilty.

ReputationRep:
    As a girl, I wouldn't want to get romantically involved with you if i thought you still had feelings for an ex. There's history there and people often end up going back to their exes time and time again.

If you want to resolve this situation you're going to have to talk to the other girl in person. But you've already broken her trust twice so you're going to have to be very contrite.

ReputationRep:
    Nah she probably wont be interested. The question, "are they still hung up on their ex?"! crosses most people's minds when they start seeing someone new and you've just blown it by kissing her.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Not being harsh but I think you have blown it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Not being harsh but I think you have blown it now
    Thought that was the case..

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    You're out in the dog house now I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    You dun ****ed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeLikeToParty)
    I promised her not to speak to my ex, but ended up kissing my ex
    Don't make up some excuse or lie, it is very clear that you lack self discipline and that you lack respect for the girl. If you are that stupid and senseless when you are drunk then you shouldn't drink so much.

ReputationRep:
    AS much as i dont condone what you did, I dont think you have lost this girl.

I think you reallly need to apologise and explain that you were a fool.

But more importantly, you should ask yourself, why did you get with your ex? Do you still have feelings for her? Are you sure your ready to move on?

She is an ex for a reason, so you need to stop meddling and move on.

ReputationRep:
    The girl's not going to trust you if you've done it twice, understandable. She's going to feel like you're not entirely over her and probably likes you too much to be your rebound. Leave it a while and give her a heartfelt apology. If its going to work you have to take it slow and build up her trust again.

ReputationRep:
    Respect what she said and don't talk to her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.