Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Bashar al-assad and the Syrian conflict Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah95__)
    Put yourself in the civillians shoes and then state your opinion.
    This world is so blind.

For instance, i have friends who are Syrian, who have family in syria, who are dead, lost and in hiding and have no clue about where they are. How would you feel if you were in this position where you can't do anything about it whilst the rest of world, are silent, slowly watching this genocide occur.

We learn in school, that we should learn from Hitlers actions and prevent them from occuring in the future. I guess this has happend. Bashar is equivelent to Hitler, this is a genocide.
    This. I dont care about the president, or the politics surrounding this conflict, but the innocent civilians who have died as a result of this conflict and those who are constantly living in a state of fear People are quick to supporting sides, but they don't think about the real victims here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    Since when did pro-gaddifi hooligans became experts on syrian affairs? Have you ever been to syria? I doubt... Have you any knowledge about syria apart from your brainwashed comments? I doubt...

Bashar is nothing like Gaddafi....

Gaddafi is an angel compared to Assad, he was fighting for his own cause his own green book, he had some democracy going on but not to the extent people wanted, even then He got his fair share which should be a lesson for every tyrant and oppressor!

I just wish the syrians learn from the libyans that this is not how you deal with mass killers and oppressors...they get a different kind of treatment.

Your not worth holding a discussion with if you blatantly support a mass killer.

Today alone...60 kids were killed in a massacre by Bashar al-assad. The youngest was a 2 week old baby. His mother died under the rubble

You dont need no BBC to tell you that killing kids is a criminal act no matter what religion they are or what race they belong to or what a 2 week year old baby's ideology is:rolleyes:?

FYI: I hardly go on BBC...never mind read the news on their website....

May they rest in peace!
    Where is this horrific massacre of small children? It doesn't feature on any news sites. Also, can you explain the logic behind attacking children? Why would Assad deliberately want to exacerbate his downfall through losing support by massacring children? It makes absolutely no sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by castlemadeofsand)
    Where is this horrific massacre of small children? It doesn't feature on any news sites. Also, can you explain the logic behind attacking children? Why would Assad deliberately want to exacerbate his downfall through losing support by massacring children? It makes absolutely no sense.
    Spot on!

Massacring children!!!!??? No one knows the logic behind it except for Bashar himself as he is the one committing these crimes but as far as I know he doesnt care about the syrians, whether children or women or disables, I Have seen it with my own eyes how he sniped a 3 year old kid walking with his home after getting some bread from the shop? Now tell me that doesnt exist! Its a disgusting! Just because you dont know about it doesnt mean it is not happening, it means you are not following it!!! you are not interested.

May I also add that news=usually means bringing something new to the audience? yeah? well the thing with syria is being going on for more than 2 years now...every day 200 lose their life, tell me that is news? Media covers interesting topics not boring topics that no one cares about, thats the art of media
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by castlemadeofsand)
    The problem with this is you are assuming Assad explicitly ordered children to be murdered. That's not the case it's far more likely if these sorts of things did go on that they were caused by the forces Assad unleashed. Look at the crimes committed by the Nazi's Hitler did not order many of them directly but he created an environment where such things were acceptable, Assad has done the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    The problem with this is you are assuming Assad explicitly ordered children to be murdered. That's not the case it's far more likely if these sorts of things did go on that they were caused by the forces Assad unleashed. Look at the crimes committed by the Nazi's Hitler did not order many of them directly but he created an environment where such things were acceptable, Assad has done the same.
    I am not an idiot, I am aware that the chain of command is rather long from President to individual soldiers and that an order to take a strong stand against rebel held areas can be interpreted and exaggerated every level that it is passed on. The problem with this is that you are assuming that everyone is less intelligent than you so that you see stupidity in generalisations that are made merely to save time which most people see automatically.

Yes you are right. However some of these "crimes" have turned out to be not as they were first reported with sometimes it turning out to be Alawite's massacred by men in irregular guerilla clothing rather than Sunni's by men in official army uniforms. That is not to say that his army has not committed atrocities as that would be very naive. Yet having know emphasized the separation between Assad and his army, you still seem to suggest his culpability for their actions. Does this too mean that you feel President Johnson bears the same responsibility for the events at My Lai and President Bush and Obama for individual actions of groups of soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan from self proclaimed hunting squads to the group that murdered a family having raped and murdered the daughter? All these things happened in a rather more disciplined and organized army than the one facing a collapsing state in Syria as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    I am not assuming. I have some hard evidence of direct ordering of soldiers to kill children. The military system in syria is complicated, its nowhere near as one may think it is!

It is corrupted, not now but for the past 40 years its a corrupted system but no one really noticed until this war happened, if I asked you or anyone else here if they heard anything about syria before March 2011. The answer would be NO. WHY?

