Turn on thread page Beta

Confusion over student loans etc watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've started filling out my form and I'm stuck.
    My dad is retired and get's an annual income of £12,000 of the company he set up etc. He also gets two pensions, one being an RAF pension and the other a civil service pension.

His gross annual income is £28,000 p.a however on both of the pensions he is taxed like 40%.

The loan company doesn't ask for the type of pensions or how much they are taxed.

He has to send off his P60 with it. Is this going to affect me in anyway?

I had kinda planned on getting my tution paid for because another grand on top of 5 grand for housing not to mention the amount of money for food etc it's going to be astronomical for only the first year.

My mum who's an accountant(self employed and doesn't make enough for it to be counted) says that as soon as his P60 comes through it should be ok because it brings our actual income after tax down to about £20,000. I don't trust her. Is she right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I've started filling out my form and I'm stuck.
    My dad is retired and get's an annual income of £12,000 of the company he set up etc. He also gets two pensions, one being an RAF pension and the other a civil service pension.

His gross annual income is £28,000 p.a however on both of the pensions he is taxed like 40%.

The loan company doesn't ask for the type of pensions or how much they are taxed.

He has to send off his P60 with it. Is this going to affect me in anyway?

I had kinda planned on getting my tution paid for because another grand on top of 5 grand for housing not to mention the amount of money for food etc it's going to be astronomical for only the first year.

My mum who's an accountant(self employed and doesn't make enough for it to be counted) says that as soon as his P60 comes through it should be ok because it brings our actual income after tax down to about £20,000. I don't trust her. Is she right?
    If the inland revenue forms are involved then the student loan will take tax into account- im sure you will be fine- just make sure you fill the form in correctly!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    If the inland revenue forms are involved then the student loan will take tax into account- im sure you will be fine- just make sure you fill the form in correctly!!
    Phew that's ok then! Thank you!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.