Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not asking whether its equal to one, as i know it's not and most universities etc don't even recognise it.
    What i want to ask is about grade boundries.
    I recently sat and passed both English and Maths City and Guilds Level Two at around 80-90% on each.
    I want to ask, if that was transferred into GCSE level, roughly what grade would it be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibeatu)
    I'm not asking whether its equal to one, as i know it's not and most universities etc don't even recognise it.
    What i want to ask is about grade boundries.
    I recently sat and passed both English and Maths City and Guilds Level Two at around 80-90% on each.
    I want to ask, if that was transferred into GCSE level, roughly what grade would it be?
    Roughly grade C at GCSE
    For maths it covers most of the topics up to D grade and many of the C grade topics (except algebra) but it doesn't assess any of the B/A/A* topics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Roughly grade C at GCSE
    For maths it covers most of the topics up to D grade and many of the C grade topics (except algebra) but it doesn't assess any of the B/A/A* topics
    I think you are thinking of level one,
    Level two is A*-C

ReputationRep:
    I think you are thinking of level one,
    Level two is A*-C
    No I'm really not.
    You asked what it is roughly equivalent to - in terms of content and expertise it's roughly equivalent to achieving C at GCSE.
    Some employers and come courses will accept Level 2 as meeting the requirement for a GCSE A*-C but you can't consider level 2 to be equivalent to an A* GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    Okay then
    I am going in for proper GCSEs, i was just trying to get and idea of where i'm at so far.

ReputationRep:
    Okay then
    I am going in for proper GCSEs, i was just trying to get and idea of where i'm at so far.
    You're going in for proper GCSE's - and at the same time finishing 4 A2's and hoping to apply to Manchester (or Oxford) for medicine at 16?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2299308

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt:))
    You're going in for proper GCSE's - and at the same time finishing 4 A2's and hoping to apply to Manchester (or Oxford) for medicine at 16?

this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

(Original post by melissabishopx)
    this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This thread is about this year, i'm thirteen right now, the other thread is thinking two years ahead, i'm pretty sure i mentioned that somewhere

ReputationRep:
    This thread is about this year, i'm thirteen right now, the other thread is thinking two years ahead, i'm pretty sure i mentioned that somewhere
    You're thinking two years ahead to do medicine, possibly at Oxbridge, at 16... when you haven't even done proper GCSE's!?!

I don't want to stamp on your dreams, but if you haven't even done GCSE's, how can you know you'll even be accepted for medicine? Admittedly, GCSE's are not difficult, but even so...

ReputationRep:
    You're thinking two years ahead to do medicine, possibly at Oxbridge, at 16... when you haven't even done proper GCSE's!?!

I don't want to stamp on your dreams, but if you haven't even done GCSE's, how can you know you'll even be accepted for medicine? Admittedly, GCSE's are not difficult, but even so...

I've knows what i've wanted to do for a long time, I don't see why you're judging me when it's just a dream. I'm thinking into the future so it doesn't shock me when i get there.

