Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does the uxbridge campus have accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hiya it does but it's not like university halls its private accommodation you have to rent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So is it only high Wycombe that has halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How far away are the halls in high Wycombe to the uxbridge campus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    About 40 mins I think depending on traffic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy03)
    About 40 mins I think depending on traffic

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok thanks do you know if I'm studying in the uxbridge campus ill be able to get accommodation on the high Wycombe halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went to a day not so long ago and the woman said you can do but leave an hour for traffic etc to get to your lectures

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Happy03)
    I went to a day not so long ago and the woman said you can do but leave an hour for traffic etc to get to your lectures

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh ok that's alright then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you can get accommodation bursary?! Some universities offer them not sure about bucks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanessa1)
    Oh ok thanks do you know if I'm studying in the uxbridge campus ill be able to get accommodation on the high Wycombe halls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello I'm hoping to study at New Bucks uni at Uxbridge campus for nursing this year. I was really worried about renting for my first year and really wanted to be in halls.

I rang the uni about accommodation and they said that once you have accepted them you go to a meet and greet day and meet new people studying there and all look around accommodation together. You're not in private accommodation by your self for the first year, you're in with a group of people, like you would be in halls. The accommodation is also managed by the university and you pay all your rent to them! So don't let it put you off.

I looked into staying in high wycombe halls too, but it's simply too far away. You won't be alone and by the sounds of what I have been told it is very similar to halls, as when universities say 'halls' it is not always literally halls, it can be in forms of houses where students share bathrooms and kitchens etc or flats.

I have done loads of research into it because the accommodation really put me off at first! It is not as bad as it sounds.

I really hoped this helped you and if you have any questions feel free to ask or email me. [Removed - please use PMs or post here]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica.thurlow)
    Hello I'm hoping to study at New Bucks uni at Uxbridge campus for nursing this year. I was really worried about renting for my first year and really wanted to be in halls.

I rang the uni about accommodation and they said that once you have accepted them you go to a meet and greet day and meet new people studying there and all look around accommodation together. You're not in private accommodation by your self for the first year, you're in with a group of people, like you would be in halls. The accommodation is also managed by the university and you pay all your rent to them! So don't let it put you off.

I looked into staying in high wycombe halls too, but it's simply too far away. You won't be alone and by the sounds of what I have been told it is very similar to halls, as when universities say 'halls' it is not always literally halls, it can be in forms of houses where students share bathrooms and kitchens etc or flats.

I have done loads of research into it because the accommodation really put me off at first! It is not as bad as it sounds.

I really hoped this helped you and if you have any questions feel free to ask or email me. [Removed - please use PMs or post here]
    So do you recommend the uxbridge campus? What are the prices like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not recommending anything because I have not personally been and had a look around possible accommodation because at this present time it is full of students so you can't look. I just don't want it to put you off the university just because they don't have student halls. It put me off but now i'm considering this university because in my personal opinion the accommodation doesn't sound as bad as what i first thought. Research into it more before you make any decisions. Here's a few things that may help:

I am going next week to have a look around uxbridge so I will let you know what the area is like and i have also been on some estate agent websites that are linked to Bucks New University to get an idea of prices. Don't forget you may want furnished accommodation, how far it is from the campus (could use google maps), if electricity etc is all included in the rent, etc. Although these obviously won't be fixed prices as it all depends on the house you choose at the time. Gives you a rough idea of property prices around the area.

Here is their website which tells you about their accommodation.
    http://bucks.ac.uk/home_eu_students/...accommodation/

Also if you are still unsure if you ring their accommodation team on 01494 603 063 (I found this the most useful)
    and you can email them on [email protected]
    This is what they have put on their website..

''We have university-managed accommodation in Uxbridge on the Head Tenancy Scheme (HTS). This scheme is jointly managed between the University and Nupad Ltd.HTS properties are houses rented from private individuals or companies and are managed by the University and Nupad Ltd, which means the university acts as the student's landlord.The properties are family-type homes, range in size and layout and have between 4 and 6 bedrooms. Houses are let on single tenancies. The cost of renting HTS properties varies depending on the location, size and quality of the individual property.Parking availability depends on the individual property, often road side parking is available, but you may need to apply to the district council for a parking permit. Please note that there is no parking on campus for students.If you are interested in a room in a HTS property, you will be able to come along to one of our 'Meet and Greet' days where you will be able to form a group with people on similar courses and choose a house from those available.''

Sorry for the huge comment, I missed quite a lot of this information when I first researched so i've underlined a few things I missed. This is all on their website I linked to you.

I looked on Nupad, by typing it into google and all the other estate agents linked with the University, which are all linked to their website. Also sounds silly but have a look on street view on google maps to get an idea of what the area is like etc. I also used that to have a look around the town centre and at the outside of houses, what type of things are in the area etc.. I know I sound crazy but because I live so far away the only way I could get an Idea of what the area is like was to look on google street view maps.

I really hope this helps. Feel free to message me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica.thurlow)
    I'm not recommending anything because I have not personally been and had a look around possible accommodation because at this present time it is full of students so you can't look. I just don't want it to put you off the university just because they don't have student halls. It put me off but now i'm considering this university because in my personal opinion the accommodation doesn't sound as bad as what i first thought. Research into it more before you make any decisions. Here's a few things that may help:

I am going next week to have a look around uxbridge so I will let you know what the area is like and i have also been on some estate agent websites that are linked to Bucks New University to get an idea of prices. Don't forget you may want furnished accommodation, how far it is from the campus (could use google maps), if electricity etc is all included in the rent, etc. Although these obviously won't be fixed prices as it all depends on the house you choose at the time. Gives you a rough idea of property prices around the area.

Here is their website which tells you about their accommodation.
    http://bucks.ac.uk/home_eu_students/...accommodation/

Also if you are still unsure if you ring their accommodation team on 01494 603 063 (I found this the most useful)
    and you can email them on [email protected]
    This is what they have put on their website..

''We have university-managed accommodation in Uxbridge on the Head Tenancy Scheme (HTS). This scheme is jointly managed between the University and Nupad Ltd.HTS properties are houses rented from private individuals or companies and are managed by the University and Nupad Ltd, which means the university acts as the student's landlord.The properties are family-type homes, range in size and layout and have between 4 and 6 bedrooms. Houses are let on single tenancies. The cost of renting HTS properties varies depending on the location, size and quality of the individual property.Parking availability depends on the individual property, often road side parking is available, but you may need to apply to the district council for a parking permit. Please note that there is no parking on campus for students.If you are interested in a room in a HTS property, you will be able to come along to one of our 'Meet and Greet' days where you will be able to form a group with people on similar courses and choose a house from those available.''

Sorry for the huge comment, I missed quite a lot of this information when I first researched so i've underlined a few things I missed. This is all on their website I linked to you.

I looked on Nupad, by typing it into google and all the other estate agents linked with the University, which are all linked to their website. Also sounds silly but have a look on street view on google maps to get an idea of what the area is like etc. I also used that to have a look around the town centre and at the outside of houses, what type of things are in the area etc.. I know I sound crazy but because I live so far away the only way I could get an Idea of what the area is like was to look on google street view maps.

I really hope this helps. Feel free to message me
    Hey!
    Thanks a lot! Ill have a look and if I have anymore questions ill ask (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanessa1)
    Hey!
    Thanks a lot! Ill have a look and if I have anymore questions ill ask (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok If you find any other information or anything please do post on here! All information is useful Thanks and good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.