Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay I'm really starting to freak out bc my htc one s won't charge properly, I've tested two charges and the same problem seems to be occurring. I noticed that on my kindle charger which I usually use to charge my phone one of the sides is slightly larger than the other. When I do charge my phone the charger has to be held at a certain angle then it works fine.

Okay so I was basically wondering is this something I should be worried about or should I get it checked out? I've had my phone five months now and my contract doesn't end until next October. Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Under warranty. Get it repaired.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah as the other guy said send it for repair if you can -maybe try a different charger?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purplesmurf)
    Yeah as the other guy said send it for repair if you can -maybe try a different charger?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's working now my mum bought a new htc charger but I'm not really sure why it wouldn't work with the other two :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because there was a issue with the connection in the wire or because your phone realised they weren't genuine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinM)
    Okay I'm really starting to freak out bc my htc one s won't charge properly, I've tested two charges and the same problem seems to be occurring. I noticed that on my kindle charger which I usually use to charge my phone one of the sides is slightly larger than the other. When I do charge my phone the charger has to be held at a certain angle then it works fine.

Okay so I was basically wondering is this something I should be worried about or should I get it checked out? I've had my phone five months now and my contract doesn't end until next October. Please help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The same thing happened to me as well, I just use my brother's Sony charger or my dads Samsung charger and it seems to work perfectly, whereas my genuine HTC charger hardly charges, and if it does, it charges through 'USB' connection instead of 'AC'.

Can I also ask what network you are currently on? Sorry if it sounds weird, I'm just having trouble connecting to a 3G network with T-Mobile and I was wondering whether it was the same with other HTC One S users.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    The same thing happened to me as well, I just use my brother's Sony charger or my dads Samsung charger and it seems to work perfectly, whereas my genuine HTC charger hardly charges, and if it does, it charges through 'USB' connection instead of 'AC'.

Can I also ask what network you are currently on? Sorry if it sounds weird, I'm just having trouble connecting to a 3G network with T-Mobile and I was wondering whether it was the same with other HTC One S users.
    Sorry I took so long to reply but it turns out there was something with usb port bc it just stopped charging full stop, it wasn't water damage or anything bc the handset itself was working fine...anywho I was going to send it back to 3 but my stepdad lost it so I don't have a phone for the next 18 months which is great. :'(

ReputationRep:
    Oh that really sucks I never let my parents have my phone ( I now pay my own contract)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TinM)
    Sorry I took so long to reply but it turns out there was something with usb port bc it just stopped charging full stop, it wasn't water damage or anything bc the handset itself was working fine...anywho I was going to send it back to 3 but my stepdad lost it so I don't have a phone for the next 18 months which is great. :'(
    It sounded like there was a fault with the micro USB connector and the way it was connected to the phones motherboard. The soldering inside holding it to the circuitry can come away if you're rough with it or just over time.

I hope you find your phone, not having one sucks. Could you not get a cheap £10/£15 replacement from Tesco or Argos as a temporary solution?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.