Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Bashar al-assad and the Syrian conflict Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    They're actually quite common in certain leftist coteries. I remember debating last year with a Manichean leftist who felt that the Syrian uprising was a CIA/Islamist plot instead of a legitimate and much-needed democratic revolution against a tyrant. I think it fundamentally derives from support with what they designate the victims of US Imperialism. I only recently discovered that Michael Parenti chaired the "International Committee to Defend Slobodan Milosevic"!! ..To implicity accept that dictotorship is 'bad' places Syria on par with American. This doesn't compute very well.
    What doesn't compute well is dismissing people who say the truth as delusional lefties.

By supporting the government line of argument you're assuming governments don't lie.

Anyone with a decent handle on US/UK foreign policy would know that's a major gaffe.

(Original post by Rovey)
    What doesn't compute well is dismissing people who say the truth as delusional lefties.

By supporting the government line of argument you're assuming governments don't lie.

Anyone with a decent handle on US/UK foreign policy would know that's a major gaffe.
    I don't support the "government line of argument", and it's a shame you can't adumbrate my position without tripping-up in conspiratorial hysterics. Next, you'll be screeching that I'm on the CIA payroll.

I have been arguing for much more intervention in Syria since the beginning of the uprising. Is that the William Hague's position?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Hysteria)
    I don't support the "government line of argument", and it's a shame you can't adumbrate my position without tripping-up in conspiratorial hysterics. Next, you'll be screeching that I'm on the CIA payroll.

I have been arguing for much more intervention in Syria since the beginning of the uprising. Is that the William Hague's position?
    Nothing in the way of conspiracy in saying the truth. The only one tripping up is the person committed to being either in denial or so sure of himself may as well be talking to a brick wall.

You're arguing for more intervention from the agressor nations to protect the people from violence? Sounds like a good idea, how many more dead would you be interested in seeing?

ReputationRep:
    Seems like some what of a stale mate. Developments are slow. Assad is willing to endure.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChZ0-W3A2RA
    at least people are raising awareness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChZ0-W3A2RA
    at least people are raising awareness
    Great video,
    You are right, there are still some decent people in the world who are doing what every HUMAN being should be doing, standing with the innocent!

But, sadly this is not enough, the killing is on going and will never stop unless a bigger and stronger force is used to destroy this tyrant...either from the help of God or by getting some military intervention, which seems very unlikely now! So in simple words the Syrian people, men women and children have been deceived by the world they have been left to die alone.

Just because of their religion. Otherwise many countries would have intervened or even supported their cause long time ago...this war is not just political, there is a big element of religion here as you can see from the number of people dead and wounded are mainly from the muslim sect and the ones made refugees, the millions outside syria in death camps...they are outside for a reason, this is whats called ethnic cleansing! The aim is to leave syria for the Alwite and Shia community...and to built a Persian Empire. Thus, why Iran is helping out in the killing directly and indirectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Induss)
    its just propaganda coming from both sides, the Lebanese hezbolla and iran one one and the Saudis hamas on the other. all muslim conflicts round the globe are filled with lies and propaganda, false made-up videos etc - bbc showed once propaganda videos of Palestine were actually of a sunni bomb attack in Iraq - people are thick will beleive anything on youtube
    lol you havent the slightest about syria...with all due respect

Thats the latest I have heard...it made me laugh, Hamas is actually involved in this revolution :P Ooops where did that come from? Or is it every time we dont agree with someone or an organisation we try to stick it with Hamas/Al-qadea for pathetic reasons we all know to well if we have an ounce of common sense or knowledge about wars and how they come about and why then you would know that this is total drivel.

People believe what they want to believe because they cannot be bothered to do their own homework and actually do some research about this topic before randomly commenting for the sake of it...its not clever!

