Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

is my boyfriend neglecting me? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive been with my booyfriend over a year aesthetically our relationship is perfect we get on well we enjoy being with each other but deep down im really unhappy. However I know i'd be so happy if my boyfriend could just change a little bit. I do love him for who he is but recently ive been feeling very negelcted.
    Ive noticed ive started to compare my relationship to others and feel like im doing something wrong as everybody else appears to have such loving caring boyfriends and I dont feel I do.

On saturday we met up with his best friend and his new girlfriend, his friend has only been with this girl 4 months yet worshipps her. It shocked me that she was talking about all the times she had met my boyfriend and his friends atleast 10 times in 4 months ive met them twice in a year and a half. She knew more about my boyfriend than I did stuff like 'oh I heard about when you did this last weekend' 'I heard about that party you went too' I constantly ask my boyfriend how his nights out are he just says fine

This girl and her boyfriend see each other 3 times a week and he stays over 2 times a week my boyfriend refuses to see me even once a week saying we need our own lives which we do but he onnly sees me every other week and even then he turns up at 8pm we go for dinner go to bed he gets up and leaves, I wish he'd come for the day and night. Everyother couple seems to do dates or days out we do nothing we've never spent the day togteher we've never gone places, ive asked till im blue in the face ive booked theatre shows that he cancelled ive asked to go to london to go to the local safari park all of which he states he is to busy.

He constantly cancels on me to see his friends while all his friends with girlfirends leave early to see them he stays out both friday and saturday. He has said he loves me once while drunk, he 'forgets' to kiss me our sex life use to be good but now its crap he literally rolls me over does the deed and goes to sleep he doesnt kiss me or touch me and it makes me feel like a ugly troll

We booked a spa weekend for 3 day and he told me he doesnt want to waste his holiday on it as something better may come up so we cant go till 8pm after his work and have to leave at 7am to get back in time for his work.

I dont know if im over reacitng but we are fighitng constantly becuase I just want him to show me he actually gives a **** but I dont know if im the problem
    Ordinarily im against jumping on the dump him right now white knight tot he rescue posts but in this case (and especially your second post)........................you r boyfriends a loser and doesnt care about you. You are NOT the problem he is.

hun i think you should get rid

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a knob'ed. Just tell him how you feel and if he continues to act like the way he is then end it.

ReputationRep:
    To cut the story short, my boyfriend juust doesnt seem to care about me and I think our sex life proves this. Everything is about him im supposed to touch him to foreplay on him and I get nothing, I dont even mind this becuase to be honest I get no pleasure out of sex and he does. However now he wont even kiss me he hasnt kissed me for months, he wont touch me and just without being vulgar sticks it in when im completly dry although he can tell it hurts. He does stuff he finds funny such as pushing it in to far when I say it hurts he holds me down and pushes it in further thinking its really funny when im feeling like my insides are being ripped apart.

I just want him to kiss me and make me feel wanted he never use to be like this he use to be so kind and caring but now its all about him i dont really know what to do
    RASSKLARRRRTTTTT!

Dump this fool ASAP! That is just so ****ing disrespectful

ReputationRep:
    Dump him with immediate effect, this is an open-and-shut case.

ReputationRep:
    No he isn't. You're too needy.

ReputationRep:
    Don't initiate some kind of talk of change with him. He doesn't deserve that at this point and he will only use it as an opportunity to a) make you feel bad and/or b) dump you first. Just dump him. As heartlessly as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you with him???

ReputationRep:
    Ive been with my booyfriend over a year aesthetically our relationship is perfect we get on well we enjoy being with each other but deep down im really unhappy. However I know i'd be so happy if my boyfriend could just change a little bit. I do love him for who he is but recently ive been feeling very negelcted.
    Ive noticed ive started to compare my relationship to others and feel like im doing something wrong as everybody else appears to have such loving caring boyfriends and I dont feel I do.

On saturday we met up with his best friend and his new girlfriend, his friend has only been with this girl 4 months yet worshipps her. It shocked me that she was talking about all the times she had met my boyfriend and his friends atleast 10 times in 4 months ive met them twice in a year and a half. She knew more about my boyfriend than I did stuff like 'oh I heard about when you did this last weekend' 'I heard about that party you went too' I constantly ask my boyfriend how his nights out are he just says fine

This girl and her boyfriend see each other 3 times a week and he stays over 2 times a week my boyfriend refuses to see me even once a week saying we need our own lives which we do but he onnly sees me every other week and even then he turns up at 8pm we go for dinner go to bed he gets up and leaves, I wish he'd come for the day and night. Everyother couple seems to do dates or days out we do nothing we've never spent the day togteher we've never gone places, ive asked till im blue in the face ive booked theatre shows that he cancelled ive asked to go to london to go to the local safari park all of which he states he is to busy.

He constantly cancels on me to see his friends while all his friends with girlfirends leave early to see them he stays out both friday and saturday. He has said he loves me once while drunk, he 'forgets' to kiss me our sex life use to be good but now its crap he literally rolls me over does the deed and goes to sleep he doesnt kiss me or touch me and it makes me feel like a ugly troll

We booked a spa weekend for 3 day and he told me he doesnt want to waste his holiday on it as something better may come up so we cant go till 8pm after his work and have to leave at 7am to get back in time for his work.

I dont know if im over reacitng but we are fighitng constantly becuase I just want him to show me he actually gives a **** but I dont know if im the problem
    Get rid of him. Go get someone else.

ReputationRep:
    To cut the story short, my boyfriend juust doesnt seem to care about me and I think our sex life proves this. Everything is about him im supposed to touch him to foreplay on him and I get nothing, I dont even mind this becuase to be honest I get no pleasure out of sex and he does. However now he wont even kiss me he hasnt kissed me for months, he wont touch me and just without being vulgar sticks it in when im completly dry although he can tell it hurts. He does stuff he finds funny such as pushing it in to far when I say it hurts he holds me down and pushes it in further thinking its really funny when im feeling like my insides are being ripped apart.
    This sounds like rape.

No one who actually cares about you would do this. Leave him, he does not deserve you, obviously doesn't care about you and is making you question your self-worth. That is not how a relationship should be.

ReputationRep:
    He is not just neglecting you he is abusing you. Emotionally and sexually. This is NOT a healthy relationship and I urge you to get out of it.

ReputationRep:
    I've always wondered how people stay in relationships which are obviously detrimental to their wellbeing aka abusive. This kind of illustrates the point as to how easy they are to get sucked into and trapped... Feel very sorry for you OP .

ReputationRep:

The ****?? He treats you like ****, get rid I'm surprised you see neglect rather than emotional/physical abuse!!!

This is not a "relationship" and he is not a boyfriend judging by the content of the first post. By the content of the second, it is even worse than that. Stop seeing him. Now. Being alone is better than hanging around waiting for this creep to find 5 minutes to sleep with you, and being alone gives you the space to find a decent guy.

ReputationRep:
    Dump the douche! Immediately. You deserve someone better. Your life will be way better without him. How can you put up with someone as messed up as this psycho? He clearly does not give a ratsass about you, which is sad. Please, we on TSR begged you to do the right thing and dump his ass. He clearly doesn't deserve you. I wish I had someone book tickets to go places or someone who'd kiss me, rather than screw me dry or "forget" to kiss me. What kinda bs excuse if forgetting to kiss your partner? Get rid of him. Show him you aren't just someone he can toy around with. You will be down for a couple of days (hopefully not cause he is such a douche and you dont need to be) but it is for the best. Enough of the explaining to him cause it is clearly not getting through his thick skull. You really really should leave him be. I really wish you would. Keep us updated!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.