Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OMG HELP! I am so stressed Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 11 and finish school in a couple of months, I wasn't really prepared for the work load that has confronted me. Media is a total fail I hate it, we were writing our practical production evaluation and after 150 words I hit a writers block. The same in Retail Business writers block. I just keep getting stressed and stuck on what to write!

I get depressed so much with the exams, coursework deadlines etc.

Please help

ReputationRep:
    You should speak to your teachers.

Also, timetable, prioritise most important subjects closer to the time, remember why you are doing GCSEs - Alevels. They can be stressful, but you will manage.

Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    I can hardly sleep at night.

I hope to god that the A Levels are less stressful. What the hell am I going to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blenky)
    I am in year 11 and finish school in a couple of months, I wasn't really prepared for the work load that has confronted me. Media is a total fail I hate it, we were writing our practical production evaluation and after 150 words I hit a writers block. The same in Retail Business writers block. I just keep getting stressed and stuck on what to write!

Please help
    I kinda saw this post tagged as GCSE and came to laugh. But nonetheless, maybe ask your teachers for an extension or some help on the coursework? If not then maybe ace your exams and focus entirely on them? Do lots of past papers for your respective exams and you should be fine!

ReputationRep:

I hope to god that the A Levels are less stressful. What the hell am I going to do
    Oh A levels are really going to surprise you. You definitely will have to keep up next year.

ReputationRep:

A levels:badger::badger::badger:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    Oh A levels are really going to surprise you. You definitely will have to keep up next year.
    Great. I can't wait.

I need to pull myself together and sort this **** out.

ReputationRep:
    Great. I can't wait.

I need to pull myself together and sort this **** out.
    If you don't leave things to last minute, you won't have to stress during A-levels. Don't worry, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Wait until you get to A-level. Then you'll know the true meaning of 'stress'.

ReputationRep:
    Do you enjoy the subjects you're doing?

A-levels are stressful due to workload, but they are more in-depth and I found them more enjoyable because of that.

If sleeping continues to be a problem, do you have a GP you could speak to? For obvious reasons its good to have a good night's sleep so you can focus the next morning and feel less stressed.

Btw, I know where you're coming from. Maybe take a few days out, so when you come back to your work you can refocus your mind?

Write out everything you need to do, then write out the days you want to do work on, then somehow incorporate this into a revision timetable. Try to make it manageable, otherwise you won't do any work and it will get worse!

Remember there are only a few months left, then you're free for a few months. Have something to look forward to - a holiday, gift, outing with family or friends. Also "reward" yourself every week on the condition that you did some work.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, I wasn't 'prepared' for the workload which has led to stress. When I get to A Level I will make sure that I am organised to hell...

I should learn by my mistakes.

Thanks to you all for your advice

ReputationRep:
    It's funny how people say that gcses are nothing to be stressed about, when they were probably just as stressed at the time. I'm also under too much pressure and have been advised to take breaks quite regularly so that I don't over-stress.

ReputationRep:
    For real don't stress too much. No-one really knows what to expect from A levels, it's different for everyone and people deal with it in different ways. Personally I was BEYOND SHOCKED, but I survived first year and hard work means hopefully I will do well this year to! BEST OF LUCK

ReputationRep:
    I definitely think I need to come up with a timetable with only 38 School days left I need t make good use of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yasmin54)
    A levels:badger::badger::badger:
    aaaaaaand il second that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Wait until you get to A-level. Then you'll know the true meaning of 'stress'.
    True dat.

ReputationRep:

X-D hahaha 'a levels' and 'less stressful' do not og in the same sentence...oh wait u were serious?!

For serious, OP, I was in a similar positiont ot you last year. What you need to do is work hard, get your head down and just push yourself. You'll burn out after exams, but you'll make a surprsingly quick recovery. Of course, talk to your teachers, and maybe don't sart really killing urself with revision until after easter?

ReputationRep:
    Don't do A Levels.
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Please help
    Hey,

It's natural to feel stressed when you have so many exams/so much work. :sadnod: I remember when I did my GCSEs last year, I also got very stressed and worried about them and thought that I'd never manage to do well. But I did manage to do decently. Just try your best and try to stay positive (easier said than done, I know! ) - they will be over soon and usually you do far better in these things than you think you will. :yep:

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosaknows)
    It's funny how people say that gcses are nothing to be stressed about, when they were probably just as stressed at the time. I'm also under too much pressure and have been advised to take breaks quite regularly so that I don't over-stress.
    Think as it like so:
    You walk on some hot coals, to then quickly step off into a pool of water. At the time it stings and you scream in pain. Now think of been thrown in a fire. When you are in the fire you feel resentment that those on the coals are moaning.

Make the most of GCSEs, just remember information and regurgitate it in the exam.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.