This revolution started for one and only one reason whether you like it or not: It started for the pride and dignity for the syrians....who have been subject to **** all for 40 years please read my previous post and you will find out about how and why it started because I dont like to keep repeating...it wastes time

ReputationRep:
    are you denying hamas is in Syria, please don't make everyone laugh. hamas are there, Hezbollah are there. israel may have also been there if it weren't for the fact they couldnt trust hamas not to shoot them int he back while attacking assad. here is no right-wrong, good vs evil in syria, there is just a bunch of evil all with different objectives and loyalties, just like most of their conflicts. it is one pile of mess, and let them sort it out themselves I say.
    Oh yeah I think thats the best plan....let them deal with it! Thats the easy way out but not the right way to tackle this...why? you might say...well the only reason is that at the bottom of all this "conflict" there is real people, like you and I who have lost their fathers, mothers and witnessed horrific crimes like a 10 year old child getting raped in front of his brothers and sister? c'mon dont tell me, let them deal with it, thats hypocrisy...because if you or anyone you know was in that position, would you stand and watch, would you say "Oh, let him deal with it, its his fault in the 1st place...oh well." I doubt you would so why is it any different, you dont need to have connections/relatives that are syrians to see this, you just have to be a human being who has a fully functioning heart...?

Are you telling me the 200,000 lives lost and their relatives should deal with it? who exactly do you want to deal with it? The bereaved mother...the orphans, the raped young girls, they are just meant to pick themselves up and continue with their life just like that on their own without anyones help? :rolleyes:

Anyways syrians have proven to the world that they are brave.

Every stand taken by every country will be written down in history and every country will receive what they deserve at the end...

What happened to Hitler, to the jews? why is it different now...I think I know the answer to that question....

ReputationRep:
    the world cant get involved in every conflict in the world muslims are fighting, the world would cease to function. this shia sunni thing has been going on for 1500 years at least, it is not something we can stop. muslims shout at us for getting involved in Iraq, Somalia etc, there will be as many shouting for involvment in Syria. you will never please all muslims. So yes, let them get on with it. we did not get invovled in the arab spring (thanfully ) the rest of the world will only get involved if overall world stability is threatened. We cant side with anyone in Syria because with all muslim conficlts, there is no 'right side' Interestingly the one country that is ready and wants to go in Syria full tilt, is Israel - But neither group of muslim wants them there.
    I have heard that excuse for too many times its becoming so dull and un-meaningful!

Oh really, I think there is more to it, Because shias make better allies than sunnis one would then infer why the syrians are not getting any help.

p.s if they dont want to help then why provoke? why support Bashar, if you want to be neutral you better do it properly, otherwise its just stupid saying we wont help the "muslim syrians" but guess what we going to sneak in some weapons to bashar to help him sweep out the syrian muslims that way we can let him do our dirty work for us, as usual- clever in coming out with trash that we dont want to intervene because of this and that but in reality, they are INTERVENING WAY TOO FAR....

They syrian war is not as simple as some may think AND may I add its nothing like the arab spring....how long did libya last? few months...how many died? compare that to syria then you would know what am talking about...

Good night!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    p.s if they dont want to help then why provoke? why support Bashar
    Tell Saudi Arabia not to support the rebels and Iran wont intervene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enoxial)
    Tell Saudi Arabia not to support the rebels and Iran wont intervene.
    Iran was in syria long before saudi came along...check your facts please. They were fighting a "religious war" as Hezbollah leader finally admitted...they were in syria long before you heard about syria, they were caught pretending to be tourists :rolleyes:

The ones from iran are worse than the ones in syria because they are recruited specifically to kill muslim sunnis thus they have more drive to kill and drink their blood like animals, they raped women and even children...how sick is that? raping children to leave them scarred for life!

Iran is there for one and only one reason, to sit a Persian Empire...but the actually forgot who they are fighting against...the syrian people are very brave and courageous, they wont bow down that easily as we have found out, they sacrificed 200,000 souls do YOU think for one second they are going to let go...their homeland? the oppression for 40 years do you think they are going to give in? They have no weapons, no nothing thats why the west and they whole world is gob smacked how until this day they stand in front of bashar bare chest and not surrender to someone with more power than them...

2 years....believe me if they had any proper weapon,bashar would be dead now, the 200,000 people would still be alive, syria would be beautiful instead of now you walk through the streets its like a desert with dead bodies and arms and legs about with children crying in the rubble! Its a mess the WORLD will pay heavily for...not just bashar.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Iran was in syria long before saudi came along...check your facts please. They were fighting a "religious war" as Hezbollah leader finally admitted...they were in syria long before you heard about syria, they were caught pretending to be tourists :rolleyes:

The ones from iran are worse than the ones in syria because they are recruited specifically to kill muslim sunnis thus they have more drive to kill and drink their blood like animals, they raped women and even children...how sick is that? raping children to leave them scarred for life!

