Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gutted about university rejection. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I saw "unsuccessful" and my heart just sank. I really wanted to go to this university. I can't explain how gutted I am. I'm not even upset about going to one of the universities I got into...it's just being rejected by my "favorite". :cry2:. All those years hoping, working so hard, only for it to come to this.

Yeah this thread is sort of pointless, but I felt the need to post it somewhere

ReputationRep:
    Re-apply if it means that much to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)
    I saw "unsuccessful" and my heart just sank. I really wanted to go to this university. I can't explain how gutted I am. I'm not even upset about going to one of the universities I got into...it's just being rejected by my "favorite". :cry2:. All those years hoping, working so hard, only for it to come to this.

at least your family won't be upset with you for breaking the oxford family tradition by going to cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuy117)

:console:
    I know how you feel man. I got rejected after the interview at a university I had always wanted to go to..

As long as you have another university to go to, which is still reputable you're all good.
    Channel the disappointment you feel into improving yourself. Request feedback. See where you went 'wrong' and use it.

The feedback I got from the university I've channeled into motivating myself to do even better in my A2 exams. :dumbells:

There's always postgrad aswell. Don't give up. You determine your own success.x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amineamine2)
    at least your family won't be upset with you for breaking the oxford family tradition by going to cambridge?
    LOL, even worse, I broke the Cambridge family tradition to go to Kings :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    :console:

It gets better eventually, I promise.

You'll go to another university, and it'll be great and you'll realise that you DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO GO TO UCL ANYWAY ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

Srsly though, it feels awful now, but it will go away eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordVoldemort1)
    LOL, even worse, I broke the Cambridge family tradition to go to Kings :ahee:
    LOL ahah that made me laugh, the way you wrote it.
    No but King's is a world-leading institution and has that 'wow' factor too, I'm sure your family is proud of you.

ReputationRep:
    LOL ahah that made me laugh, the way you wrote it.
    No but King's is a world-leading institution and has that 'wow' factor too, I'm sure your family is proud of you.
    I got told to choose Leeds met instead cuz its closer to home.. No joke

May also be disowned soon.. :curious:

ReputationRep:
    I got told to choose Leeds met instead cuz its closer to home.. No joke

May also be disowned soon.. :curious:
    Well your family is certainly hard to please. Though satisfying those DEE offers would have impressed them, ay?

ReputationRep:
    Well your family is certainly hard to please. Though satisfying those DEE offers would have impressed them, ay?

HAHAHA, they are a hard bunch to impress. Though everything I do now is tainted by my failure at not getting a place at Cambridge

Rebel meeee :cool:

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHA, they are a hard bunch to impress. Though everything I do now is tainted by my failure at not getting a place at Cambridge

Rebel meeee :cool:
    Ohh I remember you know! You're the one who asked whether to read at York or KCL. So I see you took my advice, huh?

Yupp, you put the Libyan rebels to a shame.
    Why don't you take up graduate studies at Cambridge after?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.