The Student Room Group

Accepting BBB instead of ABB

I've had an offer from the two, ABB for Reading and BBB for Swansea, to study BA Business Economics. I'm stuck on whether to firm Reading even though I'm not that confident on me getting an A in the summer. Are Reading likely to still accept me if I only get BBB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
If you're happy for either but prefer Reading surely this is what a firm and insurance is for. If you gett your ABB well done you're going to Reading, if you get BBB then you may still get in to Reading but of not then it's not the end of the world as Swansea is only your second choice (and as a city a pretty good choice tbh, I know very little about the uni/course though)
Original post by TP8
I've had an offer from the two, ABB for Reading and BBB for Swansea, to study BA Business Economics. I'm stuck on whether to firm Reading even though I'm not that confident on me getting an A in the summer. Are Reading likely to still accept me if I only get BBB?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no way to know. It depends on if they have any places, how close you were to meeting your offer, etc. One thing I would point out is that unis get funding for an unlimited number of students who achieve at least ABB, but if you get lower than that then you count towards their limited pot of funding. If you drop from ABB to BBB then it weakens your position more significantly than for someone who went from AAA to AAB or BBB to BBC, for example.

Ultimately that doesn't change the advice I'd give you though - put the uni you like most as your firm choice.
Reply 3
TP8
OP
thanks for the tip. why is the drop from ABB to BBB more significant than AAA to AAB?
Original post by TP8
thanks for the tip. why is the drop from ABB to BBB more significant than AAA to AAB?

Because universities don't have any limit on how many students they get funding for who got at least ABB, whereas if you get BBB or lower, you count towards their limited pool of funding.
Reply 5
TP8
OP
thanks. i think i'll differ them and take a gap year. do you know of any good websites for jobs/courses by any chance especially for finance/ business jobs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending