Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

anon please friends on here know my mum and don't want it getting out...

sorry but just a rant.

I feel so fed up.

my mother just always makes me feel so fat.

today, I had to go down to her and dad to ask for some money (ive been using a free music editing software for media n found out they scammed me a lil n I had to buy the product).

she asks me why I cant afford it, and I say I only have 40 pounds in my account (the price was 30 pounds!!) and I just don't feel that 10 pounds in there would be enough for emergency money.

she then said "well I gave you 20 pounds the other day"

I said "well I went... uh... shopping... today" (in other words, I went to go buy her and dad an easter egg and also these sugar mice I thought she would like. dad knows this"

she says "well why don't you stop going out and spending money on food and youll have so much more money to spare"

now that hurt. ALOT.

my money currently consists of giving mum n dad 100 quid a month, which is my paycheque pretty much, for car insurance. if I do overtime (which I can hardly do because of exams as I need to get AAB) then that's the money I can spend.

I NEVER SPEND IT ON FOOD.

I mean I know im fat. ok? im 5"2 or so and 9.5 stone. I know im fat. but she makes me feel worse.

dad looked at her abit astonished too.

it just feels like theres another teenager in the house!! she always says that to me, I cant take it

if I get to uni I just can't wait.

ugh.

Running away to university solves nothing. I thought moving to student accomodation would make me feel better about my family but truth is the problems are still there. Student accomomodation only reminds you of this, when your flat mates are excited to go home to spent time with their family or when there telling you about times back home...

Your better off just talking to your mum about it now and telling her how unhappy it makes you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.