Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

In the light of the preparation for our June exam, it would be extremely useful to know the questions that came up in the January exam this year, so we can anticipate the sort of questions that are likely to come up this June.

If anybody knows anything on this matter please share info.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mappostolova)
    Hi everyone,

In the light of the preparation for our June exam, it would be extremely useful to know the questions that came up in the January exam this year, so we can anticipate the sort of questions that are likely to come up this June.

Thanks

i sat this exam last year and got an A, and it was mostly thanks to the "undersanding religious ethic: a complete guide for ocr as and a2" book. it has everything you need to know and everything is well explained. i got mine cheap on ebay, also you cant be 100% sure they wont ask a question on a topic they covered in the January exam. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by savanna1995)
    i sat this exam last year and got an A, and it was mostly thanks to the "undersanding religious ethic: a complete guide for ocr as and a2" book. it has everything you need to know and everything is well explained. i got mine cheap on ebay, also you cant be 100% sure they wont ask a question on a topic they covered in the January exam. good luck!
    Thank you!! Yes I do use this book
    Are there any specific revision techniques or tactics that you found helpful?
    Currently I am looking at past questions and making essay plans. I feel really anxious, I am predicted an A* and I feel thrown in at the deep end

ReputationRep:
    With religious experience and miracles I get that there are obvious similarities. But with questions that address one, would it be bad to address the other if it was relevant? Eg. if there was a question like 'to what extent is God revealed through holy scripture?' could you talk about experience and scripture, but then say God is better revealed through miracles etc. Like, can you mix topics as long as you stay completely relevant or can you not cross topics? Ah so confused! :'(

ReputationRep:
    what is everybody predicting to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xLovelovelove)

I think theological determinism defo!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else really struggle revising for this? I never really know what to include in various essays! Does anyone know where I can access past paper answers, or does anyone have any they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thank you!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmaSmith)
    Does anyone else really struggle revising for this? I never really know what to include in various essays! Does anyone know where I can access past paper answers, or does anyone have any they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thank you!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    My teacher gave me a booklet with various questions on. I'm not sure if they're past ones, or ones that they made up though.

I completely struggle with this, so am happy to share some of these questions if they can help you

ReputationRep:
    I think Miracles will come up

Also, through an English post I was reading, the user JakeAReynolds posted his revision blog which had a few philosophy ones

http://jakedoesrevision.blogspot.co....-miracles.html

hope that helps anyone who didn't know about it x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xLovelovelove)

I think miracles will come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rishma20)
    I think theological determinism defo!
    whats theological determinism also known as??? is this determinism or pre destination???

ReputationRep:
    I hear that determinism and miracles are very likely to come up

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here sitting the A2 religious ethics paper....?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyLynch100)
    whats theological determinism also known as??? is this determinism or pre destination???
    I think its: Pre Destination, Double Predestination and Free Will....

But I could be wrong :/ Hope this can help anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mappostolova)
    Hi everyone,

Thanks
    I read the examiners report for Jan 2013

Philosophy Jan 2013:

1.Religious Langauge:Via Nigativa
    2.Nature of God: Eternal God/Boethus /omniscient
    3.Religious Experience
    4.Life After Death Possibly with focus on Hick

I think Miracles, Life After Death, Revelation? I'm really struggling with Philosophy this year.. I not so clear on Religious Experience and Miracles...

Ethics Jan 2013:
    1.Conscience
    2.Virtue
    3.Bussiness Ethics
    4.Sexual Ethics

I think Free Will & Determinism, Environmental Ethics, Meta Ethics (Which I hate) and Conscience might come up

I REALLY hope Sexual Ethics comes up but it seems really unlikely becuase it's come up four years in a row.
    However if Sexual Ethics comes up it might be with Kantian Ethics

Link to examiners report have a read through it's really helpful! http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/136563-...ts-january.pdf

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Religious language is about 95% definite according to my teacher because it's been on every exam since the specification began. Miracles is also due a question, nature of God is a likely one and then it's a toss up between life after death and religious experience. They could surprise us and not use religious language this year though, it's so hard to try and predict! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeJaneR)
    Religious language is about 95% definite according to my teacher because it's been on every exam since the specification began. Miracles is also due a question, nature of God is a likely one and then it's a toss up between life after death and religious experience. They could surprise us and not use religious language this year though, it's so hard to try and predict! :confused:
    The fact that Religious Language always comes up makes me think it's a definite. Personally I hate it and am selectively ignoring it! Miracles will surely come up because it hasn't since Jan 2012? I would love for it to because it's my strongest topic by FAR! I'm thinking they might combine two topics this year. Perhaps Life After Death with Nature of God or Miracles with Nature of God.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think it's a massive risk not to revise Environment and Business for the Ethics exam? I find it the least interesting and would rather focus on the other topics, particularly as I haven't got Freewill and Determinism sorted yet. It came up twice on the last paper so I'm not sure whether that makes it less likely to come up this time? I reckon that if there's a sexual ethics question it could be something to do with a Kantian approach to contraception as nothing like that has ever been asked. Any predictions for non-application topics?

I can't really help for philosophy predictions as I did that exam in January but a William James 'aims and conclusions' question came up then so something that specific relating to Religious Experience is probably unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burbe)
    The fact that Religious Language always comes up makes me think it's a definite. Personally I hate it and am selectively ignoring it! Miracles will surely come up because it hasn't since Jan 2012? I would love for it to because it's my strongest topic by FAR! I'm thinking they might combine two topics this year. Perhaps Life After Death with Nature of God or Miracles with Nature of God.
    I think there was a question in January which some people interpreted as Miracles and others interpreted as Attributes of God..? I did questions on William James and Life After Death in that exam though. I didn't revise Religious Language at all and still did fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraD_95)
    I think there was a question in January which some people interpreted as Miracles and others interpreted as Attributes of God..? I did questions on William James and Life After Death in that exam though. I didn't revise Religious Language at all and still did fine.
    I did the January paper and the question was attributes of God and couldn't have been interpreted as miracles! so miracles is likely i'd say

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2013

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.