Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dear IB friends,
    We've been given us our TOK topics in which we are to write 1000 words...
    I have no idea what is to be written and how is 1 essay called a "GOOD" TOK essay.

Normal english essays are way different from the TOK essays.
    So a sample of a good tok essay or tips on how to write will be a really great help.

Thanks a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anuj999)
    Dear IB friends,
    We've been given us our TOK topics in which we are to write 1000 words...
    I have no idea what is to be written and how is 1 essay called a "GOOD" TOK essay.

Normal english essays are way different from the TOK essays.
    So a sample of a good tok essay or tips on how to write will be a really great help.

Thanks a lot.
    Best thing s to get a mark scheme and work to that. For example, there is a whole section on personal experience or something, which without personal examples you would struggle to get more than a couple of marks in that section. Also, I found it more of an informal discussion with myself, you just have to make sure you have the key terms for your topic. But you are just going to have to write to the mark scheme as frustrating as it is

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.