Because syria was a big prison before then, no one knew what goes on there. Assad is not that stupid he does have adviser and all that, he has prepared himself for this, he knew this was going to happen one day but he never thought it would be that early!!! GO ask the syrians in syria what they think (Thats usual the way to find out instead of making assumptions)

In the 80s when he massacred 30,000 in the space of 2 weeks. NO ONE and I repeat no one knew about this except the american intelligence until very recently. They refused to release any pictures because they knew what would happen. Back then there was no media coverage, it was only satellite pictures or people first-hand evidence of losing a full town, if you are interested its called Hama. Please search the net you will find all this in case you think I have made that number up. See how clever he is? It took 40 years for the outside world to figure out what happened that day in Hama when men and women were lined up against the wall and shot in the head in front of their screaming children.

He has committed many crimes and one may wonder why the hell is he still there if he is a "bad guy" well he has the support from the Iranian state, Russsian state, and china. Now tell me how are the syrians meant to cope? On the military basis they are miles away,(if they weren't-believe me this would have been over long time ago)

This is just a slow genocidal process aimed at cleansing a specific sector of society:

In the beginning this is what Bashar Al-ASSAD said:

" I am prepared to sacrifice the 23 million if thats what it takes..." what kind of president is that? ....one you never met and hopefully will never meet! He has proved to us that he is a unique president, in everything, in his character, in his lies, in his manipulation, ways of killing people is just barbaric. Ordering the raping of women, because he knows the effect that has! it doesnt just destroy the women herself, it destroys her children, her spirit everything the whole family thus society falls! Thats his aim, and seems to be working because people are still hiding their head in the sand because they DONT want to believe it!

ReputationRep:
    I am not assuming. I have some hard evidence of direct ordering of soldiers to kill children.
    Show us this evidence then.

In the beginning this is what Bashar Al-ASSAD said:

" I am prepared to sacrifice the 23 million if thats what it takes..." what kind of president is that? ....one you never met and hopefully will never meet!
    I think you are deliberately taking that out of context to try and make him sound bad. He is saying that he would like every Syrian to fight to the death against terrorists if they had to.

Winston Churchill said a similar thing about defeating Nazism. He vowed that if Hitler took control of Britain, it would only be after every Briton was dead from fighting. It might sound harsh but it's the whole "die free or live as a slave" debate.

Would you even want to live in a country where terrorists seize control and you're always living in fear of them, or would you prefer to fight them and die free?

He has proved to us that he is a unique president, in everything, in his character, in his lies, in his manipulation, ways of killing people is just barbaric. Ordering the raping of women, because he knows the effect that has! it doesnt just destroy the women herself, it destroys her children, her spirit everything the whole family thus society falls! Thats his aim, and seems to be working because people are still hiding their head in the sand because they DONT want to believe it!
    Whenever I see someone getting emotional and talking about these conspiracy theories as if they are actually real, it always makes me wonder if the person is still in touch with reality i.e do they accept that they are talking nonsense, or do they now really believe their own propaganda.

Back in World War I, the British started rumours that the German soldiers were raping/killing women and children. As is the case with these accusations against Assad, it turned out to be untrue. But that's precisely how war-hungry politicians rile up their populations against someone - Accuse them of murdering civilians. I'm amazed that given how many times this same propaganda tactic has been tried, people still take conspiracy theorists like you at face value when you scream hysterically that "he's raping women in the streets!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bart1331)

I think you are deliberately taking that out of context to try and make him sound bad. He is saying that he would like every Syrian to fight to the death against terrorists if they had to.

Winston Churchill said a similar thing about defeating Nazism. He vowed that if Hitler took control of Britain, it would only be after every Briton was dead from fighting. It might sound harsh but it's the whole "die free or live as a slave" debate.

Would you even want to live in a country where terrorists seize control and you're always living in fear of them, or would you prefer to fight them and die free?

Whenever I see someone getting emotional and talking about these conspiracy theories as if they are actually real, it always makes me wonder if the person is still in touch with reality i.e do they accept that they are talking nonsense, or do they now really believe their own propaganda.

Back in World War I, the British started rumours that the German soldiers were raping/killing women and children. As is the case with these accusations against Assad, it turned out to be untrue. But that's precisely how war-hungry politicians rile up their populations against someone - Accuse them of murdering civilians. I'm amazed that given how many times this same propaganda tactic has been tried, people still take conspiracy theorists like you at face value when you scream hysterically that "he's raping women in the streets!"

If you are saying this raping of women doesnt happen! Then you are clearly 100% deluded. I shall rest my case. Have you forgotten we are in the 21st century?