Iran is there for one and only one reason, to sit a Persian Empire...but the actually forgot who they are fighting against...the syrian people are very brave and courageous, they wont bow down that easily as we have found out, they sacrificed 200,000 souls do YOU think for one second they are going to let go...their homeland? the oppression for 40 years do you think they are going to give in? They have no weapons, no nothing thats why the west and they whole world is gob smacked how until this day they stand in front of bashar bare chest and not surrender to someone with more power than them...

2 years....believe me if they had any proper weapon,bashar would be dead now, the 200,000 people would still be alive, syria would be beautiful instead of now you walk through the streets its like a desert with dead bodies and arms and legs about with children crying in the rubble! Its a mess the WORLD will pay heavily for...not just bashar.

Bahrain Uprisings:
    Duration: 2 years 6 months(approx)

Killed: 300,000 ONLY PROTESTORS

Syrian Civil War:
    Duration: 2 years 5 months(approx)
    Killed: 100,000 FOR BOTH SIDES (June 2013 UN estimates)

PS: Iran did no intervene in Bahrain Uprisings

Why don't you stand up for Bahraini peple? They obviously had more people killed.

ReputationRep:

Bahrain Uprisings:
    Duration: 2 years 6 months(approx)

Killed: 300,000 ONLY PROTESTORS

Syrian Civil War:
    Duration: 2 years 5 months(approx)
    Killed: 100,000 FOR BOTH SIDES (June 2013 UN estimates)

PS: Iran did no intervene in Bahrain Uprisings

Why don't you stand up for Bahraini peple? They obviously had more people killed.

Do you mind tell me where you got your Bahriani figure from, because to be honest I think you just made that one up...lol so weird how come 300,000 people died because thats a total fib...I stand with whoever wants freedom, I stand with the oppressed not the oppressor no matter what their religion is or color unlike some people who dont want to support the syrian revolution purely because its a "syrian muslim" mostly getting killed.

For your information, your "facts" are totally wrong
    The 200,000 killed in syria are civilians none are from the Government forces.

Most of them killed are just normal people like you and I,the government hardly catches the FSA because 1)they are armed 2) it leaves a more horrific effect if you kill normal people than armed thus bashar aims to kill civilians because that way he thinks he can stop the revolution but he is wrong and the revolution will never cease until Bashar is removed from the face of earth for the crimes he committed...

Lol how can you compare the syrian revolution to the bahriani one? The bahrianis have lost nothing compared to the syrians and you coming here making up facts about the dead is just ridiculous and very naive.

p.s this thread is about syria, your free to make a new thread about bahrini AND also invent some facts that would be fun
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    The Syrian Rebel leader had eaten organs of civilians (Theres even a video)

And if you have a clear view of Islamic History, a women named Hind Bint Utbah ate Organs of Hamza, Prophets uncle who is called the Chief of Martyrs.

As we can see that the actions denote that the rebels are pure evil.

ReputationRep:
    The Syrian Rebel leader had eaten organs of civilians (Theres even a video)

And if you have a clear view of Islamic History, a women named Hind Bint Utbah ate Organs of Hamza, Prophets uncle who is called the Chief of Martyrs.

As we can see that the actions denote that the rebels are pure evil.
    Or you are just paranoid...?
    I can sit here and tell you all the crimes of the shias committed in syrian NOW not hundreds of years ago...Horrific crimes, but to be honest you can do that yourself go check the net! i you want!

Oh so you did make the figures up...that just reduces your credibility! Lol your the first person I have come across (on TSR) how actually dared to invent the death of 300,000 must be sad!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it funny how to claim I have no evidence for the figures yet you havn't gave a single reference to me?

Do you mind tell me where you got your Bahriani figure from, because to be honest I think you just made that one up...lol so weird how come 300,000 people died because thats a total fib...I stand with whoever wants freedom, I stand with the oppressed not the oppressor no matter what their religion is or color unlike some people who dont want to support the syrian revolution purely because its a "syrian muslim" mostly getting killed.
    My bad I got the wrong figures.