ReputationRep:
    I've knows what i've wanted to do for a long time, I don't see why you're judging me when it's just a dream. I'm thinking into the future so it doesn't shock me when i get there.
    So are you starting GCSEs this year, then A-Levels in 2 years? (So you'll be 18 when you start uni?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    So are you starting GCSEs this year, then A-Levels in 2 years? (So you'll be 18 when you start uni?)
    I'm sitting GCSEs this year, then this September going to do my A levels, i'll be sixteen when I start university.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting GCSEs this year, then this September going to do my A levels, i'll be sixteen when I start university.
    Do you go to a state school? I really don't see the reason for starting university at 16, especially as everyone else will be 18+. However, if it's what you want to do, then good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatPerson)
    Do you go to a state school? I really don't see the reason for starting university at 16, especially as everyone else will be 18+. However, if it's what you want to do, then good luck.
    Nope, i became homeschooled then decided to sit my GCSEs early because i had nothing to do. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Srsly u won't make it ecpecially at 13. You might be clever and I do not want to be the guy that said I told you so but like the person who told u earlier in this discussion, there is no way you do four a-levels each with as modules in one month besides public exams are only held around June every year now so ur talking a pile of rubbish and mate I go to a prestigious boarding school in the UK for privacy reasons I will not disclose the names but in the year above me applying under UCAS, 4/5 of Oxford and Cambridge appliers all got 9A* and above and the rest A's one person got 13A*. All got an interview but none got an offer. Three of them are school prefects play sports in every A/ FIRST sport team and literally filled to the brim for extra curricular. They are incredibly nice folks aswell. They my forum vainish acquaintance all got rejected. I doubt ur personality will get u through the first day of an interview let alone the four day interview required.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuejz)
    Srsly u won't make it ecpecially at 13. You might be clever and I do not want to be the guy that said I told you so but like the person who told u earlier in this discussion, there is no way you do four a-levels each with as modules in one month besides public exams are only held around June every year now so ur talking a pile of rubbish and mate I go to a prestigious boarding school in the UK for privacy reasons I will not disclose the names but in the year above me applying under UCAS, 4/5 of Oxford and Cambridge appliers all got 9A* and above and the rest A's one person got 13A*. All got an interview but none got an offer. Three of them are school prefects play sports in every A/ FIRST sport team and literally filled to the brim for extra curricular. They are incredibly nice folks aswell. They my forum vainish acquaintance all got rejected. I doubt ur personality will get u through the first day of an interview let alone the four day interview required.
    I think you should read the thread properly before being judgemental.
    I honestly doubt you go to a prestigious boarding school, you typing language is nothing like that of someone who does.
    If you read this thread, you'd understand that I am completing GCSEs this year, some in May, some in June. I have been offered a place at a college starting this September, where I will go on to do my A levels for two years, until I am sixteen. Then I will be applying to Universities that I have the right grades for, ideally to do Medicine.
    Also, most Oxbridge applicants are from state schools.
    I think you comment was extremely uncalled for, how dare you. You have no idea what my personality is like, especially as you didn't even read my previous posts. You do not know who I am or anything about me. Do not pass judgement without thinking, it's extremely rude. If that is the attitude you show everyone I feel sorry for them.

I am appalled at the morals of the people on this site. From what i've seen the majority of you (or the majority of the people posting on my threads) are either jealous or want to find flaws in another person without having the proper details. As soon as you see a chance to take a dig at someone, you take it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not judging you - I even said that "I don't want to stamp on your dreams". I'm not saying you can't achieve what you're dreaming about - I'm just suggesting that, given your current state of education, perhaps you should consider other options as well. Personally, if I was in your situation, and had any doubt whatsoever about achieving 4 A*'s in your A2's (I think you said you wanted to take Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and something else) I would wait to start them until you are sure (although you may currently have that confidence - if so, congratulations!) And if you are that confident, I would recommend taking Maths/Further Maths as well, at least to AS - because Maths is both easy and fun

Remember, this is just advice - it's great that you're confident, I'm not criticising you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not judging you - I even said that "I don't want to stamp on your dreams". I'm not saying you can't achieve what you're dreaming about - I'm just suggesting that, given your current state of education, perhaps you should consider other options as well. Personally, if I was in your situation, and had any doubt whatsoever about achieving 4 A*'s in your A2's (I think you said you wanted to take Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and something else) I would wait to start them until you are sure (although you may currently have that confidence - if so, congratulations!) And if you are that confident, I would recommend taking Maths/Further Maths as well, at least to AS - because Maths is both easy and fun

Remember, this is just advice - it's great that you're confident, I'm not criticising you.
    Thank you, I will keep that advice in mind. I'm sorry for snapping, I know it's no excuse but I got a bit of backlash from one of my other threads and i thought everyone was against me. :rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.