Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

So I hope funding gets sorted out in May-June ish. If so, will be starting tu100 in October. Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Hi John,

I registered last night and i'm in the process of filling out forms for funding and for OU.

I spent time looking through the reviews and as it's my first module it seems to be well balanced.

Is this your first module? What degree path are you following?

Mark

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Yeap my first module.
    I am doing Q67 - Computing and IT with Design Innovation.
    However, I may switch to the Networking pathway.

I have some experience with Cisco OS and interested in learning Java but am concerned on taking the programming plunge

Ian

ReputationRep:
    I'll be (probably) starting TU100 in October. I'll be on the Computing and IT - digital technologies pathway. Looks really interesting, I just have one question: how do all the modules fit-in? I want to do the degree in 3 years, so the first year has 3 modules, but most modules only have two start dates a year. Would I have to overlap some modules? Basically, does anyone know how this works?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Looking through the modules, I have the following as a guideline:

Tu100 – My Digital Life (60) – October 2013
    U101 – Design Thinking (60) – June 2014
    T215 – Communication and IT (60) – October 2014
    T217 – Design Essentials (60) – October 2015
    T325 – Technologies for Digital Media (30) – February 2016
    T307 – Innovation: Design for Sustainable Future (60) – February 2016
    TM470 – Computing and IT Project (30) – February 2016/2017?

ReputationRep:
    I have it painfully sorted with an OUSBA. I wanted to do the 3 years degree full time but it would cost me too much as I'm not eligible for SFE fundings so whether I like it or not, I have to take the Q62 (BSc Honours Computing and IT) part time.

I'm trying to find the coursebooks and other material because now it's just April and the course starts in October, I don't want to waste my time during these months.

The OU should give the option to get the books earlier.

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait to start, if someone want to talk about this course I'm on facebook as "miguel frias mosquea".

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in October. Can't wait. Trying to sort out forms and funding at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in October and can't wait to get started ! :-)

ReputationRep:
    I sent my forms away today. I currently work on a Help Desk for BP and can't wait to get started.

Considering doing an ITIL course before we start in Oct!

ReputationRep:
    hi,

i'm starting in october too and i want to start...

greetings

ReputationRep:
    Hey all, for this on part time and are using Student Fee Loan, create your account and get your CRN number. No harm in calling Open University and giving them the details. Some people say end of May, Student Fee Loan company saying August for the loan to be sorted. Left hand right hand I guess

ReputationRep:
    Ian,

I sent off my forms recorded delivery last week along with letters from employer and application for funding. Fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobboJnr)
    Ian,

I sent off my forms recorded delivery last week along with letters from employer and application for funding. Fingers crossed.
    Good luck mate. Let me know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    No one needs to worry, if I could enroll, even a cow can do it.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, what are people planning with their degree?

ReputationRep:
    With the degree? I'm short of paper for an important project so I'm going to use it for it.

This is it:

Name:  plane.png
Views: 1170
Size:  12.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelfrimo)
    With the degree? I'm short of paper for an important project so I'm going to use it for it.

This is it:

Name:  plane.png
Views: 1170
Size:  12.1 KB
    You must have plenty of time on your hands

ReputationRep:
    As long as the recession last....once it's over I will be back in my country, but in the meantime I prefer to study something so I don't waste it, honestly.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Just come across this post , I'm enrolled to start the TU100 in October, messed up on my Student finance so had to write a letter to say what I messed up on , accidentally only applied for the TU100 credits and not the 30 credits on the maths side of things, hope it does not cause a lot of problems for me.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time .... I love my tech , but have only studied I.T up to GCSE level , I'm also doing the pathway to Computer Science

Waqqy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 28, 2013
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.