Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, TSR. Sorry to drop things like this on you, but that's what you're here for, right?

Anyways, basically I just don't really know what to do with myself anymore in terms of girls and relationships.

I have recently split up from someone after 11 months. It was the best relationship imaginable, like, seriously nothing couold come between us. One night, she just phoned me up out of the blue and said that she didn't want to be with me anymore, and that she couldn't handle being in a relationship. I mean, I would be understanding if it was after a few weeks, but 11 months! And after, I tried to talk to her about it, and maybe fix things, but she just spoke to me as if she didn't even know me; and that really hurt. She didn't even want to consider or think about what we had before that. And this was only an hour or so afterwards.

Naturally, I decided that it would be better to move on, and stop myself from being down about everything, so I just started talking to more people. I found a girl that I really liked, and she seemed lovely. After 2 weeks of speaking to her; her telling me she liked me, and me doing the same; she said that she wanted to stop talking to me for good because I was too nice. I didn't even think it was possible to be too nice. But she said I was so nice that it's not fair because it makes her like me. I would never do anything to pressure anyone into liking me; I mean, if you like someone, then you like them, right?

It just seems that whatever I do, and however nice I am to anyone, it always gets thrown back at me. I have told myself that I'm not going to change, because why should I change for anybody? Everybody tells me that I can do better than the previous girl; but how much better do I have to do? It's hard; and, there are many people that are afraid to even talk to me because they think that they won't be good enough, and that kind of upsets me because I don't feel approachable at all anymore. I just wish that people would see that they don't have to be society's idea of perfect to be my idea of perfect.

Sorry for the rant.

Thank you
    Dom

ReputationRep:
    Do it more like Jay-Z man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Do it more like Jay-Z man.
    Jay-Z said he feels bad for me; also, I am his son.

ReputationRep:
    relax your batty...

on a serious note, your what 18/17 so same age as me. Why you stressing out over relationships just go and have fun, you got much bigger priorities in your life right now girls will come and go. forget about a relationship and shag every bird you see is what im basically saying even if she looks like boris johnson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    relax your batty...

on a serious note, your what 18/17 so same age as me. Why you stressing out over relationships just go and have fun, you got much bigger priorities in your life right now girls will come and go. forget about a relationship and shag every bird you see is what im basically saying even if she looks like boris johnson
    Especially, you mean right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domg1994)
    Jay-Z said he feels bad for me; also, I am his son.
    And he wants you to hit him, too.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm just gonna give up with relationships, and just find some new mates and stuff. If a girl is interested, then something may come of it. I'm just not expecting anything, and it'll be easier. It's just difficult

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't get any easier as the years pass, sorry!

Being 'nice' is generally not what makes a woman/girl feel attracted to you. Obviously your "wonderful" 11-month relationship did not offer your ex what she wanted, and your "niceness" made it impossible for her to explain, nor tell you what she really wanted / needed (I imagine the thought of doing so made her too guilty).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Voyager_2002)
    It doesn't get any easier as the years pass, sorry!

Being 'nice' is generally not what makes a woman/girl feel attracted to you. Obviously your "wonderful" 11-month relationship did not offer your ex what she wanted, and your "niceness" made it impossible for her to explain, nor tell you what she really wanted / needed (I imagine the thought of doing so made her too guilty).
    I'm beginning to understand now. I just don't know what to do to not be so 'nice'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domg1994)
    I'm beginning to understand now. I just don't know what to do to not be so 'nice'
    Well when you find out, be sure you tell me! I'm still searching for this, but I'm only in my mid-50s so there's still hope.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.