The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Current Midwifery students help please!

Hi, I've just firmed Surrey as my choice for midwifery starting next year, but I'm just getting a little concerned about transport. Just wondering, in terms of getting to placement and stuff, is it necessary to have a car? Some people I spoke to at my interview made out I'd need a car, but as I'm 17, my insurance would be through the roof. If it's needed they I can pay it, but public transport seems like a more sensible option money-wise if it's practical.
Thanks
:smile:
Reply 1
I'm in exactly the same position as you! I was thinking a car might be a good idea as I don't think it would be easy trying to find public transport to take you to placements etc in the middle of the night if you were doing a night shift. I would just feel more comfortable in my own car instead of relying on buses all the time but I suppose it's up to you :smile: it just means that I would need accommodation that allowed me to park and as far as I can see that leaves me with Hazel Farm which is quite a way from the main campus... ahhh too many decisions!
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by AmberWood
Hi, I've just firmed Surrey as my choice for midwifery starting next year, but I'm just getting a little concerned about transport. Just wondering, in terms of getting to placement and stuff, is it necessary to have a car? Some people I spoke to at my interview made out I'd need a car, but as I'm 17, my insurance would be through the roof. If it's needed they I can pay it, but public transport seems like a more sensible option money-wise if it's practical.
Thanks
:smile:

Hey, do you know the list of where the placement hospitals are?

Quick Reply

Latest