For your information, your "facts" are totally wrong
    The 200,000 killed in syria are civilians none are from the Government forces.
    The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has documented 100,191 casualties since the beginning of the uprisings in 18/3/2011, from the first casualty in Dera'a, up till 24/06/2013.
    https://www.facebook.com/syriaohr/posts/386352791473065

It seems like you were making up figures when you said 200,000 when the figure is 36,661 civilians(see the link), lol.

Lol how can you compare the syrian revolution to the bahriani one? The bahrianis have lost nothing compared to the syrians and you coming here making up facts about the dead is just ridiculous and very naive.
    So does something have to be 'lost' in order to get attention from the Government, US or the UN?
    The Bahraini Uprisings couldn't be ignored!
    http://pomed.org/blog/2011/07/pomed-.../#.Twa9kDX9Oot

p.s this thread is about syria, your free to make a new thread about bahrini AND also invent some facts that would be fun
    Typical arguement, why look at every thing in Isolation?
    The Syrian Civil War is a part of the Arab Uprisings so it seems illogical that both events had no connection.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Or you are just paranoid...?
    I can sit here and tell you all the crimes of the shias committed in syrian NOW not hundreds of years ago...Horrific crimes...
    Do tell.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Bashar is removed from the face of earth for the crimes he committed...

Like the Saudi Government are such saints, they have done much worse, not from today.

ReputationRep:
    Like the Saudi Government are such saints, they have done much worse, not from today.
    WHO CARES ABOUT SAUDI? why do you love to bring it into everything? Its like syria has suddenly turned into saudi OR your geography is really bad...which one is it.

SO if someone commits a crime as you claim does it make it right for the other? and on another note, did the saudi government kill 200,000 shias without me noticing...hmm weird? now you want me to discuss the crimes of the whole world just to divert the way, Typical bashar supporters thats what they do best! Divert, Ignore, Lie and lie even more about the crimes until they make themselves believe it!

Its a sad affair!

You are the 1st person I have encountered that thinks the total death in syria is 36K? What a joke....either you can read your sources properly if they are out of date or you are blind to the fact that nearly every national source has quoted figures nearer the ~150,000 mark....?

I suggest you work on that because you cannot have a proper discussion when you just keep making things up for the sake of covering Bashar's Ass? How much do you get paid for that?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I would just like to point out that you presented NO sources for the arguements that you made and that I gave 3 responses and in return I got only 1 response, typical.

And I would like to state that your giving baseless arguements over and over again.

WHO CARES ABOUT SAUDI? why do you love to bring it into everything? Its like syria has suddenly turned into saudi OR your geography is really bad...which one is it.
    I wanted to highlight the hypocrisy that the US and and its allies bring, which has no resemblence to Geography but people like you can't debate and just try and critisize and say 'Your bad in geography'.

SO if someone commits a crime as you claim does it make it right for the other? and on another note, did the saudi government kill 200,000 shias without me noticing...hmm weird? now you want me to discuss the crimes of the whole world just to divert the way, Typical bashar supporters thats what they do best! Divert, Ignore, Lie and lie even more about the crimes until they make themselves believe it!
    The Saudi Government has definitely killed more, plus they are the sole reason why Israel is alive. I guess now you would like proof for that aswell, http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/6...aels-last-hope

As for the accusation that I divert, ignore and lie, I didn't, take the example of this post, I replied to your issue to Syrian Civil War and took the liberty of highlighting other issues as well.

You are the 1st person I have encountered that thinks the total death in syria is 36K? What a joke....either you can read your sources properly if they are out of date or you are blind to the fact that nearly every national source has quoted figures nearer the ~150,000 mark....?
    I spoke with proper reference, if you have a good memory you will remember, while you just blatently spoke, The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights is a UK based organization so the reference I am giving is the report given by the people who are against Bashar, which for you would make the source more reliable.

I suggest you work on that because you cannot have a proper discussion when you just keep making things up...
    May I highlight again that you have given no reliable source to your figures while I have provided you with a very creditable one.

for the sake of covering Bashar's Ass? How much do you get paid for that?
    Well I think you have made your mindset quite clear saying that people only do things for money, which is exactly what the Syrian Rebels are doing.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.