Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

is there a list of apple student discounts? considering imac or macbook pro (what %) Watch

ReputationRep:
    do i have to order from the campus website (logged in)
    or can i go into the apple store and do it? (this is what i prefer)
    what would i need to show?
    is it the same level of discount?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikaeel)
    do i have to order from the campus website (logged in)
    or can i go into the apple store and do it? (this is what i prefer)
    what would i need to show?
    is it the same level of discount?

thanks
    Yes, as they check your ip.

I'm not sure........if it is then you need some sort of evidence from the uni, etc
    Discount is 15% I believe.

ReputationRep:
    All i did last year was ring up, and whilst i was on the phone to the man, i emailed him copies of my university acceptance letter and everything, and he approved it there and then!

ReputationRep:
    They're the same prices on the campus website and in store, but you get a 3-year manufacturers warranty if you buy online whereas only one-year if you buy in store.

The level of discount varies between models, I remember it's around 11% for the MBA and 15% for the MBP...
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Discount is about 14% across most Mac lines, and yes you can get it in-store with student ID or a uni acceptance letter. The key difference is that online orders from the student store come with free 3 year extended warranty, whereas buying in-store does not come with this, just severely discounted AppleCare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Discount is about 14% across most Mac lines, and yes you can get it in-store with student ID or a uni acceptance letter. The key difference is that online orders from the student store come with free 3 year extended warranty, whereas buying in-store does not come with this, just severely discounted AppleCare.
    I know this is a really old bump but I am just searching for some help as I want to buy a new laptop for uni.

i read that you get discount with the 15' one right? How much do you get knocked off?

ReputationRep:
    Sign up to UNiDAYS, and if you go onto the Apple store online through the UNiDAYS website you automatically get access to the apple education store.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.