Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi, could anyone help me out with some of the questions I have?

Do we get hot water all the time at the Uni accommodation?
    Are we allowed to dry clothes in our rooms?
    do the rooms have radiators?
    do we get unlimited electricity usage in out rooms?

thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    Where are you applying?

I lived in Roscoe and Gladstone in my first year at Greenbank and from my personal experience

1) Yes, I got hot water all the time
    2) Yes, you are. They understand not everyone can afford the dryers. We had a small drying room as well but you could put your clothes in your room.
    3) Yes. Some people had big radiators, some didn't. Mine wasn't that big but it wasn't always cold. If you want, you could get an electrical heater but I think that might not be allowed as it could be a fire hazard.
    4) Yes, I think you do. I just used electricity like normal, maybe slightly more than I would have at home and I didn't have any problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claret_n_blue)
    Where are you applying?

I lived in Roscoe and Gladstone in my first year at Greenbank and from my personal experience

1) Yes, I got hot water all the time
    2) Yes, you are. They understand not everyone can afford the dryers. We had a small drying room as well but you could put your clothes in your room.
    3) Yes. Some people had big radiators, some didn't. Mine wasn't that big but it wasn't always cold. If you want, you could get an electrical heater but I think that might not be allowed as it could be a fire hazard.
    4) Yes, I think you do. I just used electricity like normal, maybe slightly more than I would have at home and I didn't have any problems.
    Thanks for your reply
    yeah im looking at the ones at Greenbank and vine court.

Do you have to leave during holidays, such as Christmas?

ReputationRep:
    How often do you get room inspections?
    and what do they look for? and are they surprise inspections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apple1992)
    Thanks for your reply
    yeah im looking at the ones at Greenbank and vine court.

Do you have to leave during holidays, such as Christmas?
    I can't say for Vine Court as that's new. This year is its first year of opening.

Yes, I think you do have to leave. Or if you're in catered (like I was) then they don't cook food and you can't really make anything in your "kitchens" as all you get is a toaster, kettle and microwave, so nothing healthy.

How often do you get room inspections?
    and what do they look for? and are they surprise inspections?
    Ermm, I think there was only 1, sometime in the first semester I think. Nothing really, they just want to make sure room is tidy, no damages, you get a sink so make sure that's clean, and everything else is just being kept in line with their regulations. So you don't have things like candles and fairy lights and whatever else they have said. I think you know roughly what week the inspection will be in but not what day. I can't remember exactly if its a 100% surprise one or not.

Hope this is helping by the way. Ask as many questions as you need I was like you when looking so it's nice having someone to tell you things.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say for Vine Court as that's new. This year is its first year of opening.

Yes, I think you do have to leave. Or if you're in catered (like I was) then they don't cook food and you can't really make anything in your "kitchens" as all you get is a toaster, kettle and microwave, so nothing healthy.

Ermm, I think there was only 1, sometime in the first semester I think. Nothing really, they just want to make sure room is tidy, no damages, you get a sink so make sure that's clean, and everything else is just being kept in line with their regulations. So you don't have things like candles and fairy lights and whatever else they have said. I think you know roughly what week the inspection will be in but not what day. I can't remember exactly if its a 100% surprise one or not.

Hope this is helping by the way. Ask as many questions as you need I was like you when looking so it's nice having someone to tell you things.

thanks you my friend this is really helpful.

when you leave for the holidays can you leave your possessions behind?

ReputationRep:
    thanks you my friend this is really helpful.

when you leave for the holidays can you leave your possessions behind?
    Again, can't say for Vine Court, but and Greenbank that was fine. Make sure you look your door lol. I think they want you to hand the keys back in aswell, but yeah, you can leave your stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Again, can't say for Vine Court, but and Greenbank that was fine. Make sure you look your door lol. I think they want you to hand the keys back in aswell, but yeah, you can leave your stuff.
    oh ok, thanks for all the answers, I appreciate it

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.