The (stupid) women's tax watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    yayyy!
    Go us!

ReputationRep:
    But where does this stop then?
    I agree, it sounds stupid, but everyone could argue that something was too important to be taxed for whatever reason.
    In theory i do agree, yes, but in practice there isn't much that people would say isn't essential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    1. Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?
    2. TELL me you're joking??!! :eek:
    I think you may have just revealed yourself as Damien...has he got 666 on the back of his head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    But where does this stop then?
    I agree, it sounds stupid, but everyone could argue that something was too important to be taxed for whatever reason.
    In theory i do agree, yes, but in practice there isn't much that people would say isn't essential.
    Just sign the damn thing before I get my arse over from Arundel to Peacehaven ....!!!

ReputationRep:
    1. Why are you referring to yourself in the third person?
    1. Because I am silly and was just making a point.. sorry.
    2. Joking about what?

ReputationRep:
    I think you may have just revealed yourself as Damien...has he got 666 on the back of his head?
    Lol, I hope you're talking to Daveo btw....*worries*

ReputationRep:
    Just sign the damn thing before I get my arse over from Arundel to Peacehaven ....!!!
    Hahaha!!! I'm not in peacehaven at the moment!
    I'm at college in Lewes (Doh!).
    I refuse to sign it on the grounds that i don't agree enough to make me want to put my name on a petition about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Hahaha!!! I'm not in peacehaven at the moment!
    I'm at college in Lewes (Doh!).
    I refuse to sign it on the grounds that i don't agree enough to make me want to put my name on a petition about it.
    That's even closer I'm just the other side of worthing

ok fine..

ReputationRep:
    Cos I was curious I went on the BNP's website and this worries me:

"The people of the British Isles are some of the most clever, most ingenious people and inventive people in the world"

Hello? Hitler? Can you hear me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    They already are you know.
    Good God. Is the UK's population so daft/poor that they need the State to encourage wearing and pay for their condoms?

I suppose the Government could go a step further and set up a new "agency for sexual wellbeing". They could send representitives to bedrooms around the country and supervise sex, starting by making sure the condom is properly "donned" etc

What a pathetic country.

ReputationRep:
    That's even closer I'm just the other side of worthing

ok fine..
    Oh dear!
    Don't hurt me, please don't hurt me!!!

ReputationRep:
    Cos I was curious I went on the BNP's website and this worries me:

"The people of the British Isles are some of the most clever, most ingenious people and inventive people in the world"

Hello? Hitler? Can you hear me?

That's true isn't it? Historically, I should think the Brits have invented rather more than their fair share of stuff havn't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Good God. Is the UK's population so daft/poor that they need the State to encourage wearing and pay for their condoms?

I suppose the Government could go a step further and set up a new "agency for sexual wellbeaing". They could send representitives to the bedroom around the country and supervise sex, starting by making sure the condom is properly "donned" etc

What a pathetic country.
    They should do it in America, that is if they haven't already since the States has a pretty high underage pregnancy rate.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not joking at all by the way.

ReputationRep:

I suppose the Government could go a step further and set up a new "agency for sexual wellbeaing". They could send representitives to the bedroom around the country and supervise sex, starting by making sure the condom is properly "donned" etc

What a pathetic country.
    Er, hello? Most countries have this. It helps stops the spread of disease - always good. What country are you from?

ReputationRep:
    Er, hello? Most countries have this. It helps stops the spread of disease - always good. What country are you from?
    Er hello. Actually I think you'll find there was proportionally a lot less STD and teenage pregnancy BEFORE condoms were given away and formalized sex education was made a part of the school curriculum than there is today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    They should do it in America, that is if they haven't already since the States has a pretty high underage pregnancy rate.
    Erm hello the abstienence programme...the cheapest of it's kind

ReputationRep:
    Er hello. Actually I think you'll find there was proportionally a lot less STD and teenage pregnancy BEFORE condoms were given away and formalized sex education was made a part of the school curriculum than there is today.
    Yes, but that was due more to changes in social attitudes towards sex rather than purely because of the education available. Imagine if society was as permissive about sex as it is currently, but there was no sex education or freely available contraceptives!?!

ReputationRep:
    LOL! Look at all those er(m) hello?'s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yes, but that was due more to changes in social attitudes towards sex rather than purely because of the education available. Imagine if society was as permissive about sex as it is currently, but there was no sex education or freely available contraceptives!?!

That is a good point actually.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.