Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    So for my Student Finance, I need to send my birth certificate, along with a signed thingie to verify it's actually me etc. The list of who can sign it for me is quite long, but none of them listed quite refer to who I was going to ask - the manager of the charity shop I've worked at for like two years? Will that be ok?
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Skip,

    It doesn't sound as though we'll be able to accept your manager as a signatory.

    Please see below for the conditions required of the person who signs.

    Examples of acceptable countersignatures

    Please note, the person who countersigns your form must:
    • be a person of good standing in the community,
    • have known you for more than 2 years,
    • not be related to you (by birth or marriage), in a relationship with you or live at your address,
    • live in the UK, and
    • hold a British or Irish passport.

    Please note, unless specified, a countersignature must be from a professional who is working
    and has not retired.
    These are common examples of people you might know who can countersign your form:
    • Accountant
    • Bank or Building Society Official
    • Chairman/Director of a limited company
    • Civil servant (permanent)
    • Dentist
    • Director/Manager of a VAT-registered company
    • Engineer (with professional qualification)
    • Fire service official
    • Manager/Personnel officer of a limited
    • Medical Doctor (must know applicant
    • Minister of a recognised religion
    • Nurse (RGN and RMN or holder of a BA, BSc
    or Diploma in Nursing)
    • Officer of the Armed Services (active or retired)
    • Optician
    • Pharmacist
    • Police Officer
    • Post Office official
    • President/Secretary of a recognised
    • Social Worker
    • Solicitor
    • Teacher/Lecturer
    • Vet
    There are also lots of other professional people that could sign your form, for example:
    • Architect
    • Articled clerk of a limited company
    • Barrister
    • Chemist
    • Chiropodist
    • Christian Science practitioner
    • Director/Manager of a VAT-registered charity
    • Driving Instructor (approved)
    • Funeral Director
    • Journalist
    • Justice of the Peace
    • Local government officer
    • Member of Parliament
    • Merchant Navy officer
    • Paralegal (certified paralegal, qualified
    paralegal or associate member of the Institute
    of Paralegals)
    • Paramedic
    • Photographer (professional)
    • Personal License holder (formally known as a
    licensee of a public house only)
    • Prison/Probation Officer
    • Salvation Army Officer
    • Surveyor
    • Trade union officer
    • Travel Agent (qualified)
    • Warrant officers and Chief Petty Officers

    Hope this helps,
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.