Okay, so whats to say these terrorist exist, as you keep claiming? whats to say you haven't made them up just to satisfy yourself, and not feel guilty about supporting bashar?hmm? You say there is terrorist thus he has the right to kill 200,000 people?

Even if they existed (which you would love to believe) does that give him the right to kill innocents in the street? random people shopping? Gosh how deluded one can be!

ReputationRep:
    Where's the evidence of SAA forces purposely raping/killing women then?

Don't make up lies to cover what little argument you have left.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rovey)
    Where's the evidence of SAA forces purposely raping/killing women then?

You're a laughing stock. Don't make up lies to cover what little argument you have left.

I am not going to send graphical images on TSR? :rolleyes:

Even if I did, you refuse to believe anyone but yourself! Thats what I call arrogance :cool:

Raping of women and GIRLS of the age of 12 happens and continues to happen each day in syria, whether you believe it or not doesnt make the slightest difference...unless you hold a high position in the SAA, or some "terrorist" organisation in syria, then your influence is ZERO, am afraid so!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not comfortable with the idea of terrorists getting an amnesty, I believe that terrorists should always stand trial and answer for whatever atrocities they commit.

I have no problem with people saying that they oppose Assad. No politician will be liked by everyone. But the rebels really crossed a line when the started taking up arms and murdering civilians who didn't agree with them. Whether you like it or not, that IS the definition of terrorism. And my personal belief is that terrorists only understand one language - Force. It's a nice idea that if you sit down and engage in dialogue with people, they will see the error of their ways, but the FSA believe in executing unarmed mothers and children who don't agree with them, so how much success do you think you'll have trying to persuade them to stop their atrocities?

You know my opinion of you Syrian Guy, you act so hysterically and spout such clear and obvious propaganda that I reckon you're a paid anti-assad shill. So I'm not going to waste my time trying to educate you on why terrorism is bad. You clearly believe that the end justifies the means for all the atrocities the FSA have committed. I'm not going to hide the fact that you disturb me, but I guess everyone is allowed an opinion, no matter how disgusting it is.
    The reason why I delayed my response is because no body paid me for ages. Now this morning I received my remittance of £1000000 so here is my answer: I am a paid anti Assad. Happy now?

ReputationRep:
    I know whatever videos you watch, you won't believe any and you will keep worshiping your God Assad but I'll post them anyway for the sake of others.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8mxSm-9jSc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBER71KspRM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCox8b9nv18
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkicG_dCv1Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC3Bfp5W4Uk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rhdY...ctr=1375174181

ReputationRep:
    I am not going to send graphical images on TSR? :rolleyes:

Even if I did, you refuse to believe anyone but yourself! Thats what I call arrogance :cool:

Raping of women and GIRLS of the age of 12 happens and continues to happen each day in syria, whether you believe it or not doesnt make the slightest difference...unless you hold a high position in the SAA, or some "terrorist" organisation in syria, then your influence is ZERO, am afraid so!
    Once again, lame excuse.

People have posted links to graphic videos and images on here. You've been unwilling exactly because you have nothing which proves the army are purposely raping and killing civilians.

ReputationRep:
    So when there's a deceased unarmed civilian in the street we're supposed believe the SAA were automatically behind that? Or that those people being taken away in buses are innocent or set to be raped?

Nice attempt but propaganda from a pro terrorist channel doesn't cut the mustard. Until we see a proven video of SAA wrongdoing there's nothing to go on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rovey)
    Once again, lame excuse.

People have posted links to graphic videos and images on here. You've been unwilling exactly because you have nothing which proves the army are purposely raping and killing civilians.
    Have you ever been to syria? Did you know anything about syria before march 2011, NO!

Do you know any history of syria?
    Thus you will never understand the reason behind this war. It stretches way back and you havent the foggiest! You make me laugh how you just expect me to believe everything you say, yet you deny or I believe you want to make yourself believe that it doesnt happen that way you dont feel guilty!

LOL what evidence do you want? You dont want evidence, you just want to argue like a wee bored child...where is your evidence?or is it based on your thoughts and assumptions?

Keep up the lies, if you werent in the 21st century everyone would have believed you, nowadays it doesnt work my friend

The raping of underage girls has been documented by many sources, please go do your own homework, I have better things to do....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rovey)
    So when there's a deceased unarmed civilian in the street we're supposed believe the SAA were automatically behind that? Or that those people being taken away in buses are innocent or set to be raped?

Nice attempt but propaganda from a pro terrorist channel doesn't cut the mustard. Until we see a proven video of SAA wrongdoing there's nothing to go on.
    I give up! You guys won't believe anything even if you live in Syria. Tell you what, since you're so infatuated with Assad, why don't you read some of his confession.

(Original post by Rovey)
    Once again, lame excuse.

