Does the Queen Mary care very much about GCSEs? Watch

JennyP2009
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I already hold three A-levels; Sociology-A*, Geography-A and English Language-B and intend to apply later on this year.

My GCSE grades were BBBBCCDDEE. English Language was a B, and I achieved a C grade in Maths on the second sitting. I can honestly say they don't reflect my abilities, however will such grades be detrimental to my application if I did apply? Could I gain an unconditional?
Iqbal007
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JennyP2009)
I already hold three A-levels; Sociology-A*, Geography-A and English Language-B and intend to apply later on this year.

My GCSE grades were BBBBCCDDEE. English Language was a B, and I achieved a C grade in Maths on the second sitting. I can honestly say they don't reflect my abilities, however will such grades be detrimental to my application if I did apply? Could I gain an unconditional?
Yeah definitely possible as long as you meet the minimum gcse grades needed. What course?
millie-rose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JennyP2009)

What course are you applying for? I would say that you have a very good shot because your A Levels are excellent and it's well known that GCSE's are not good indicators at all of peoples ability. Even Oxbridge realise this.

From my GCSE's I was predicted to only get C's at A Level, yet I have ABB at AS and AA in my Jan a2 exams.

My GCSE's are; A*BBBBBC and I got an offer from Queen Mary to start in Sept so I'm sure you'll be fine!
JennyP2009
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay thanks guys Hopefully Geography!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads