Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hello, I am originally from India. When i used to be 14, 15 years old, people never gave me any compliments on my appearance. But now everyone is suddenly saying that I am very pretty. I don't know what has changed much--- but now I do wear some eyeliner and lipgloss (unlike before). But that is it---nothing more. Do u think girls get more good looking when then hit 16/ 17 years old etc? A few days ago, I met up with a frnd from India (I am seeing her after a long 2 years) and she said I looked old! Do you think all these other people (white ethincity) are complimenting me simply because they like my skin colour which is a bit olive ?

any comments/ personal experiences would be really useful and helpful here! thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello, I am originally from India. When i used to be 14, 15 years old, people never gave me any compliments on my appearance. But now everyone is suddenly saying that I am very pretty. I don't know what has changed much--- but now I do wear some eyeliner and lipgloss (unlike before). But that is it---nothing more. Do u think girls get more good looking when then hit 16/ 17 years old etc? A few days ago, I met up with a frnd from India (I am seeing her after a long 2 years) and she said I looked old! Do you think all these other people (white ethincity) are complimenting me simply because they like my skin colour which is a bit olive ?

any comments/ personal experiences would be really useful and helpful here! thanks!
    Yeah, I used to be pretty ugly when I was a kid. No joke, I mean.. I was pretty bad looking.

I now like to think that the tables have turned at 19 :danceboy:

Or maybe thats just me deluding myself.. :colonhash:

ReputationRep:
    we were discussing this the other day at uni. Some girls suffer from "ugly duckling syndrome" they wont be that pretty as a child then they'll hit a certain age and you'll suddenly notice them and just think "wow!" these hot girls usually have a good personality too because they've had to rely on it for their whole lives.

Those girls who are pretty from a young age and get by on their looks through the teenage years are normally *****es and by their mid 20s they begin to fade as their bodies become "used up" and they are left both horrible and ugly.

That's my theory anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue n white army)
    Those girls who are pretty from a young age and get by on their looks through the teenage years are normally *****es and by their mid 20s they begin to fade as their bodies become "used up" and they are left both horrible and ugly.

That's my theory anyway
    Someone's bitter...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llessur123)
    Someone's bitter...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha sounds that way doesn't :P

Not the case, i was just thinking back to all the hot girls i used to check out in year 11 and sixth form and now most of them have gone down a very steep hill looks wise.

ReputationRep:
    Do you look like this girl:

Name:  Hot_indian_girls_in_bra_and_panties_014-717177.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  37.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Eyeliner and make up can make a huge difference, and you can change alot in those years in my opinion, though not always true. (My mum would call it blossoming ;-) )

Perhaps your skin colour is a factor, if you're in a mainly white area, it's a novelty and makes you stand out - in a good way it seems :-)

No picture no proof.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you are pretty, but I do think that around 16/17 girls become much more pretty, thats what happened with my friends and I, well I'm not being cocky and saying I'm pretty, but i'm better than I was at 14/15, I was unconfident and between a kid and a teenager then, I definitely think that by 16/17 girls get much more pretty
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah, as blue n white army was saying, you just get some girls that don't look amazing and yet when they hit a certain age, you think to yourself, 'dayummm'.

haha

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion everyone is pretty, but yeah sure we all feel **** most of the time, especially girls. But trust me don't get too hard on yourself cause it could end pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be a fairly common thing that "ugly"/ goofy/ average teens get hotter when they're older, and the kids who looked really good in their pre-teens and teens go downhill.

I used to be fairly average (and very goofy when I was younger) and I was certainly a very late bloomer, and I ended up changing a lot when I hit 19ish and think I look a bit better.

Maybe the make-up you're wearing is accentuating the good ways in which you've changed.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.