Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I already hold three A-levels; Sociology-A*, Geography-A and English Language-B and intend to apply later on this year.

My GCSE grades were BBBBCCDDEE. English Language was a B, and I achieved a C grade in Maths on the second sitting. I can honestly say they don't reflect my abilities, however will such grades be detrimental to my application if I did apply? Could I gain an unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennyP2009)
    I already hold three A-levels; Sociology-A*, Geography-A and English Language-B and intend to apply later on this year.

My GCSE grades were BBBBCCDDEE. English Language was a B, and I achieved a C grade in Maths on the second sitting. I can honestly say they don't reflect my abilities, however will such grades be detrimental to my application if I did apply? Could I gain an unconditional?
    Yeah definitely possible as long as you meet the minimum gcse grades needed. What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JennyP2009)

What course are you applying for? I would say that you have a very good shot because your A Levels are excellent and it's well known that GCSE's are not good indicators at all of peoples ability. Even Oxbridge realise this.

From my GCSE's I was predicted to only get C's at A Level, yet I have ABB at AS and AA in my Jan a2 exams.

My GCSE's are; A*BBBBBC and I got an offer from Queen Mary to start in Sept so I'm sure you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks guys Hopefully Geography!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.