The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Adult nursing Bournemouth 2013

Hi

Just interested in knowing who has applied and has a place to start in sept 2013? Do you know your what location you have?

Who is still waiting to hear after having an interview or who is waiting for an interview?

I had my interview on the 25th March do I am now playing the waiting game. If I get accepted I would like to be placed in Salisbury.

Dee :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Salisbury is lovely but is your teaching done over there too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Placements salisbury and teaching bournemouth. Has accommodation and a free bus to uni x
Reply 3
That's 3 out of 15 from Monday. Wonder who else got in :smile:
Reply 4
Oh yey! If your teaching is in Bournemouth then we will see each other! I was worried that we wouldn't and you would be taught somewhere else! Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Lol no getting rid of me now , 3 years of doom x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I am not complaining! Haha :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Freshers week lol xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I have a few friends coming freshers week! :smile:, my very close friend is doing law at BU in sept so I am looking forward to it :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hey! I am placed in Salisbury and at BU uni :smile: Do you know how long the free bus takes to get to uni and if it goes at more than 1 time in the day ? cheers amy-jane :smile:
Reply 10
Hi Amy-Jane :smile: congratulations on your place! I am also doing adult nursing at BU in Salisbury :smile: x have you got fb? Will introduce you to our group? :smile: xx
Reply 11
Hey guys :smile:
I am just finishing my first year of nursing at BU and study and live at Salisbury, so saw there were some questions on here that I could possibly answer for you all as I felt there was a severe lack of info for Salisbury students last year! The free bus takes about 40 mins to get to the uni and there is only one there and one back a day which is a bit frustrating when you're not in all day. It leaves at 8am and picks you up at 5pm. There is a public bus that you can get if you want but it costs about £4 and will only drop you in Salisbury town centre!
Feel free to ask any other questions that you might have! xxx
Reply 12
Thanks! That's really helpful! X
Reply 13
You're welcome :smile: Anything else you want to know, just ask! :smile: x
Reply 14
I've got an offer to study adult nursing at the Yeovil centre, anyone else? What the best place to look for accommodation?
Reply 15
I have a conditional to study Adult Nursing at Bournemouth uni too! my locality is Bournemouth though, is there anyone else hoping to start in september that has the same locality as me? I'm wondering what accomodation people with my locality are choosing to go with this year?? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Meghan95
I have a conditional to study Adult Nursing at Bournemouth uni too! my locality is Bournemouth though, is there anyone else hoping to start in september that has the same locality as me? I'm wondering what accomodation people with my locality are choosing to go with this year?? :smile:

Hey I have a conditional offer to study Adult Nursing at Bournemouth Uni in Sept and my locality is also Bournemouth! I'm going to opt for hospital accommodation. Have you decided your accommodation yet? :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Bethanyy26
Hey guys :smile:
I am just finishing my first year of nursing at BU and study and live at Salisbury, so saw there were some questions on here that I could possibly answer for you all as I felt there was a severe lack of info for Salisbury students last year! The free bus takes about 40 mins to get to the uni and there is only one there and one back a day which is a bit frustrating when you're not in all day. It leaves at 8am and picks you up at 5pm. There is a public bus that you can get if you want but it costs about £4 and will only drop you in Salisbury town centre!
Feel free to ask any other questions that you might have! xxx

hey,

I am a nursing student in Manchester, moving south this August. I have offers in Southampton and Bournemouth for a transfer to the second year adult nursing, so might be joining your course. I was hoping you can tell me what the course is like in Bournemouth? I heard Southampton Uni is better, but hey, that is just what people say. And Bournemouth appeals to me more when it comes to the beach and life there. I am slightly worried about public transport as well and a good school for my 4-year-old daughter.
Any info would be useful,

Agnieszka
Reply 18
Southampton personally in my opinion was my first choice, the hospital is a lot better than Bournemouth or poole, Both have an amazing night life and shopping but Bournemouth has the beach :smile: if you want a better experience then I would say Bournemouth or if you want better practice then Southampton x
Reply 19
Original post by inessea
hey,

I am a nursing student in Manchester, moving south this August. I have offers in Southampton and Bournemouth for a transfer to the second year adult nursing, so might be joining your course. I was hoping you can tell me what the course is like in Bournemouth? I heard Southampton Uni is better, but hey, that is just what people say. And Bournemouth appeals to me more when it comes to the beach and life there. I am slightly worried about public transport as well and a good school for my 4-year-old daughter.
Any info would be useful,

Agnieszka

Hey!
I also looked at going to Southampton when applying! Southampton is classed as a better university to do nursing but I love the course at Bournemouth and you get so much support there from tutors with all academic work. Bournemouth has a great atmosphere and the beach is lush. The localities for Bournemouth uni are Bournemouth, Poole, Salisbury and Yeovil. I know that Salisbury is classed as the best hospital out of the four and I personally love it there but it is a lot more quiet than Bournemouth so would depend on what you prefer. Also, the public transport is good in Bournemouth and Poole and not so much in Salisbury. :smile: Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending