Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I currently hold an offer for the Three Year Biomedical Science Degree course at Keele! Keele is my first choice of university and since going there I have totally fell in love with the place! It's just so beautiful and quiet The student union and the nightlife look pretty good too! My offer is BBB and my A-level predictions on UCAS are A* in EPQ: Biology A* in Photography B in Biology and C in Chemistry I also have a good background in Biomedical Science after completing a Nuffield Healthcare Placement where I worked in Immunology for a month writing a dissertation on Allergies which later won me a Gold Crest award by the British Science Association and a Nuffield Healthcare Award. On the applicant day I went and spoke to the admissions office and they said they do their best should students miss a grade... I'm fairly confident I will get my grades in EPQ, Photography and Biology however chemistry has always been a little extra trouble for myself and I am worried I might drop a grade. If any Biomed students are out there currently studying at Keele or any other Keele students for that matter I would like to know what your experiences with admissions and leniency on results day? Do I stand a good chance of getting in??

ReputationRep:
    From everyone i have talked to, a fair few of them got in even though they were 1 or 2 grades below what was asked of them . I know someone who got in with BCC when they needed BBB so it will be alright. Most universities in the current economic situation would take a student 1 or 2 below

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.