Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I already hold three A-levels; Sociology-A*, Geography-A and English Language-B and intend to apply later on this year.

My GCSE grades were BBBBCCDDEE. English Language was a B, and I achieved a C grade in Maths on the second sitting. I can honestly say they don't reflect my abilities, however will such grades be detrimental to my application if I did apply? Could I gain an unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennyP2009)
    I already hold three A-levels; Sociology-A*, Geography-A and English Language-B and intend to apply later on this year.

My GCSE grades were BBBBCCDDEE. English Language was a B, and I achieved a C grade in Maths on the second sitting. I can honestly say they don't reflect my abilities, however will such grades be detrimental to my application if I did apply? Could I gain an unconditional?
    Yeah definitely possible as long as you meet the minimum gcse grades needed. What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennyP2009)

What course are you applying for? I would say that you have a very good shot because your A Levels are excellent and it's well known that GCSE's are not good indicators at all of peoples ability. Even Oxbridge realise this.

From my GCSE's I was predicted to only get C's at A Level, yet I have ABB at AS and AA in my Jan a2 exams.

My GCSE's are; A*BBBBBC and I got an offer from Queen Mary to start in Sept so I'm sure you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks guys Hopefully Geography!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.