Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am currently getting U's in my A level Maths and Further maths mock tests and I've had my wake up call now but I'm scared that time has run out.. My first exam for c1 and fp1 is on the 13th of may .. help?

ReputationRep:
    It defo hasn't! Just try and start revising now, little bits here and there building up till the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    advice - examsolutions.com

ReputationRep:
    Of course not. Quality over quantity!

ReputationRep:
    It is never too late to knuckle down. Advice from my Nana haha, :-)
    I struggled to initially.
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl95)
    I am currently getting U's in my A level Maths and Further maths mock tests and I've had my wake up call now but I'm scared that time has run out.. My first exam for c1 and fp1 is on the 13th of may .. help?
    For C1, if you just do all the past papers during the first week of your Easter break, you should be fine for that. Then focus on FP1 for the other week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    advice - examsolutions.com
    examsolutions.net

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar position as you this time last year, all I'd recommend is make sure you go back to the basic ideas/concepts and make sure you understand those 100% first before trying to past papers otherwise you'll keep getting disappointed with the same score.

Create a strict timetable -> Understand the basics -> Past papers -> learn from your mistakes/go back to the book on the chapter you keep getting wrong -> repeat

ReputationRep:
    THANK YOU ALL Just gave me some hope going to go make a time table now and do some c1 revision

ReputationRep:
    I find timetables don't help at all, because you can't predict how long each thing will take.

Think of it this way, if you do 3 hours of maths each day from now to the exams, you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    It's too early if anything. Chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    I was in a similar position as you this time last year, all I'd recommend is make sure you go back to the basic ideas/concepts and make sure you understand those 100% first before trying to past papers otherwise you'll keep getting disappointed with the same score.

Create a strict timetable -> Understand the basics -> Past papers -> learn from your mistakes/go back to the book on the chapter you keep getting wrong -> repeat
    This is very good advice.

It's never too late to start working hard! If you do as much as you can without slacking off before the exams I'm sure you can pull off As in all your modules! Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homeboy Hotel)
    Understand the basics -> Past papers -> learn from your mistakes/go back to the book on the chapter you keep getting wrong -> repeat

How should I revise for my sciences ? Because all I have is a text book. I hate Easter holidays, because you end up spending two weeks doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    How should I revise for my sciences ? Because all I have is a text book. I hate Easter holidays, because you end up spending two weeks doing nothing.
    Well make sure you don't spend two weeks doing nothing!

So take one of your sciences:
    - Use your textbook to break revision down into the sub-topics in the book
    - Make some notes / post it notes / spider diagram (my favourite) on those topics with timely breaks in between. (Perhaps switch sciences every hour or so)
    - Also, make sure you know the key words /terms /formulas you need to use (post it notes?)

Then once you're happy you've gone through enough content, then tackle a past paper.

Don't kid yourself trying to do a past paper with the mark scheme on a separate tab and flicking in between, do it strict (printed off, timed, quiet area) so you know exactly where you are at and where your weaknesses are.

The score may be ugly or beautiful, but some solid productive revision solves that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomupcraft)
    examsolutions.net
    It's good I agree but takes up far too much time, I wouldn't use it for c1 and only through topics you get stuck on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay-Z)
    It's good I agree but takes up far too much time, I wouldn't use it for c1 and only through topics you get stuck on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah, that's how I use it if I need to understand a topic a little bit more. However I am using it a lot over Easter to learn the rest of the syllabus as we have not yet finished C4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girl95)
    If you getting U's you might want to consider dropping the subject if your on your first year of A-levels. Revision will boost your grades to a D or C but thats not great UCAS point wise.

However if you really want to keep doing the subject then no, revision is never too late. Three have been times ive forgotten loads of info, but that crash course revision a couple of nights before prevented my paper being a blank sheet with questions on it.

Get the books and notes out, get revising now!!!

ReputationRep:
    Never too late!

You have a month and a half to knuckle down, I have 2nd year exams and I haven't even really started 0.o

ReputationRep:
    Whether it is or it isn't, you can't change the fact you haven't started yet, so you may as well knuckle down now and hope for the best.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.