Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your Forza 5 wishlist/expectations? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Forza is Xbox's marquee racing game and it's all but guaranteed that there'll be a fifth installment, Forza 5.

Forza 4 was released in 2011 and Horizon revealed not long after. It's because of the introduction of Horizon that's led me to believe that Forza 5 will be released as an Xbox 720(?) title and Horizon's main objective was to tide fans over and simultaneously win over more fans; a kill two birds with one stone situation.

That also means that we get better hardware to play with and therefore more outlandish requests

Here's a few of my expectations:

Better Physics engine:
    Forza's capabilities as a simulation have brought up mixed opinions, with some insisting that it's the best sim on console, to others insisting it's only a semi-sim. I'm not extremely experienced so I can't give a very accurate assessment, but here's something everyone can agree on: they can be improved. The next-gen Xbox will allow for more real-time calculations and hopefully the most authentic racing yet.

Weather:
    Weather racing has always been absent from Forza and it's something that I'd love to see finally implemented. I can just imagine racing through Nurburgring in a downpour, raindrops splattering the windshield and kicking up puddles as you take a sharp turn. I understood not adding it to Forza 4 because of hard-ware limitations and the need to re-do the physics model to accommodate rain, but after 4 (5 if you count Horizon) titles, it's about time we see the added elements.

Day/Night cycle:
    This was one absence that I didn't quite understand. Why no night racing? The best we were given was "twilight" on only 3 or so tracks, but that was no way near compensation for a lack of night racing. Forza also boasts endurance races, so I genuinely couldn't understand why the cycle couldn't at least be implemented in one of those?

More courses:
    This speaks for itself. I would love to see "open world" courses like the challenges they do on Top Gear, where you see Jeremy and co racing through Switzerland with three of the hottest Italian cars through long winding roads and picturesque mountainous backdrops. This may not be very viable for a race, but it'd still be pretty cool to be able to take your car on a spin.

Formula 1 cars

No Duplicate Cars

20 car races instead of 12

Track creator

More customisable body kit options

Rally racing with co-driver announcements

Improved (more realistic) AI

Improved graphics
    I tend to find myself in the minority when I ask for better graphics, but a simulation for me needs to look as true-to-life as possible, as well as play like it.

Don't price us out of buying cars
    I'm not a Forza fanatic. I like to race, but I don't want to spend hours doing laborious lap-runs to earn cash so I can buy a car I want. I've spent too many hours doing endurance races and other events to earn money and it often starts to feel like a chore. I know there is an option to literally "buy" the cars using Microsoft points, but at 240 pts a pop, no thankyou.

What do you guys think? What are the most important additions for you?

ReputationRep:
    The weather/day night cycle/more courses are the ones I care about most as they genuinely keep things interesting and shake things up a bit. At one point I intended on 100%ing Forza 3, but I just got so bored of doing the same tracks by the 60% point I just gave up, and because I was so burnt out I didn't even get Forza 4. I understand why this happens - it takes far longer to create a dynamic weather system and day night cycle than to add a few more cars in, but still, I think it'd be worth it.

Also I want to see more city tracks. I always had a blast driving around London and New York in Project Gotham and so on. Also some of the stuff from GT5 where they make everyone drive a ridiculous car (camper vans on the top gear test track) made for... a unique experience, rather than just choosing the fastest car in a given category for every race.

ReputationRep:
    More tracks.
    Full length class seasons.
    Practice, qualifying, race.

Basically Forza Toca.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich2606)
    x
    Totally agree about the courses. I've driven on everything so many times. (A small tip: try doing courses in reverse - it can add a little bit extra re-play value)

I'd love to have more influence from Top Gear-esque challenges and stuff, and the camper van challenge (and go-karting and the like) seem like good potential additions.

Also, are you saying that you've never played Forza 4?!

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    More tracks.
    Full length class seasons.
    Practice, qualifying, race.

Basically Forza Toca.
    By full length class seasons, do you mean entire seasons with one class? Like race a full season with only S class cars?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ras17)
    By full length class seasons, do you mean entire seasons with one class? Like race a full season with only S class cars?
    Like a proper championship with points counting toward an overall leaderboard. It'd give you rivals to beat over time and a little more to think about.

ReputationRep:
    I want them to bring it to ps3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Like a proper championship with points counting toward an overall leaderboard. It'd give you rivals to beat over time and a little more to think about.
    Ah I get you. You mean an F1-style leaderboard where first is 25pts, 2nd 18 etc etc? That's an awesome idea, and if I remember correctly from my GT days, there used to be mini events with point leaderboards. Would love to see that on a full-season scale.

(Original post by NuckingFut)
    I want them to bring it to ps3
    I could say the same for Gran Turismo! What would be incredible is if Polyphony and Turn 10 announced a partnership and we'd get a multi-platform GT-Forza hybrid. One can dream eh? :sad:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.