Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    hi guys!

I recently accepted an offer for MSc in child and adolescent mental health at UCL. My next big decision. renting an apartment and finding flatmates.
    Any suggestions how to go about it?

Thanks a ton in advance

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

You should join the UCL Postgrad group https://www.facebook.com/groups/335218063254900/ It's quite a common question and this is is what I understand of the situation: If you're from outside of Europe you can get university halls as a postgraduate. But if you're from inside, you have to find your own. There's private halls which are companies like Unite who own halls, so it's like uni halls but I'm guessing nicer and more expensive. You can also go for a shared house/flat which can be done through the university of london (think there's a link on the UCL website) or just look online for student accommodation. I'm still not sure about actual finding of housemates etc seeing as I'm not having much luck either. There's a housing fair to do with University of London at the beginning of May and then I think that's when private house/flat shares will start to be advertised.

ReputationRep:
    Heyy

Im in the same position... confused about accomodation.. i think sharing an apartment would be preferred with someone like minded rather than halls...

Im doing the MSc in reproductive science...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's true ... But I have no idea how to find ppl or even an apartment considering I am an international student ! What do you think ?

ReputationRep:
    Well people on the postgrad Facebook group are talking about setting up flat/house shares so I assume some people will be doing it that way. Property isn't starting to be advertised for another few weeks so should have time to talk to people before you have to start actually looking.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.