Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I originally applied to Bradford Biomedical for my 5th option but that was a mistake because i was meant to apply in clinical sciences. When my advisor rang up, they said that they will put me on the list and replace the biomedical course with clinical science. But after not hearing anything for a while I rejected the biomedical course and applied in newcastle for biomedical and got in. Now I just receive a letter inviting me for interview for clinical science at bradford. But my career advisor said that the fact I have rejected biomedical will prove a problem and i should now reject newcastle and apply through extra for clinical at bradford. But the thing is that I have already accepted newcastle and no places show up for clinical at bradford through extra anyway. And bradford already knows i have rejected biomedical because i got an email quite a while ago from them.

My question is do you think my career advisor is trying to misguide me and do you think i should phone up the uni to check? Because i don't understand how bradford can turn round and say to me now that they sent me invitation for interview by mistake just because i did not apply through ucas. Please help me if you have got any advice at all!!

ReputationRep:
    Please help because i need to go to my career advisor today and i want to have some idea of what to do before i go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maroosh)
    Please help because i need to go to my career advisor today and i want to have some idea of what to do before i go
    Decide which you really want to go to. Then speak to both universities. I'd ignore your careers person. I'd speak to Bradford first if that is where you want to go and tell them what happened, then to Newcastle. However remember if you get rejected after Bradford interview you'll no longer have Newcastle as a back up.

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely call Bradford and speak with them and try to get that interview done.

There is a UCAS process of adjustment for applicants who change their mind or get higher or lower than expected grades.

I would check that out after the interview and then if you get a Bradford offer try to switch with Newcastle via the UCAS adjustment process.

I would not reject Newcastle until I am sure about an offer from Bradford as Newcastle never has biomedical spaces in extra and Bradford may not have this year as they had a lot of applicants.

So try to get Bradford to be held to the interview. Do it find out how fast you can get a response. It you gent an offer call UCAS and ask about adjustment. Try to convince them. It al goes well accept Bradford then cancel Newcastle If that is what you really want to do.

You can also have a what if anonymous/generic discussion with UCAS before making any decisions or taking action-simply say there has been a bit of confusion you now have an interview for a place you prefer but it has come after you accepted another offer. How can you fix this?-

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the advice everyone. I really appreciate it. Does anyone know the success rate of clinical science interview by the way. And does anyone know what kind of questions they ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maroosh)
    Thank you very much for the advice everyone. I really appreciate it. Does anyone know the success rate of clinical science interview by the way. And does anyone know what kind of questions they ask?
    Success rate is very good. Once you have an interview your foot is in the door. Just be confident and know your personal statement well. They can ask you anything so you have to be a quick thinker. And ofcourse know your organ of choice well. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shakyamuni)
    Success rate is very good. Once you have an interview your foot is in the door. Just be confident and know your personal statement well. They can ask you anything so you have to be a quick thinker. And ofcourse know your organ of choice well. Good luck!
    Thank you very much. That has done a lot to relieve me. Thanks for the advice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Life Sciences Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.