Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, not everyone does pharmacy as a back up to medicine, I personally find that slightly insulting ha. I'd advise you to forget the fact you've applied for medicine all together when you go for this interview.

An OSCE at UEA is sort of a practical exam designed to determine your clinical competence. You have to go around different stations and carry out different tasks like taking a patient's medication history, interpreting blood tests and carrying out a medicines information query. It tests different clinical skills as well as evaluating how well you interact with patients.

We weren't introduced to OSCEs until 3rd year on the course, so I doubt they'd do it at an interview. But it's been a while since I was in that position so I suppose everything could have changed!

Hope this helps and good luck

ReputationRep:
    I think its insulting too,
    It annoys me when people use pharmacy as a back up to medicine.
    They deserve to be rejected. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself a BNF (learn how to find the info), read a few NICE guidance i.e. CG127, CG101 and familiarize yourself with Cochrane (evidence based) and you should be fine...

OSCE is the real deal .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveiswaiting)
    I apologise. I did not mean to offend. I'm friends with a lot of potential Med students, who (like me) put Pharmacy as a back up... Hence why I said it: as all Med students I know have put it down.
    Again, sorry.

But thank you. I've just been informed by someone that there are OSCEs there. So slight freak out time! :/
    Yes there will be OSCEs there, but not in the interview. It will be for actual pharmacy students.

Also, pharmacy really is nothing like medicine, if you really want to be a doctor you'd be better off having a year out and reapplying or doing a Bsc in something then applying to graduate medicine. If you do pharmacy expecting it to be anything like medicine you WILL be disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveiswaiting)
    I apologise. I did not mean to offend. I'm friends with a lot of potential Med students, who (like me) put Pharmacy as a back up... Hence why I said it: as all Med students I know have put it down.
    Again, sorry.

But thank you. I've just been informed by someone that there are OSCEs there. So slight freak out time! :/
    Haha don't worry about it, honestly

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. Just do whatever prep you can and do your best.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.