I don't understand the flippant and offhanded manner in which you present your opinions. al-Assad may be a thorn in US interests, but that shouldn't prevent you from making a wholehearted denunciation of the regime itself?

I have already posted on this thread:

The American and British government are co-signators to the Chemical Weapons Convention under the enforcement and scrutiny of the United Nations - along, I might add, with over 180 nations. When you broach chemical weapons in the context of Syria, it is the responsibility of the US and all the other signatories under the international agreements to do something. The UN Human Rights Commission reports that "the violations and abuses committed by anti-Government armed groups did not, however, reach the intensity and scale of those committed by Government forces and militia". I have been brusingly attempting to adumbrate a moral distinction between the policies of governments and various militias and groups. Naturally, the crimes committed by individuals within the anti-government forces should be dealt with accordingly. But this is wholly incommensurable to a government that has enacted policies of: unlawful killings, hostage taking, torture, sexual violence, massacres and the violation of children rights'. You must realise the significance of especially government use of WMDs?
    Human Rights Watch has documented summary killings and the other innumerable violations against especially children conducted by Syrian government forces and Shabiha throughout the Syrian conflict. Among the catalogue of violations are the more recent summary executions of little children in Taftanaz. Children have been killed by sniper fire in residential areas, and some have been maimed while taking shelter in their own homes. Syrian security officers have detained boys as young as 13 in horrific conditions and subjected them to torture. Children interviewed by Human Rights Watch have said that security officers severely beat children, used electric shocks on them, burned them with cigarettes, and left them to dangle from metal handcuffs for hours at a time. Children have been kept in solitary confinement and denied medical treatment, adequate food, and water; and boys have been raped.

al-Assad isn't sweets and sugar ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    I don't understand the flippant and offhanded manner in which you present your opinions. al-Assad may be a thorn in US interests, but that shouldn't prevent you from making a wholehearted denunciation of the regime itself?

Human Rights Watch has documented summary killings and the other innumerable violations against especially children conducted by Syrian government forces and Shabiha throughout the Syrian conflict. Among the catalogue of violations are the more recent summary executions of little children in Taftanaz. Children have been killed by sniper fire in residential areas, and some have been maimed while taking shelter in their own homes. Syrian security officers have detained boys as young as 13 in horrific conditions and subjected them to torture. Children interviewed by Human Rights Watch have said that security officers severely beat children, used electric shocks on them, burned them with cigarettes, and left them to dangle from metal handcuffs for hours at a time. Children have been kept in solitary confinement and denied medical treatment, adequate food, and water; and boys have been raped.

Thank God there is still some logic people in the world!

Those who have supported bashar and continue to support his ACTIONS they will suffer the consequences...maybe not today but one day, you will realize what a fool you have made of yourself!

Being loyal to your beloved president is one thing but supporting the massacres and raping of young girls? age of 5? How sick can one get? You ask for evidence and when its provided you dispute its legitmacy and when that is proven right, you continue arguing for the sake of...what really? Does bashar pay you some money, although that wouldnt be uncommon....but still, do you have any ounce of humanity in you?

Would you like your children to be raped in front of you?
    Would you like to see your father buried alive because he didnt say "bashar is my god..." ?

Would you like to have your genitals cut off...because you decided to speak out?

These maybe harsh words, but they are the reality...

Thank God there is still some logic people in the world!

Those who have supported bashar and continue to support his ACTIONS they will suffer the consequences...maybe not today but one day, you will realize what a fool you have made of yourself!

Being loyal to your beloved president is one thing but supporting the massacres and raping of young girls? age of 5? How sick can one get? You ask for evidence and when its provided you dispute its legitmacy and when that is proven right, you continue arguing for the sake of...what really? Does bashar pay you some money, although that wouldnt be uncommon....but still, do you have any ounce of humanity in you?

Would you like your children to be raped in front of you?
    Would you like to see your father buried alive because he didnt say "bashar is my god..." ?

Would you like to have your genitals cut off...because you decided to speak out?

These maybe harsh words, but they are the reality...
    They're actually quite common in certain leftist coteries. I remember debating last year with a Manichean leftist who felt that the Syrian uprising was a CIA/Islamist plot instead of a legitimate and much-needed democratic revolution against a tyrant. I think it fundamentally derives from support with what they designate the victims of US Imperialism. I only recently discovered that Michael Parenti chaired the "International Committee to Defend Slobodan Milosevic"!! ..To implicity accept that dictotorship is 'bad' places Syria on par with American. This doesn't compute very well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)

Trouble is HRW is on the US payroll instantly killing whatever credibility the organisation as a human rights purveyor may have had.

No shock HRW has nothing to say on blatant US and NATO involvement in the bloodshed.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.