Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why should society accept straight people? Watch

ReputationRep:
    First of all, I am not making this thread to attack anyone; It's just a thought that I'd like to share. A thought that propagates the notion of ostracizing groups in society, but of course no attack.

Why should Society accept Straight people when there is absolutely no scientific evidence that proves people are born Straight?

If you're someone that still wants to argue that people are born attracted to the opposite sex, despite there being no conclusive scientific evidence then, do you have a problem with people practicing incest? After all, people who practice incest also claim that they are biologically attracted to each other and they aren't doing anything unnatural.

Is there not a double standard here?

Maybe this is why incest is currently Legal in:

Portugal,Russia,Netherlands,Indi a,China,Turkey,Ivory Coast and just recently made illegal in France

What are your thoughts on this?

I'd also like to ask at this point what makes this alleged "student" forum any different from stormfront or the westboro bapist church at this point? It's just troll/hate thread about feminism/women after troll/hate thread about homosexuals, it is boring and sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Interactiveapple)
    First of all, I am not making this thread to attack anyone; It's just a thought that I'd like to share. A thought that propagates the notion of ostracizing groups in society, but of course no attack.

Why should Society accept Straight people when there is absolutely no scientific evidence that proves people are born Straight?

If you're someone that still wants to argue that people are born attracted to the opposite sex, despite there being no conclusive scientific evidence then, do you have a problem with people practicing incest? After all, people who practice incest also claim that they are biologically attracted to each other and they aren't doing anything unnatural.

Portugal,Russia,Netherlands,Indi a,China,Turkey,Ivory Coast and just recently made illegal in France

I'd also like to ask at this point what makes this alleged "student" forum any different from stormfront or the westboro bapist church at this point? It's just troll'hate thread about feminism/women after troll/hate thread homosexuals, it is boring and sad.

Most people are straight, so it is the accepted sexuality in society. I don't see how you can properly compare incest and homosexuality.

Also, this forum is different from those you mentioned, because most people have the common sense not to believe the idiotic OP in homophobic or misogynistic threads.

ReputationRep:
    Why should Society accept Gay people when there is absolutely no scientific evidence that proves people are born Gay?
    If you don't understand why society should accept people who aren't harming anyone then how about you educate yourself instead of flaunting your idiocy as if it has a point?

If you're someone that still wants to argue that people are born attracted to the same sex, despite there being no conclusive scientific evidence then,

There is conclusive evidence that genes are part in what you find sexually attractive amongst other things. Why difference does it make if you were born fancying blondes or you developed that? Should we accept you since you weren't born with that attraction?

do you have a problem with people practicing incest?
    What does incest have to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    Most people are straight, so it is the accepted sexuality in society. I don't see how you can properly compare incest and homosexuality.
    So should we not accept left handed people?

ReputationRep:
    So should we not accept left handed people?
    Actually, not that long ago, in some societies, being left-handed was bad, and these people were forced to learn to write with their weaker hand. Society accepts straight people because most of society is straight and sex between men and women is the only type that can lead to offspring, therefore it's obvious that any human society, no matter how basic or uneducated, would accept straight people.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't understand why society should accept people who aren't harming anyone then how about you educate yourself instead of flaunting your idiocy as if it has a point?

There is conclusive evidence that genes are part in what you find sexually attractive amongst other things. Why difference does it make if you were born fancying blondes or you developed that? Should we accept you since you weren't born with that attraction?

What does incest have to do with anything?

[/FONT][/COLOR]
    The heck...? :confused: Did you just reply to yourself...?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, not that long ago, in some societies, being left-handed was bad, and these people were forced to learn to write with their weaker hand. Society accepts straight people because most of society is straight and sex between men and women is the only type that can lead to offspring, therefore it's obvious that any human society, no matter how basic or uneducated, would accept straight people.
    This!

ReputationRep:
    Actually, not that long ago, in some societies, being left-handed was bad, and these people were forced to learn to write with their weaker hand.
    You are dodging the question. It wasn't has society it was SHOULD.

Society accepts straight people because most of society is straight and sex between men and women is the only type that can lead to offspring, therefore it's obvious that any human society, no matter how basic or uneducated, would accept straight people.
    Again, it was should. Should a society that has little resources and is overpopulated accept breeding? Not will it but should it.

ReputationRep:

Again, it was should. Should a society that has little resources and is overpopulated accept breeding?
    Should a society decide not to accept straight people and therefore end its own existence?

ReputationRep:

Again, it was should. Should a society that has little resources and is overpopulated accept breeding? Not will it but should it.
    Has little resources and is overpopulated? I think you'll find neither of those are correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    eghesr[0fge]saoifcsrdjh-]

Everyone is equal. That's why it should be accepted.

ReputationRep:
    Should a society decide not to accept straight people and therefore end its own existence?
    This!

OP claims there is no scientific evidence well if reproduction is not enough evidence for you and the fact we have make and females counter parts of each species I do not know what is really......

ReputationRep:
    I agree, what with all the overpopulation problem we have. Heterosexuality should not be tolerated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LewisG123)
    Has little resources and is overpopulated? I think you'll find neither of those are correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Overpopulation argument is BS greed and exploitation is the issue really......

ReputationRep:

There is no should or shouldn't. That... is for yourself to decide. Everybody is subject to their own opinion, there is no definite answer to your questions as there are plenty of arguments for both sides. It just depends on how you look at it.

And whether society accepts something or not of course doesn't mean something is "right" or "wrong".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah60000)
    This!

OP claims there is no scientific evidence well if reproduction is not enough evidence for you and the fact we have make and females counter parts of each species I do not know what is really......
    How does that prove you were born straight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah60000)
    Overpopulation argument is BS greed and exploitation is the issue really......
    I would partially agree, the problem is poor management, very unequal distribution and too much wastage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I'd also like to ask at this point what makes this alleged "student" forum any different from stormfront or the westboro bapist church at this point? It's just troll'hate thread about feminism/women after troll/hate thread homosexuals, it is boring and sad.

Heterosexuality clearly is instinctive given that we (everyone) exist, if you go back thousands of years our lesser selves who were less developed and didn't have anywhere near the same amount of thought processes instinctively mated with the opposite gender.

I would argue that everyone is born straight and that it is the environment (i.e how you interact with life) that decides whether you're straight or gay.

Incest is merely a subject of cultural norms, if we get all Freudian about it you could argue that son - mother relationships for example are perfectly normal and that it is only the fact that incest is not a cultural norm thats the reason for not being allowed.

But my argument is that there is no "biological attraction" people are merely a result of their environment.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need straight people to reproduce thanks to science Try again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom78)
    Heterosexuality clearly is instinctive given that we (everyone) exist, if you go back thousands of years our lesser selves who were less developed and didn't have anywhere near the same amount of thought processes instinctively mated with the opposite gender.
    People have also killed and being racist throughout history, were they born with that? It is not clearly just born with as there is no conclusive evidence for that, sexuality is a mixture of genetics and environment.

I would argue that everyone is born straight and that it is the environment (i.e how you interact with life) that decides whether you're straight or gay.
    Ok so how to I interact with life to be gay?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.