Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I'm a guy and since I've started having sex I haven't really found it that enjoyable. I don't mean that it isn't arousing but there just isn't any sensation when I do it. I think it's most likely because I'm used to stimulating the tip of my penis when masturbating but it's not possible to recreate that feeling during sex. Does anyone else have this problem/any advice on how to 'get over it' so to speak?
    • Community Assistant

    Community Assistant
    I suspect you're right - you're used to one form of stimulation, and this is different. It can take time to get used to it as erotic.

    You can change how you masturbate at least some of the time, to a gentle 'all over' stroking with lube, for example, and you can experiment with how you have intercourse. So if you're in a position where you are in control of how deep you go, you can keep things shallow, so that the ring of muscles around the entrance to the vagina stimulate the head of your penis more. (There are plenty of women who will enjoy this too.) Being able to see what's happening can also add to the pleasure.
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.