Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello,

I have been dating a girl for 8 months now, and I really like her. Our sex life has been somewhat limited and a little awkward.

However, I have on occasion been pleasuring myself to my ex girlfriend. I have no emotional connection to her whatsoever, it just seems to be something I have difficulty controlling.

I don't want to be doing this, and I feel really guilty when I do. I feel like I don't deserve to be with my gf because of this. Am I being rational?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You don't deserve to be with her. That's not normal at all, show ur gf a litttle respect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    As in having a fantasy of someone other than your current partner while masturbating? That's totally normal! Other people do not have to know what you're thinking about when you masturbate (or, if you don't want to tell them, when you're having partner sex).

It is making you feel guilty, so try not to beat yourself up about it, just go 'Oh' when it happens and switch fantasy to something else.

Thanks for the response. So it's not something I should end the relationship over?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No. Have a look at Nancy Friday's books on sexual fantasies to see what some other people think about. Both male and female, it can get wild inside people's heads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamNatasha)
    You don't deserve to be with her. That's not normal at all, show ur gf a litttle respect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh please. Talk about an over reaction.

Its a fantasy OP, people fantasise over all kinds of things

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.