Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls have you ever cheated ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Of course I haven't. I wouldn't be his girlfriend if we didn't love and trust each other, ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, twice. Once with a ex who was horrible (violent, abusive, cheating), not an excuse i know. Once with my current boyfriend. I'm not even gonna make excuses for that coz none are good enough tbh, he didn't deserve it.

nope and i would never ever cheat. i couldnt even think about it.
    i was in a sexting friends with benefits situation, basically a booty call when he was bored and wanted some action over text, but i felt so bad because he had a girlfriend.
    he wanted to carry on with it, but id just got in a relationship myself and turned him down. he was upset that hed lost his booty call, but i could never do it. my family was broken up because of my dads affair, why would i do something that i think is morally wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    nope and i would never ever cheat. i couldnt even think about it.
    i was in a sexting friends with benefits situation, basically a booty call when he was bored and wanted some action over text, but i felt so bad because he had a girlfriend.
    he wanted to carry on with it, but id just got in a relationship myself and turned him down. he was upset that hed lost his booty call, but i could never do it. my family was broken up because of my dads affair, why would i do something that i think is morally wrong?
    But you already did something you thought was morally wrong, because he had a girlfriend and you felt bad about it :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Never ever.

I had opportunities to cheat on my ex, when I went to my friend's 21st her (guy) friend who I'd thought was cute before hit on me several times but I turned him down. However, I was tempted for the first time so I knew that things were over. (We broke up 2 weeks later) But I never cheated at all.

I wouldn't dream of cheating on my current boyfriend, he's way too lovely and his ex cheated on him so I'd hate to put him through that again.

Some of my friends have cheated without even thinking about it which I find reprehensible.

ReputationRep:
    In a happy relation ship, but often have the opportunity to cheat and I must admit sometimes it's difficult to resist the temptation.

Though, out of experience I think that if you really love someone it's their feelings over yours so I would never break my gf's trust

(Original post by Miss Jean Brodie)
    But you already did something you thought was morally wrong, because he had a girlfriend and you felt bad about it :confused:
    theres a hell of a lot of background between me and the guy. we were each others booty call before he got a girlfriend, he didnt even tell me he had a girlfriend. i tried to cut him off as soon as i found out, but he kept coming back.
    im not gonna sit here and say what i did was right, because it wasnt, but i tried to stop it, its him that was cheating on his girlfriend, he kept telling me it didnt matter.
    but now im in a relationship i would NEVER cheat on my boyfriend, not in a million years, not for anyone or anything.

ReputationRep:
    No, I haven't and probably never would. It's not right and you should break up with your partner before doing anything with anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosee92)
    I had opportunities to cheat on my ex, when I went to my friend's 21st her (guy) friend who I'd thought was cute before hit on me several times but I turned him down. However, I was tempted for the first time so I knew that things were over. (We broke up 2 weeks later) But I never cheated at all.

I wouldn't dream of cheating on my current boyfriend, he's way too lovely and his ex cheated on him so I'd hate to put him through that again.
    Yeah, same for me. The only time I've ever been tempted it woke me the hell up and told me that I didn't love my boyfriend at the time. I can't imagine cheating on someone I loved.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no, I've been incredibly lucky to have found someone that, 5 years later I'm still as crazy about as I was the day we got together. No way am I going to be stupid enough to mess that up for the sake of casual sex.

I believe cheating signals other, deeper problems with a relationship. When you are truly happy in your relationship it is extremely easy not to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies girls .
    Keep em coming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    'most men cheat'? Are there any statistics to back this up or is this just anecdotal?
    Its common knowledge really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisraymondsmith)
    Just as the title says really .
    You can answer anon if you want .
    Have you cheated if so how many times ?

Reason im asking is because its no secret that most men cheat and we get alot of stick for cheating and rightly so but to me a lot of women cheat as well but we never really hear about this .

Im not saying women cheat as much as men but a hell of a lot of women cheat and it gets brushed underneath the carpet .

So ladies have you cheated then ?
    Actually no. Only 22-28% of men cheat and 15-18% of women cheat. Men with more money cheat more (32% of people making over £300,000 cheat, but money doesn't affect how much women cheat). Women barely used to cheat in the past because of lack of opportunities to go out/meet people who they could cheat with. Nowadays women are catching up to men with the cheating, but we're not quite as cheaty as men yet . Although fairly women cheat for mostly emotional reasons while men cheat for mostly sexual reasons (it's all in this article: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17951664/n...tay-true-love/)

I've never cheated nor could I ever entertain the idea of cheating. I've only been with one guy and I find it very difficult to imagine being with anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    Actually no. Only 22-28% of men cheat and 15-18% of women cheat. Men with more money cheat more (32% of people making over £300,000 cheat, but money doesn't affect how much women cheat). Women barely used to cheat in the past because of lack of opportunities to go out/meet people who they could cheat with. Nowadays women are catching up to men with the cheating, but we're not quite as cheaty as men yet . Although fairly women cheat for mostly emotional reasons while men cheat for mostly sexual reasons (it's all in this article: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17951664/n...tay-true-love/)

I've never cheated nor could I ever entertain the idea of cheating. I've only been with one guy and I find it very difficult to imagine being with anyone else.
    I agree with this in bold tbh .
    Wouldn't quite use nbc is a reliabe source though

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this in bold tbh .
    Wouldn't quite use nbc is a reliabe source though
    Well they've used academic studies to back up what they say. You can just look up the original sources and see how they did the study. I tend to believe it because I've seen those same statistics in other places before.

ReputationRep:
    I did cheat once, but not for sexual reasons. i was drunk and my boyfriend and me had been tourturing each other for a couple of months by then and he was completely ignoring me. at the time i just wanted to hurt him, because.... i had no other way then hurting him to show he still cared at all. i was younger then, basically a child.

i have never ever stopped feeling guilty. I would certainly not do that now ever even though i have had plenty of oppertunities.

I am completely disgusted with myself but i still think i have learnt a lot from the experience.... like, i can understand some people better and i am less quick to judge people before i understand the entire situation.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Its common knowledge really
    Popular opinion's usually a pretty bad reason to believe something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annuhlees)
    I did try, I wanted to explain why and how he was treating me like crap. He just said 'i'm not doing this today, it's your birthday and this isn't happening'. I planned to break up with him as he treated me like crap he was 'too busy to buy me a present or a card' when he's bbf birthday was three days after mine and he went to his birthday but not mine? I ended up apologising for something I didn't do and he walked off. I felt too scared to be like 'it's over and deal with it'.

:/
    #perfect for the Russell Group
    # I'm an *******

ReputationRep:
    Never, and don't plan on it. I know my boyfriend would be devastated, and I'd feel awful too. It's not worh it. I can see why some people do though, and I know a lot of girls who have cheated recently. In some othose cases, they were hanging on to failing relationships anyway, i.e. several breaks

ReputationRep:
    No and definitely don't plan to.

In my experience, women are just as bad as men.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 9, 2015
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.