Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    To those of you studying International Relations, have you thought of a topic for your dissertation yet? Or for those of you doing them, what are they on? I can't think of anything that particularly interests me and would be good to see the kind of things other people are doing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smutty)
    To those of you studying International Relations, have you thought of a topic for your dissertation yet? Or for those of you doing them, what are they on? I can't think of anything that particularly interests me and would be good to see the kind of things other people are doing
    Currently writing the Soviet motivations for their invasion of Afghanistan (1979) - Ideology vs Realpolitik.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 321zero)
    Currently writing the Soviet motivations for their invasion of Afghanistan (1979) - Ideology vs Realpolitik.
    Ooh that sounds very interesting, how're you finding it?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh that sounds very interesting, how're you finding it?
    I would suggest Soviet invasion of Afghanistan or Czechoslovakia. There is so much written about the Politburo. If you do use this, contact me for some sources.

ReputationRep:
    I had no clue what I'd do mine on so I've decided against one.

ReputationRep:
    Have you not found any of your classes interesting? None of the topics you've covered interest you? I did my undergrad dissertation on statelessness because it was the topic that I found most fascinating in the human rights class that I took. The great thing about the undergrad dissertation is that you don't have to do anything original - which makes the choice so much easier.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.