Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • Thread Starter

    Hi there,

    I have submitted my Student Finance application but, in my haste, noticed two errors which cannot now be rectified.

    The first is that I incorrectly put my parents as 'divorced' when only their first stage of divorce has gone through, and I therefore do not have the correct evidence (requires a decree absolute, and they only have a decree nisi). How do I rectify this?

    The second is that, when it summarised the money I would receive, there was no mention of a grant (it said 'amount applied for' and 'maximum amount you can receive' as nothing and N/A, respectfully. I am eligible to receive the maximum maintenance grant, so why has this not come up?

    Thanks for your time.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Hi Olliee,

    Don't worry this is easily rectified.

    We will require a copy of the Decree Nisi to be sent anyway so just pop a cover note on it stating that your parents are going through divorce proceedings but aren't actually divorced as yet.

    The reason that N/A is showing beside the maintenance grant is because we won't know how much you are actually entitled to until we've processed your application and your parent income information. If you hadn't actually applied for the grant you wouldn't be able to view the N/A as the summary would only show the loans.

    Hope this helps,
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.